2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who has picked up chicks because of the 05?

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 10:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JoeGT05@November 28, 2004, 10:45 PM
Agreed Dustin, but to truly capture a girls attention a Horse passes the dog by leaps and bounds and no I don't mean a Mustang I refer to the real thing :yes:

Joe F.
And if yer hung like a horse, it's better still.
Old 11/28/04, 10:40 PM
GT Member

I haven't picked up any chicks, but I've had some hott random girls I don't know come up to me at gas stations and ask me questions about the car and tell me how much they love it!!! And that's always nice! B) I've had my car for a week and three days and the count is at 3 so, that's not bad!!
Old 11/28/04, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

B) Bought the GT for my wife, paid cash. Several have shown an interest. But not beacuse of the car; let's face it to those that shallow remember .... it's not the size of the member but the size of the members bank account that counts.
Old 11/28/04, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dan@November 28, 2004, 9:20 PM
Just to clear the air let me make some statements based on the comments made:

You should go out with people because of who they are not what they drive and the same should be expected out of the person you are interested in. Anything else is superfiscial and more than likely short-term.

That being said, cars can be a great icebreaker. Someone interested in cars might notice what you drive and you might get to go out with a person of similar interests. But mostly, I think the car will get you a lot of attention and compliments in general which, if your a young person might massage your ego and allow you to have confidence to approach "the one" when they come calling (no not keanu reeves ). Still, I'm grasping at straws a bit here.

I think this thread should be renamed: Instant popularity: The story of a highschool boy getting noticed after buying a stang. LOL.

I find this thread amusing as well.

My personal view is that the mustang is just icing on the cake and makes for some fun drives/dates. Enjoy it for yourself first and everything else becomes a bonus.
"woah"

Old 11/28/04, 11:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+November 28, 2004, 10:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ November 28, 2004, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Steve@November 27, 2004, 2:23 PM
Seriously - if you need a car in order to 'pick up chicks', you've got bigger problems than what a car can possibly solve!

Win 'em over with your personality and character. Otherwise, when the car is gone, so will the chick(s). If you've got the 'right stuff', you could be driving a '77 Fiat and they won't care.

Real men do not need an '05 Mustang to 'pick up chicks'. Really. And if you DO pick up a chick because of your car, what does that say about HER?
You're joking right?

The first thing anyone notices is appearance. Its impossible not to. Whether its yours or your cars, its the first thing you see.

Now, you can make up for it with personality and all that jazz, but the "**** he drives a nice car" factor will always help. [/b][/quote]
The flaming underworld must have froze over, for once (pray to god it's once) I agree with Grantsdale.

The initial meeting is usually about how you break the ice, I think an 05 Mustang would be one great icebreaker.
Old 11/29/04, 12:05 AM
GT Member

The spirit of this thread is totally normal and logical. A nice car (or a dog) gives a gal an excuse to say something to the guy - without the worry of feeling to forward.

I get loads of "nice bike" and have for the ten years I have had this bike - and I love every single one of them.

We all (male - female - young - old) could use more ice breakers in our lives - esp us single people.

A gal that likes cars is in fact a plus to a car guy - it helps her understand the guy. I personally find a way to find out if a gal that I meet likes motorcycles. When I hear "I love motorcycles" vs "well I really don't think about them much" or "I can take them or leave them" it is music to my ears because they have always been a part of my life and always will be.

Girl A: I love cool cars (in my case motorcycles)
Girl B: I like to go to flee markets and yard sales

All things being equal - I know which one I would get along with better.
Old 11/29/04, 12:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Being newly single again, I'm going to make sure the next girl I meet likes cars, that way she'll understand that the car is not only transportation but my hobby. Having a Mustang is a good icebreaker even a 97GT. I can only imagine what an 05 would be like as an icebreaker. I agree with whoever said that it's wrong if they like the car first.
Old 11/29/04, 03:20 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

I disagree with the Girl A and Girl B thing. As one who's been married to a "chick" for a decade+, you change over time -- and my hobbies are some of the most superficial things in my life. I met my wife teaching her martial arts; which I haven't done much of in 8 years. So I agree that cars are a good icebreaker, but pretty much irrelevant to which you're going to want to spend time with long term. And if all that you're interested in is couch-surfing or arm-candy, then it doesn't really matter much either.
Old 11/29/04, 05:19 AM
Bullitt Member

My friend Alyssa came home from college over the break and took severall shotty rides. The first thing she told me was even she'd have sex with me in it (we're best friends) and that it was an automatic turn on as soon as she heard the engine.

My brother expects me to have a hoe train by Christmas.
Old 11/29/04, 05:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DJ07@November 29, 2004, 6:22 AM
My brother expects me to have a hoe train by Christmas.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tis the season!!
Old 11/29/04, 05:42 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Dan, if she'll have sex with you in it, chances are you're more than friends and just don't know it yet ;-) 95% of women will tell you there's no alterior motives; and 99% of women lie. ;-)

P.S. when you get to the age that you're thinking about marriage, picking your best friend is the best move you can make.

P.S.S. What's a hoe train? Some farming thing? (I think you meant ho train ;-)
Old 11/29/04, 06:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

dke, cracking me up.
Old 11/29/04, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

darn that's funny....toot toot!!!
Old 11/29/04, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I've got one for you. My husband bought me the car for my birthday 2 years ago. He'd granted me a birthday wish. I could have anything I wanted, no monetary limits, no expiration date. When I saw a pic of the '05 on the internet at the Detroit Auto Show, I drooled, and said that is what I wanted! I could have wished for a house, but if we move, then I can't take it with me. If I'd wished for a cruise or vacation, all I would have is the memories and pictures. I hang on to cars forever (I still have my '78 Mustang II Ghia). So I know I'll have this car 'til the day I die. I chose everything on it and we placed the order in June. I got it October 22. ANYWAY........... I went to WalMart last week late in the evening and as I was standing in line in the checkout, this guy in front of me commented to the cashier that he wondered who owned the '05 Mustang GT. I sheepishly raised my hand and smiled and told him it was mine. He was so in awe, that he put my sacks of groceries in the cart, then loaded them into the trunk for me. He thought it was so awesome and we chatted about the car. Turns out he is a fireman in the town where I live. So it is NOT just a "chick" magnet, guys are just as interested in the car with a girl driving it. And, btw, I'm in my 40's not in my 20's. So it is NOT an age thing. When I got home, my husband said that figures -- out picking up guys again. LOL.
Old 11/29/04, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by yur1279@November 27, 2004, 12:42 PM
i got like 5 girls who all want rides when i get my car, sounds good to me. But as posted above, if a girl talks to me only becasue of my car, then she isn't for me.
hit it before you decide that Roy
Old 11/29/04, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I most def. got like 10 girls waitign for rides. They should reward me for mmy kindness.

Also, will the school notice some black rubber stripes i placed by my parking spot today??
Old 11/29/04, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even if I had the new Stang I wouldn't let in any girl who although is pretty,smells of cigarettes and whose only ent. is going to Techno&Hip-Hop clubs.
Maybe I am cruel,but 99% of pretty girls behave like that.
Where is Rock&Roll gone... :bang:
Old 11/29/04, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by DJ07@November 29, 2004, 8:22 AM
...My brother expects me to have a hoe train by Christmas.
The HO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O Train.
Old 11/29/04, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Regardless of what anyone thinks of this thread, I think most could agree that it's one of the more amusing threads on here. That pic of the ho train had me roflmao!
Old 11/29/04, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jimascenz@November 29, 2004, 3:23 PM
The HO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O Train.
That's it. You've come up with the perfect vanity plate!

Quick Reply: Who has picked up chicks because of the 05?