2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who Stood With You In Getting Your Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/06, 09:13 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My story in a nutshell: My wife drives very infrequently, maybe 2-4 miles a day. I commute about 30 miles a day. Since we need an SUV/baby/dog hauler we decided that she should drive the Tahoe that I had been driving and I should take her Jetta to save on gas.

Of course, I fell in love with the Mustang after the 2004 auto show just like everyone else so my wife let me trade in her Jetta for a 2006 Mustang GT. It actually gets the same, if not better, gas mileage than the Jetta did. I do not miss that Jetta one bit! I am very thankful to my wife for letting me have a little fun.
Old 5/5/06, 10:36 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangfreak @ May 5, 2006, 7:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Whaaaaaat?!?! I'd LOVE to be with a woman who knows her way around a car. And if she knows more then me, man, talk about sexy! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Ya guys like you are hard to find! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

One of my funnest times was sitting in the engine bay of my 67 Mustang, with the head of the engine off (was a 6) and scraping head gasket off of the block. I was dirty as all heck but had so much fun working on that car. Wish I would have gotten a picture.
Old 5/5/06, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Well I got drooling over the Stang ever since I saw a picture of the concept car a few years back. I decided on the spot that this would be the replacement for my (then brand new) VW GTI...

I changed my mind when I found out it wouldn't have IRS... This goes way back, when I was in Colorado for training and hit a bump midcorner on a slippery road in a rental V-6 Mustang and almost lost the car... I remember fondly my later visit to Pikes Peak and how, ahem, careful I was going down [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

When I got fed up of changing coils, window regulators, etc ... I decided to look at another fun car. I was looking at the Altima SE-R when I read that the new Mustang wasn't just a nice ponycar, but a nice car you could drive year-long, even in the snow, and that the dreaded rigid axle wasn't bad after all... I bought one the next day. I was the first customer to leave the dealer's lot driving the car (this was the middle of winter), all other customers had theirs loaded on a truck.

I didn't look back. The car is really great, even if I spend 2 hours a day in trafic. I like the way that this is MY car, since my wife absolutely hates driving it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I've been driving my '99 Jeep Cherokee since I bought it new, and I love it! Yet every time I'd travel on business, Hertz always seemed to put me in a Mustang. V6, mind you, but still fun to drive. I'd get home, get in the Jeep at the airport, sigh, and drive home.

To be honest, I wasn't terribly impressed by the '05 concept car that I saw at the auto show. I shrugged and went home in my Jeep.

When I saw the production version, however, I fell in love. Don't know what they tweaked between it and the concept, but I was hooked. I told the Wife, "You know, the Jeep is paid off, we make decent money, and I want one of those new Mustangs!" She put down her book and replied, "Well, I have my horse, and we can afford it, so go ahead and get one."

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

She was competing in a horse show in Tampa over the holidays in 2004 and I flew down to spend New Years with her. When I got to the airport, I asked Hertz if they had any of the new Mustangs, and they had only one that had just come back, so I talked them into it. After a four-day test drive - which included a drive up to Crystal River and back to visit friends - I was definitely in love!!

So last spring, I pulled the trigger and ordered one. The one discussion we did have when I was spec'ing it out was about the engine. "Why do you need a V8?" says she. "Why do you have to compete in a $4,000 Harris saddle?" says I. She thinks for a moment. "OK," says she. I love her! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

As of this past Thursday, I have owned it a year, and it still seems like just last week that I drove it home!
Old 5/6/06, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

Well I guess I will put my two cents in...lol. When I first seen the 05's on the internet I fell in love. I didn't have the heart to tell my husband I wanted one, because we had traded in my 2002 Mustang vert. for a Linc. LS just the year before because it was hard to fit the car seats for the grandchildren in the Mustang. But one day he came home and said I have to take you somewhere this weekend and see something, he said you will fall in love. Well the weekend came and I reminded him he had to show me something......well we went to the dealership.... and there she was.....and yes I fell in love. He said he really liked it himself. He told me he knew I loved the Mustangs and that I wasn't happy since I got rid of mine, and he also said since he had a 4 door F350 it was plenty of room if we needed to pick the grand kids up and use the car seats. So we checked it to buying her. Well before we could get into the finance office someone else was trying to buy her, I was ready to cry. So we went home, well once we got home the salesman called to say the finance fell thur. I was so happy. Since it was so late and a Saturday night we had to wait until Monday evening to go back to the dealership. Since I knew everyone at the dealership from the salesman to the F&I mgr the put the car on the back lot until I got there. So I must say my husband is the one who stood by me and got my baby for me. Now I am looking for my mom a Mustang.....but all she needs it a V6 and she wants a vert....lol. I told her she will have to let me drive it every now and then....lol. I love my Stang.
Old 5/6/06, 08:35 PM
FR500 Member

ok i have to tell my story!! along with everyone elses story mines a good one because it kills the stereotype of most teenagers.

before i got my license it was back in december of 2003. my friend, peter, who is a HUGE fan of mustangs knew i wasnt a big fan of the body style he liked (1999-2004). he asked me how i liked concept for the new mustang. i said wow i like it and started paying closer attention to it. when i finally saw what they were really going to look like, i was hooked. we went to the auto show in 2004 in NYC and i saw the car and honestly hugged it. same thing in may they had the cross country mustang thing and i saw it there again. i was in love with it. fast forward to summer. i have my license and im driving the BIGGEST piece of junk car ever. my mom layed down the law and said "greg if u want this car u better get a job and save up for a down payment or else". i got a job and started working to save for that down payment.

fast forward to the winter months im still in high school and playing hockey. i disappeared. no one saw me ever because it was work, hockey, school, this and that. my friends were getting mad saying come on have fun bla bla and i said yea when i get my car i will. no one in my senior class believed me that i was getting the exact car i described. soo with a good amount of money put away, my 18th birthdat was january 14, 2005. as a gift to myself i took $500 deposit from my bank account along with my mom and put in the order for my car. I WAS SO HAPPY!!

the wait began. i checked the status everyday. february rolled around and nothing. no new status. i got nervous that i wasnt gonna get my car with the huge demand and all. i wrote a letter to the district manager who wrote a letter to the regional manager who personally called the dealer and arranged my status to be priority above the rest of orders. march 15th i got my status. i tracked the car all the way through production. april 14th she was born, shipped the 15th and arrived the 27th. my salesman called me up and told me and i was practically crying because my dream had come true. the dealership owner got on the phone with me and said "i dont know what you did, but you are the luckiest kid this dealer has ever seen. you have the most beautiful mustang that weve ever come by and i dont know how you pulled it off".

i picked it up a week later on may 4th cuz my parents were the biggest pains in the you-know-whats. my parents left the dealer after the paper work was done and waited for me at home. my brother took the maiden voyage with me and on the way we met up with my friend peter who accompanied us home. my mom had tears in her eyes because she knew how hard i worked and how much i sacrificed for this and she saw i was soooooo happy.

heres the best part. i took it to school and everyone was staring at me as i passed by. each class i walked into id have people asking me tons of questions. at lunchtime as i passed, the same thing, stares and comments and looks of disbelief. kids nowadays dont usually do stuff like this but i proved alot of things wrong

may 4th was only the beginning of my luck. i was able to re-establish a social life. my luck was back. i met a girl (who didnt know about my car until weeks after meeting her) who became my girlfriend (who i love dearly and am still with now for coming up on one year) my new york rangers made the playoffs, i learned the value of responsibility and the dollar. my brother has followed in my footsteps and actually today but a deposite on a 2004 DSG mach 1 he will be taking home soon. im just glad that all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place and everything i wanted was able to happen. im most thankful that i have a car that allows me to get me back and forth to see my girlfriend who loves the car actually. im most thankful for her though. the car is great but its honestly keeping our relationship great cuz i see her everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] mustang [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] thanks for reading!!
Old 5/7/06, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine is actually x2. I went looking for our next car ( Ford 500 ) and those sneaky salespeople had a new TR vert right inside the door ( never looked at the 500 ). I went home and told the wife that I wanted the mustang instead. We discussed it a little bit and she said since it was my turn to pick the next car to go ahead. I picked out TR red leather GT. She took one look at the pics and said it looked like early spanish ***** house ( Sorry to anyone who actually got this combo, her words not mine, I still love it ). So we compromised with SB.

That was in June ( got the car in August ). In December I sais I did not want to take the new car out in the weather and that I needed a "beater". I found a 95 Cobra that needed some work, but the price was right ( reduced to $4500 ) and called the guy. Before I even tried negotiating he dropped to 4k. We agreed on the price , I made arraingements to go up to NY to pick it up, but he all of a sudden was impossible to get in touch with. I tried a couple times a day, left PMs, email, voice mail, messages at work, nothing . I was getting bummed and grumpy and the wife said that since I was going to have to spend the money to fix it up anyhow, spend the extra money and get one that runs. I found one up in MD and a friend and I flew up and picked it up. I have a great wife . The other guy must have gotten rid of it, but Kharma came around as his 06 went through several delays.
Old 5/8/06, 06:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great stories
Old 5/8/06, 06:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

ok I guess my long long sotry that took me 40 min to type suddenly got deleted, whats up with that? i hate when these boards go through changes, end up losing a lot of posts.
Old 5/10/06, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

double post, sorry
Old 5/11/06, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Like a lot of folks, I heard about the redesign and saw the "concepts" in 2004. I was also in the middle of what turned out to be a four-year period without a Mustang - the first time in 24 years I did not have one. I've been driving Mustangs since I was 17.

Found Brad's site, and suddenly was loaded up with good information! Kept researching. The whole time, my bride is saying, "You have to get one of those!"

Did my homework, and we decided we could swing the ideal Mustang I have always wanted. That ideal Mustang had to have three ingredients; V8, manual transmission, and a top that went down.

I still held back. She was asking me, "When are you going to order your car?" But I had seen the first year TSB's Not awful, but I wanted to let the design shake out one model year.

So finally on June 11, 2005, we went to a local dealer and ordered the '06. They gave it a priority 10. The '06's started rolling off the line in early August. Mine was build mid-late August, and arrived at the dealer September 7, 2005. We did the paperwork, put the first CD tune in ("Bad to the Bone" - Geoge Thorogood) and brought her home.

Thanks to my bride for supporting me in getting my dream car. She enjoys it as much as I do!
Old 5/11/06, 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Who stood with me when getting my Mustang? Just three people: me, myself, and I. Once the wife took control of the keys of the Durango, she didn't care less what I drove. She actually thought I was going to come home with a Mini Cooper S, but instead, I brought home the DORA to my 05 Mustang GT.
Old 5/15/06, 07:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My whole family was tired of hearing about the new mustag from me. I went home to my parents one weekend and my step-dad asked a lot of questions about the car. I had a great time talking about it. Then he asks me how much they cost. At that time the price had not been released, but we talked about approximate prices. That is when he dropped the BOMB! He said he would give me $25,000 towards a new Mustang.

At that time, my company was not looking good and I was thinking I was about to be laid off. Well, 4 months later the car arrived and two more months later, I got laid off. It was winter, but I spent a lot of time washing my car. I did not drive much, could not afford too much gas, but it was mine. And it was a GT. I have never owned a GT before.

My mom and step-dad still say they are glad they bought it for me. Mind you I am not a 16 year old kid. I am in my 30's and live in PA where my parents live in VA. They said I have led a good responsible life so far and want to reward me and watch me enjoy my reward. Man do I enjoy it, and do they know how much I do enjoy it. They were up here visting the other weekend, and I kept smiling.
Old 5/16/06, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have to give credit to my wife. We bought mine when she was pregnant with our second child and even though the Stang isn't exactly a family car she didn't try to stop me.
Old 5/16/06, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Best Christmas present ever!!!

I have always driven junk, old cars and trucks with mucho miles. I made sure my wife had the new car for her and the three kids.I'll never forget driving to breakfast one morning after work with my crew. We get to the resturant and my boss says something about the junk car in front of him, ,,,,, that was me of course.

Well after buying my wife her new 03 Mazda Tribute,her 4th new car, raising three kids, college and all, paying off some bills and getting things in order, my turn finally came. 48 and never had a new car in my life, best thing I drove was a 3 year old Maazda B2200 pickup for 10 years. Needless to say I was major excited to get to pick my own new car, my choice, anything I wanted, didnt have to worry about carrying anyone else but me, within my budget of 30k or less.

I never really thought much of buying a Mustang when I started looking, I wasnt really excited by the last gen models , looks were so so , quality ehhh. The only Mustang I have ever desired is a 68 fastback GT. My brother had a 68 Bullet green GT with the 390, Hurst shifter, and some major wide tires on the back. I always loved that car.Still want one!!

I narrowed my choices down to 350Z or Mazda RX8, drove both, loved the RX8. Saw pictures of the new Mustang body and decided to wait for it. WHen I first was able to find a GT to test drive I said to myself , Ill drive this Mustang and then go drive the RX8 again to make sure which one I want.

Needless to say after my test drive of the Mustang GT, I fell in love with all 300 ponies, and forgot about anything else. I found a dealer that would let me order Xplan, waited and picked her up right after christmas 12/28/04. Unwarpping presents that year I didnt have much, the family had what thye wanted, my wife reminds me, YOUR GETTING A NEW CAR, dont expect anything else!! I was happy, I couldnt wait to pick her up.

I'm 50 now, used to get the "mid life crisis" comments, everyone knows now this aint no crisis, this is paitience and a long overdue new car. I have never had anything cool or sporty and this car is all that and the bag of chips to go with it.
Old 5/17/06, 07:35 AM

Unfortunately

I have no one really on my side. I have not bought one yet so the story is incomplete. I am studying at U of I for mechanical engineering and since this concept of the Mustang came out I have wanted one. I remember the first time I saw one was my birthday weekend and I was elated. So since it's conception I've been trying to find out everything I can. This whole time I've been dating a girl who owns a '67 Mustang convertible (straightline 6), which finally got running! I've been talking nonstop about how my first paycheck is going to my Mustang when I'm out. However, now the Shelby has gotten my attention and for 500 hp for 40k (when I get out of school the used ones will be 40k at tops) and I've been talking about getting that. No support though, I always hear "pay off your college debt", "there's no reason for it", etc. I'll prove them all wrong one day, but until then... here's to my desktop wallpaper of the Shelby .

BTW this is arc05 but I've lost my password and my email that I believed had it isn't receiving them so... yeah new name.