2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

white 05, blue stripes, 19"wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If those stripes are vinyl can you tell me the brand and exact color that you used? It looks great.
Old 11/29/04, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the stripes are vinyl. You can ask here : trim-line-goik@t-online.de
Old 11/29/04, 08:11 AM
GT Member

ESSEN 2004
Old 11/29/04, 08:13 AM
GT Member

Essen 2004
Old 11/30/04, 10:07 AM

Firts of all, OMFG!!! Peter, excellent job! A perfect 10!! :worship:

Now, let me tell yal, first I was thinking of getting a Screaming Yellow 05, to trade my 1999 chrome yellow, but enough of yellow... But then I saw the Sonic Blue, and I said well... let me go for it... But now,
Sorry Pete, I guess I will copy your car color combination... But dont worry I live on Mexico....

BTW, how you shorten the antenna?

And how different you feel the car on 19'', comparing it to the stock 17''? Does it get really hard and bumpy, while driving on rough roads? Well you live on Germany, right? I think of Gmy, the heaven of perfect roads.... But here on Mexico :bang: :notnice: :nono: :angry: &^%#$!@, well.... they suxz, full of pot holes, speed bumps, and the quality of the paviement... OMG the quality.... the worst.....

So, what do think?
Old 11/30/04, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Peter - magnificent ride! Am I off the 'mark' here (sorry for bad pun!) or is yours the first Mustang sold? I remember back weeks ago that Brad mentioned the first sale was for a car going to Germany.

A dealer in New Hampshire near me had received a white GT with the red ICAP interior about month ago. After seeing it sit there in the show room with a sold sign on it for a couple weeks I asked why it had not been delivered yet. He replied that this one plus 2 others at other dealers had been purchased by someone in Germany and this showroom car was awaiting transport. Knowing what a head turner these new Stangs are here I can just imagine the looks over there!

Enjoy your fantastic new Mustang. Best wishes for many years of thrilling drives!
Old 11/30/04, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Peter1966@November 21, 2004, 4:55 PM
For the registration I wait till the show is over. I have to do some mods for the rear lights ( :notnice: euro law- amber turn signal) and have to add a fog-rear light . Art.... I think you have a US license with a german plate or did I saw something wrong.
The U.S. Forces in Germany switched to German-style license plates about 5 years ago, with our own "Streitkrafte der Amerikanische Militar in Deutschland" and a USA with a NATO symbol in the upper left hand corner.

Protesters in the 1980's found it too easy to identify the Green plates as American (and thus paint-bomb or torch the cars) so there was a switch to white, then white with black lines top and bottom (works on a mob, but obviously not a German plate)

Finally we switched to German plates, more because of changing Status of Forces Agreements than anything else.

So what you saw was a German plate, in a manner of speaking. Americans have adopted a few unused letter combinations.

(For those of you in the States, German cars can be traced to a specific region, at least, by their initial letter(s) on their plates. Large towns like Berlin are a simple B, Munich = M. Heidelberg is HD, since it is not so large; three letters indicates someone who lives in the country, or may be driving a rental, since rental companies occasionally register all their cars in a relatively obscure town, to give business and identify their vehicles more readily.)

My kids say I talk too much.
Old 11/30/04, 02:55 PM
GT Member

Joaquin, nice to hear that. The short Antenna I bought from UPR Products and it works excellent in Germany. (www.uprproducts.com ) The car feels more nice with the 19"wheels, but I think it has to do with the Michelin tires. They have a very soft sidewall. Oh yes..... it's the first 05 Mustang sold. You can see the car in the timeline section under GT performance white. I can switch back every modification to keep the car original. I ve ordered another pair of mirrors to make them white cause I don t want to paint the originals. Oh Deathdealer I know about the german US license, so it s so easy for you to enjoy your new baby..... but for us Europeans ....... we need documents for everything...front lights, rear lights, turn signal, emissions, exhaust, brakes and and and...... lucky you
Old 12/1/04, 05:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by orange tree@November 30, 2004, 7:10 PM
Well you live on Germany, right? I think of Gmy, the heaven of perfect roads.... But here on Mexico :bang: :notnice: :nono: :angry: &^%#$!@, well.... they suxz, full of pot holes, speed bumps, and the quality of the paviement... OMG the quality.... the worst.....
lol no way Germany is the heaven of roads, you really shouldn't assume that our roads are in perfect condition just because we have the Autobahns here (although most of our roads are in quite a decent condition)
Old 12/1/04, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

OMG, The Germans do have pretty good roads, the best kept are in Switzerland, if you want true adventure, go to Bulgaria, Poland, or Kosovo if you are really brave. Poland and Bulgaria are improving, they just need time to fix things up. Most of their roads are like the ones in Michigan.
Old 12/31/04, 02:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm not a huge fan of stripes. But I have to admit it's needed to break off the white as evidenced here .. I saw a white yesterday in person on a highway here, also had the blue stripes and i almost got whiplash as it zoomed by..

Very sexy and very nice car.

Old 12/31/04, 04:05 AM
GT Member

Peter, I really like your car
Have to say I admire your perfectionism, too. B)

The car says '66 Shelby, and it works without being too enslaved by the original's details.

:scratch: I wonder how many km/mi this thread has traveled back and forth across the "pond"?
Old 12/31/04, 10:41 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@November 22, 2004, 2:08 PM
Nice pics! I like how you painted inbetween each tail light.
I did not even notice that... that's cooool!
Old 12/31/04, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Holy Cripes... That picture on page 3 with the fog lights on is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen that wasn't a human female..

So nice it makes me want to cry to be perfectly honest

The only thing I would change on that car is painting the rear view mirrors white and add some nice matte silver exhaust tips to match the rims.. That's it... Smokin' car, just an eyepopper to say the least.. The look of this car shows how Ford has done such a perfect job in designing the retro look for the 05' .
Old 12/31/04, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

You know, this is the only color combo where the rocker panel stripes look fantastic on the car ..
Old 12/31/04, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Peter, What color is the interior??? I think that it may be red, right? If it is in fact red, then why opt for blue stripes?? I was thinking for a long time to do the same thing. i.e. polar white with blue stripes but I couldn't see doing it with the red interior that I like---------Its patriotic though red/white and blue!!
Old 12/31/04, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree.. If I had Peter's car I think a Parchment interior would look mighty fine. And maybe blue inserts in the seats ?????

Old 12/31/04, 05:52 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i would go with the dark choarcol interior myself... but with whichever color you go for, you cant miss, theyre all kick ****

Hi, Joaquin!

when i go visit family in Guad, Mex we sometimes go through a street we call "El Calle de Low Riders," because there are so many pot holes that it seems the cars are bouncing up and down like a low rider lol
Old 1/1/05, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jwenger@December 31, 2004, 2:12 PM
Peter, What color is the interior??? I think that it may be red, right? If it is in fact red, then why opt for blue stripes?? I was thinking for a long time to do the same thing. i.e. polar white with blue stripes but I couldn't see doing it with the red interior that I like---------Its patriotic though red/white and blue!!
On second thought, I don't think the red interior for Peter's car is that bad.. If you have sat in the red leather upgrade, it is just awesome.. In my view, it's like having 2 different cars - when you are inside it it's a red and black car - when outside it, it's a blue and white car = best of both worlds IMO .. I think the red leather with that car is kickin '

Anyways, if I had Peter's car those windows would be tinted like a limousine and no one would be able to see inside anyway, LOL .

ps - I like that last pic where the 2 guys in the aisle are turning their heads 90 degrees to drool over the car..

Old 1/1/05, 02:40 PM
GT Member

Domainer, the interior is dark charcoal. Tinted side windows are not legal in Germany :notnice: but to drive her topspeed is. She run home from Essen 145 mp/h without problems !! The tail light stripes are vinyl. A new set of rear mirrors are on order and than..... yea white! The new exhaust will be from Ford Motorsport made by Borla (2005 Ford Performance catalog) and finally the suspension...

happy new year to everybody on earth !!!

Quick Reply: white 05, blue stripes, 19"wheels