2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

where and how much would cost to put a Saleen SC

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07 | 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

where and how much would cost to put a Saleen SC

Hi guys, I had a few questions for the guys with Saleen Superchargers.

the looks is amazing, and I see most people here has them installed, where you guys got it done?
I live in Central Florida, is there any dealer that would install it with out voiding the warranty?
is this the SC that needs special motor mounts to lower the motor when you install it? how does it look under the body? is the tranny feeling lower also after doing that?
Is it true that the design is so good that with less boost generates more power?
What would be the total installed price for it?
I have a C&L racer CAI and an SCT xcalII already, will I need anything else to tune the car up?
I am not into power craziness I am a guy that would love to be able to say I have a Supercharged mustang and maybe show off a little bit every now and then, buut I would not be going to the 1/4 mile all the time and stuff.

I saw a thread about SC's a poll, but I didn't want to go off topic asking only about the saleen.
Sorry about some questions that could be silly, but I am a total newby about SuperChargers.

Thanks!
Old 1/25/07 | 05:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Talk to Jim Jr. or Jim III @ JDM Performance, best place to get the Saleen Supercharger kits! They sell them in a stage 1 and stage 2 kit. Stage 2 kit putting around 450RWHP. They sell their kits with the C&L racer intake and use SCT tuning. so you pretty uch knocked off a couple hundred bucks off the price. so all you need is the supercharger kit and all the hardware, fuel pumps etc and your good to go.

www.teamjdm.com
Old 1/26/07 | 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

thanks for the info Maverick, I'll contact them
good I already have the racer and the sct!!
Old 1/26/07 | 07:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Why does JDM have to be so close....
Old 1/26/07 | 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fryguy
Why does JDM have to be so close....
I know...... my car goes under the knife next week!! JDM stage 2 baby!
Old 1/26/07 | 09:27 AM
Banned

I installed my supercharger myself but I also would recommend JDM for you but they are in New Jersey. It would be a long trip but well worth the ride! It is a pretty simple install so most speed shops can put it in. The biggest advantage with JDM is their cutsm tunes. They seem to be the best at it and I plan to do the Saleen injector and pulley upgrade myself then take it to JDM to get the custom tune. The Saleen supercharger does make great power with little boost but so do the other twin screw designs. You are looking at about a 1000 dollars to do a basic install and tune at JDM but the price goes up as you get more and believe me JDM will really encourage you to get more. If you add in the stage II upgrade you are looking at about another 750. I have heard that you do have to use special motor mounts for the hood clearance issues but I used the Saleen hood so I never went through that. I imagine that lowering the motor by such a little amount will not cause the transmission any problems.
Old 1/26/07 | 01:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by HiRoller
I know...... my car goes under the knife next week!! JDM stage 2 baby!
Lee, you have no idea how hard it is for me to restrain myself from getting my car done too. . All I will say is SOMEDAY SOON, I will have a blower!!!
Old 1/26/07 | 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Lee, you have no idea how hard it is for me to restrain myself from getting my car done too. . All I will say is SOMEDAY SOON, I will have a blower!!!
You can take mine for a spin at MIR in March!
Old 1/26/07 | 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by HiRoller
You can take mine for a spin at MIR in March!
Thanks for the offer dude, I may take you up on that. When I have the money for this, It will come down to either the Roush, Ford Racing, or the Saleen. Now, all I need is the cash.
Old 1/26/07 | 07:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I live on the west coast of Fl. and I installed my own in about 8 hr if I could help let me know. Takes a few days for the flash turn around.
Old 1/27/07 | 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

man, I live in Orlando, if I put a S/C I think I will drive up there to have it done proffessionally by JDM people...
unless there is a great tuner/mechanic in Orlando that knows s197's real good..
but I traded in my '05 for an '07 exactly identical(almost) and it only has 200 miles, so I guess I will have to wait a little for the S/C now...