2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who's going to wait ?

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/04, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting to order until Spring. Currently drive a WRX and don't want drive the '05 GT in the snow/ice until I'm completely used to its handling.

It's going to be a long and painful couple of months, though!
Old 12/5/04, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Giddyup@December 5, 2004, 11:19 AM
I ask all the fence sitters this question: Do you know for sure that you will be breathing when the next model(s) come out???? (I didn't think so). Life is short enough as it is my friends....and it certainly isn't guaranteed. B) Live life to the fullest while it's still around.....and don't bargain the present to try and glimpse the future. 'Nuff said.
I agree with you, Giddyup. This is the reason I am pulling the trigger now. I had thought about waiting for the SE, but my situation may change before then. Besides, if I am in a good enough position, I can trade/sell the GT to get the SE if it is all that.
Old 12/5/04, 10:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am the mustang nut- My friends are avoiding me, Hubby won't talk about it, Mom and Dad just say I will be glad when you get it so you shut up about it.......

I want a sky fi 2 for Christmas- everyone assumes its for Eleanor.

Its just not doable for me today tomorrow or next week or month, I have to get all my ducks in a row first.

And All I ask is Manual, and IUP or diet IUP.........
Old 12/5/04, 04:15 PM
GT Member

Thanks for your replies. It seems like everyone made some valid points why they are going to wait, while others discussed reasons to buy now. I am personally going to wait because I am interested to see what Ford is going to introduce in a couple of years and the improvements that will be made (remember: it is an all-new model so Ford will spend the following years correcting kinks, and improving). Most importantly, my stang is PAID OFF and has been for over a year. The money that I have now is going to be used for my leaking engine and transmission I am disappointed that I have had so many issues with leaking with my car since 30k miles, but still love my car. So I think waiting is a wise choice for me. Also, I like how my mustang looks.
Old 12/5/04, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

waiting patiently for the cobra and to graduate from nursing school lol so I can afford it
Old 12/5/04, 04:53 PM

I would order one right now if it weren't for the following 3 reasons:

1. $

2. $

3. $

Old 12/5/04, 05:02 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Amy V6@December 5, 2004, 7:52 AM
I'm waiting because I'm too broke to get one right now
^_^ :mellow: -_- <_<

(my slow realization of not being able to afford a mustang, after laughing at Amy)
Old 12/5/04, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am not waiting. I want to have one before the market is flooded like Chrysler has done with the PT Cruiser
Old 12/5/04, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm waiting for now.

But not much longer. :-) :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 12/5/04, 05:21 PM
GT Member

I'm with thezeppelin8! I want one so badly, but, well, you know..$$$ Maybe in the spring..
Old 12/5/04, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

IM WAITING ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE TO
05 GT VERT ON THE WAY.......ONLY 3 MONTHS TO GO
Old 12/5/04, 05:43 PM
GT Member

Just curious to know how many of you are going to wait a couple of years, like me, to get your stang. I am going to wait a couple of years for Ford to work out any kinks with the new model. Also, I figure in a couple of years ford will continue to refine S197 in terms of aesthectics and horsepower. I am not too fond of the back of the new mustang (tail lenses and bumper cover). I am hoping that ford will change the back of S197 to something similar to that of the concept. Also, I am interested in the Special Edition models. Thanks

Hey stanger, you could get hit by a car tomorrow or worse. Get your stang NOW.
Old 12/5/04, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Not that this is really a valid point to wait or not wait, but I got mine with the full intention of giving it to my son when he's older. He's only 2 1/2 now but I have a company car and only drive my car on the weekend. So hopefully one day he can drive a "classic" 05 GT.
Old 12/5/04, 06:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by hauss1@December 5, 2004, 5:15 PM
Not that this is really a valid point to wait or not wait, but I got mine with the full intention of giving it to my son when he's older. He's only 2 1/2 now but I have a company car and only drive my car on the weekend. So hopefully one day he can drive a "classic" 05 GT.
That's cool Hauss.....I'm sure you're proud of your Son, and likewise him of you. Enjoy the ride while it's still YOURS....
Old 12/5/04, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I will Giddyup, but it will be gone before I know it. He can already say "bustang". Maybe I should do like the rest of these guys and start saving for 2018 GT.
Old 12/5/04, 06:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by thestanger@December 5, 2004, 3:18 PM
I am personally going to wait because I am interested to see what Ford is going to introduce in a couple of years and the improvements that will be made (remember: it is an all-new model so Ford will spend the following years correcting kinks, and improving).
Stanger....No offense, but assuming that the next years model or subsequent models will be better (bugs, ticks or whatever), is a misconception if you are assuming this. I have no doubt that there will be subtle changes made within a series, or even in a new series/platform......but I have seen things go for the worse also. IMO, the only real valid reason to delay buying a car you like is because of finances in one form or another (babies, houses, debt ratio, insurance, medical issues...yada-yada-yada).
Old 12/5/04, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Waiting until the excitement dies down and the cars can be bought for pennies over invoice at 0% financing... OK, so that's unlikely in the short-term but pony car sales are notoriously slow so once all of the hype is gone, the car's should be more attainable. I'm starting to see them around on the streets and man they stand out! They're all beauties, 6 cyls and GTs... drool... OK, calm down, I can wait... I think.
Old 12/5/04, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

If this spring I have not solved a problem I'm having with my present car which causes it to stall on occasion (and not restart), I might pick up a 05 5 speed V6 stang. if the problem is solved I might wait a few years and get a used 05 or 06 GT.

I don't see the point in changing cars unless you are dissatisfied with what you have now...
Old 12/5/04, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

...unless money is not an issue
Old 12/5/04, 08:24 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thankfully, I signed up through the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) in September to get the X-Plan price. Through EAA, you have to be a member for at least a year before you can use the X-Plan.

So I will be waiting for an 2006 model, unless there is official news by next September that there will a tempting SE like a Mach or Boss. Then I will wait a little longer.

When I was younger, I would obsess about getting a new car to the point of driving my self crazy until I went out and bought it. However, I find that this webpage helps me resist the temptation. This site feeds the "need" to have a Mustang now. I know I will eventually get one, and look forward to when all the hoopla dies down and rebates reappear.

As I have said in previous posts, many Mach 1 buyers wished they had waited about 18 months when they could have saved about $6000 on a Mach 1 in late 03/early 04 vs early 03.

Being the first one on your block to have a mustang is cool, but having a few thousand of my hard earned dollars in my pocket to wait for X-Plan and incentives is more tempting now that I am older.

Who knows, I could wait a couple of years, and buy your used 05GT from you for a little over half of what you paid

Quick Reply: Who's going to wait ?