2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Whinnie's ('07 V6) Accident Saga...

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/09 | 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Whinnie's ('07 V6) Accident Saga...

Well, since the thread was lost in the crash I'll start it here.

On July 30, 2009, it was raining and I was stopped at a red light behind a few cars. Then all of the sudden I hear tires screeching.....I look in my rear view mirror and....WHAMMMMM. A Dodge Caravan crashes in to the back of Whinnie.

I pull over to the side of the road as does the van. We do the usual with getting cops there and exchanging info etc. While the cop was checking info and I'm sitting in the passenger seat of my car, I hear more tires screeching. And then a crash, then more tires, crash, and more tires and crash!!! In the very same lane where our wreck happened the four cars hit. One of the two cops who came to check ours out pulled out from the shoulder and aided the four cars and their drivers.

Needless to say, I am ok except for some lower back pain. Whinnie is injured but not as bad as I thought she should be considering the speed of the impact. Mustangs are built so solidly!

If only on that day I'd know that it was going to become an even more pain in my butt,

- I just got back from having the estimate done. I have my appointment setup for the repairs next monday. They said $1300 and 5 days of work.

- On the 14th, I got awakened by the call from the body shop today, stating that my car won't be ready til Tuesday or Wednesday.

-They found additional damage. Not a fun way to wake up and start the day.

-Then on the 19th, (the day I was supposed to get the car back). I hadn't heard from the body shop and so called. The guy said that the insurance adjuster didn't get out the survey the extra damage til this morning . He now tells me that the rear quarter panel had been damaged and would require an extra 7 hrs of work!! They had the part ordered already but couldn't do anything til the adjuster came out. UGH.
He tells me it'll be Monday or Tuesday before I get it back. WTF.

PS. the insurance CO is one of the worst I've had to deal with ever!!!!!! I don't want to use names but it's one of the big ones. LAME.

- Later: It's now the Monday which I was told last wednesday that I would get Whinnie back. Called the shop this morning since they never called me on Friday like they said they would. UGH. The guy I've been dealing with wasn't there, so I left a voice mail.

- I never got called back. I had to call them! The car hasn't even gone to paint yet! Total BS!!! 14 FREAKIN' DAYS!! They won't even committ to telling me it'll be ready tomorrow even! PFFT Never again!

- Tuesday August 25th: WOW! It's going to be another day! UGH. They said it's in primer right now. They have not been cooperative wit me on getting it back, they tried to say it'll Thursday or Friday! Sheesh! But, I was very stern with them and they are going to have to get it to me tomorrow.
Wednesday Day 16: Update: Boy, this is becoming a novel of a thread.

- Got a call from the bodyshop this morning. My car is in line for paint and will be ready tomorrow. Apparently, the shop over committed to 67 clients! How crazy is that? If I hadn't nagged and probed, my car probably wouldn't even be in line for paint this week! They lost my family's business forever.

- Though out of all this I am getting a GT rear bumper cover. Pics to follow!

Murphy's Law: What can go wrong, will go wrong.

- Alright this is almost comical. Murphy's law is having fun with me. I got my car back. However! The shop was sent the wrong bumper cover. So I have one that looks just like my old one, for now. So in a week I take it back and they put the correct one on and get it back to me that day. But, I'm so glad to have Whinnie back!!

Update: 9-11-09: On Wednesday I dropped my car off at the shop to have the bumper changed out . I get confirmation that it'll be ready Thursday mid day or by 3 pm. They told me they will call me.

I get a Toyota Yaris rental car. Peppy compared to that Malibu.

Thursday I wait for the call. No call. At 4:30 I call, they put me on hold for 5 minutes. I get the guy saying "ohh we had trouble bending the exhaust pipe back up to fit the new bumper, so can we get it back to you tomorrow?" I was furious! They were making excuses up the wazoo. Stuff like "we are not trying to give you the runaround, the guy you talked to didn't take the tail pipe bending into account, etc. All of which I was able to come back with a response that would dissolve any and all of the excuses. Total BS. They earned themselves a poor review on google.com's business review.

So, it is now 10:45 AM Friday. Will post tonight to hopefully end this saga.

Last edited by unnoticedtrails; 9/11/09 at 10:51 AM.
Old 9/11/09 | 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got her home!
The GT bumper looks great! I can't believe how much it makes a difference! Here are some pics I just took.

More pics to come...but here ends the saga!

THE END

Last edited by unnoticedtrails; 9/11/09 at 05:07 PM.
Old 9/11/09 | 08:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I feel that after all of the hell I went through with this accident, I was redeemed today by not only getting my car back with the GT rear bumper, but...

A friend send me this Silver Horse Racing black out honey comb panel for the rear Thank you Donny. He never asked for anything in return, such generosity.

Here are more pics...

Last edited by unnoticedtrails; 9/11/09 at 08:08 PM.
Old 9/13/09 | 07:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Holy crap what an ordeal! I had someone rearend me about 6 month's after I brought my GT home and it didn't take nearly that long to get my stuff done. the had to replace that back bumber and work on the rear quarter but didn't have to repalce it. the trunck was sticking up a little but everything was done within two weeks with no hassles. Also got hit by a stakebody truck in a paking lot and the job was done quickly and with great results. Glad 2 see everything worked out. My insurance company was great also and didn't hold anything up and was a breeze to deal with.
Old 9/13/09 | 07:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by area5179
Holy crap what an ordeal! I had someone rearend me about 6 month's after I brought my GT home and it didn't take nearly that long to get my stuff done. the had to replace that back bumber and work on the rear quarter but didn't have to repalce it. the trunck was sticking up a little but everything was done within two weeks with no hassles. Also got hit by a stakebody truck in a paking lot and the job was done quickly and with great results. Glad 2 see everything worked out. My insurance company was great also and didn't hold anything up and was a breeze to deal with.
I'm so envious of you. It sure was an ordeal! But, it's over!