2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

While waiting for my 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/05 | 09:49 AM
V6 Member

This may sound stupid but I would like some descriptions of your first drive in an 05/06 GT. In 1989 I bought a GT vert and thought that was pretty fun. It seemed quick enough for street fun (not racing) for me. When I decided to get a new Mustang the only ones available to drive were V6's. Now the V6 actually felt a lot like my 89 GT did,
Quick enough to be fun to drive. My 06 is scheduled for week of Aug 29th and I am getting very curious as to how this car is going to feel/sound. I did opt for an auto this time around so some of the driving experience will be lost. Just wondering what to expect. Be descriptive or poetic and maybe a song will be written about it.
Old 8/15/05 | 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

My first test drive in an manual transmission GT was awesome. I'm coming from a 4 banger Honda, so of course I'm going to be impressed.

Second test drive was the suck. The car felt extremely sluggish and had very bad throttle response. I don't know how to explain the poor throttle response, but the sluggish feeling probably came from the fact that this time around I had 3 people in the car total, this saleman was much bigger than the last guy, he wouldn't let me take off traction control, he didn't want me to take it over 4k RPM.

The second test drive has gotten me so paranoid, that I haven't even gotten my 06 yet, but I'm ordering 3.90 gears, CAI, and a custom tune on a loaded dyno. Hopefully that will take care of the sluggishness and poor throttle response.
Old 8/15/05 | 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

My first and only car has been a Hyundai Elantra (99) 4cyl. I test drove a mineral grey V6auto with leather seats and it was the most fun I have ever had in a car. Was going 95 in no time before i slowed down because the dealership guy was getting nervous. The whole time I thought "This is the coolest car I have ever driven, and if its this fun the GT has to be a BEAST" That was it, sealed the deal. I was thinking maybe before, and then after driving it there was no other option: Buy a 06 GT or suicide myself after living a life full of regret and self hatred. Ordered myself an 06 TG with IUP and ICAP. I am quite frankily getting really tired of waiting for her, but it will be a special day indeed.