2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Who has picked up chicks because of the 05?

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boomer@November 28, 2004, 3:13 PM
All the guys that say 'if you need a car to pickup a chick, you got bigger problems'
need to lighten the crap up....

Are you trying to school us on the ways of women?

Dude, its a way to get a conversation started, or get your attention.
Don't get all preachy
Boomer - I'm not getting 'all preachy' at all. And there is no one on the face of this earth who could 'school' ANYbody "on the ways of women". :scratch:

I simply said (and you can go back and read it if you like) "If you NEED a Mustang to pick up a date then you have a bigger issues" (or something like that. The emphasis was on "NEED", as in the ONLY way you can get a date is because of the car. And if that IS the case, then a guy DOES have some issues.

If you agree, fine - and if you don't it doesn't matter to me. We're just talking opinions here.
Old 11/28/04, 04:03 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@November 27, 2004, 11:44 AM
I picked up my current chick selling Hybrids....

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

anyway......im a baby(still in hs) compared to u guys lol. but i know plenty of girls who want me to "pick them up in it when i get it".......if thats what they mean. i dont have it yet but i cant wait to get it
Old 11/28/04, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

If you think this thread is preachy or too serious, take a look at the thread on racial profiling...jeez!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=10268
Old 11/28/04, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

If you pick up a chick and she likes your car maybe she is just a stang lover like yourself and you will at least have one thing in common.
Old 11/28/04, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nailing a stang lover is never a bad thing. heck I love this thread it's funny as heck. Keep it up guys I seriously think this thread owns.
Old 11/28/04, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by WaveMan2k3@November 28, 2004, 7:08 PM
Nailing a stang lover is never a bad thing. heck I love this thread it's funny as heck. Keep it up guys I seriously think this thread owns.
I knew this was a good idea for a thread

Old 11/28/04, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Oooooo-kay.... Well, let me begin by saying (as some of you might know) I'm 21, and just got an '05 .

Already I have gotten a few stares from girls (including a couple pulling up next to me at a light and mouthing "Nice Car"). A fellow student at school who is just crazy about Mustangs had to see it. I have no chance of getting a date with her, but its still nice to be noticed I've found that girls really like Mustangs...(most kinda light up and say, "05 Mustang? You have the new Mustang?")

I'm sure if 'she' is as crazy about the car as I am, we'll have plenty in common besides...
Old 11/28/04, 07:04 PM
GT Member

Went to a Wedding this past weekend. I gave a ride to one of the bridesmaids from the wedding over to the reception. Well lets just say I gave her a ride home also after she rode in the car. This is just to EASY!!!!!!
Old 11/28/04, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@November 28, 2004, 7:52 PM
Oooooo-kay.... Well, let me begin by saying (as some of you might know) I'm 21, and just got an '05 .

Already I have gotten a few stares from girls (including a couple pulling up next to me at a light and mouthing "Nice Car"). A fellow student at school who is just crazy about Mustangs had to see it. I have no chance of getting a date with her, but its still nice to be noticed I've found that girls really like Mustangs...(most kinda light up and say, "05 Mustang? You have the new Mustang?")

I'm sure if 'she' is as crazy about the car as I am, we'll have plenty in common besides...
Mainly HS girls mention my Mustang. Most of the College girls I know all like BMWs. That's all I know ...
Old 11/28/04, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Hmm, what are their majors...I'm in Art, the business majors might be different
Old 11/28/04, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+November 28, 2004, 2:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ November 28, 2004, 2:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Steve@November 28, 2004, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by Grantsdale@November 28, 2004, 10:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Steve
@November 27, 2004, 2:23 PM
Seriously - if you need a car in order to 'pick up chicks', you've got bigger problems than what a car can possibly solve!

Win 'em over with your personality and character. Otherwise, when the car is gone, so will the chick(s). If you've got the 'right stuff', you could be driving a '77 Fiat and they won't care.

Real men do not need an '05 Mustang to 'pick up chicks'. Really. And if you DO pick up a chick because of your car, what does that say about HER?

You're joking right?

The first thing anyone notices is appearance. Its impossible not to. Whether its yours or your cars, its the first thing you see.

Now, you can make up for it with personality and all that jazz, but the "**** he drives a nice car" factor will always help.

No. I'm not joking. Not at all.

If the only reason a girl/woman will talk to you - who otherwise would not give you the time of day - is because of your car, then in my view that is shallow.

I don't argue the "Appearance is the first thing you notice" statement - but if you NEED the Mustang to get a date, then something is lacking.

I stand by what I said.
I get your point, but again, if the girl is going to notice you first because of the car, whats wrong with that? If you have the personality, the looks, and the car thats better than having just the first two. [/b][/quote]
The bottom line here is that no matter WHAT you drive, if the chick doesn't dig YOU...you're SOL. And plenty of women couldn't care less about cars...period. How many of the wives of posters here are SICK of hearing about the new Mustang?

A Mustang...or BMW...or Ferrari...or any other car you choose to name can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

This really is a twenty-something discussion anyway. So I'll leave it to the youngsters who are still learning the "ways of life." B)
Old 11/28/04, 08:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert@November 28, 2004, 8:49 PM
This really is a twenty-something discussion anyway. So I'll leave it to the youngsters who are still learning the "ways of life." B)
Exactly.

:dance:
Old 11/28/04, 08:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Just to clear the air let me make some statements based on the comments made:

You should go out with people because of who they are not what they drive and the same should be expected out of the person you are interested in. Anything else is superfiscial and more than likely short-term.

That being said, cars can be a great icebreaker. Someone interested in cars might notice what you drive and you might get to go out with a person of similar interests. But mostly, I think the car will get you a lot of attention and compliments in general which, if your a young person might massage your ego and allow you to have confidence to approach "the one" when they come calling (no not keanu reeves ). Still, I'm grasping at straws a bit here.

I think this thread should be renamed: Instant popularity: The story of a highschool boy getting noticed after buying a stang. LOL.

I find this thread amusing as well.

My personal view is that the mustang is just icing on the cake and makes for some fun drives/dates. Enjoy it for yourself first and everything else becomes a bonus.
Old 11/28/04, 08:30 PM

Well I guess it is this 22 year old "pups" turn to add his perspective, This car for me will be much like my SS is to me now. A means for me to escape for a while from my normal day to day shennanigans, not a means by which for me to attract the oppisite sex out right. If I were out crusing the main drags and strips in town and happened to get the attention of a young woman that is one thing but I will not be going Steve Irwin shela hunter in it. To be honest I would rather crack the throttle by the old folks home when their doing their mid afternoon walk and scare the poo out of some elderly people and get a fist shaken at me then go looking for some "temporary company". Now say if I were to pull into a Dunkin Donuts a nice place like that where people my age hang out meet a nice girl get a phone number that would be great but as far as any back seat, front seat, hood stuff uh uh oh heck no, a hug a kiss, parked looking at the sky just fine and dandy any of that other crap uh uh besides the damage that may cause to the stang my mother raised me better than that.

Now I have an issue thou that has not been mentioned yet, I am an Older brother with a sister in high school, and wel lets just say some of my sisters little girlfriends and some of the older ones have had a wee bit of a fondness for me since the whole coming of age thing kicked in, now on the rare ocassion when I have to drop her off or pick her up at school in the SS its like im a darn celebrity rolling up least to them the SS draws alot of attention now imagine my delema when rolling up in the stang?....to be in High School again or heck just 17 again.....

Joe F.
Old 11/28/04, 08:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

so far, I've lost count as to how many girls I have picked up, I would say in the 20's range, and still counting.....LOL
Old 11/28/04, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhh, this is all too funny. Personally, I'm buying the Stang for ME, MYSELF and...that's right...aye aye. Now there's a concept, eh?

And when I'm crusin' down Main Street at 120 mph, I don't want some chick screaming at me: SLOW DOWN!!!
Old 11/28/04, 09:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dan@November 28, 2004, 7:20 PM

That being said, cars can be a great icebreaker
Exactly. End of story.
Old 11/28/04, 09:25 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dogs are better icebreakers

Cool ones like bulldogs
Old 11/28/04, 09:42 PM

Agreed Dustin, but to truly capture a girls attention a Horse passes the dog by leaps and bounds and no I don't mean a Mustang I refer to the real thing :yes:

Joe F.

Quick Reply: Who has picked up chicks because of the 05?