2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

when to jump ship

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/04, 03:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered 11/13, I'm still in the same boat. I'm not even sure the dealer's ordered it yet. He's supposed to fax my DORA to me on Tues. But no VIN, build date, etc yet. I'm 3rd down on the list now and he's telling me my ETA's late Feb. I can wait though, I've already got 3 cars for just my wife and I. One will be traded with the arrival of the new GT.
Old 12/11/04, 04:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry guys ,didn't mean to depress anyone on there new orders ,but I was told when I ordered that I would be lucky to see my serial number by Christmas .
The only other thing I can think of that got me my vin early is that the dealer I ordered from ...has no other custom orders for mustang .....I'm the first one .
Old 12/11/04, 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our allocations of GT Mustangs continue to be much smaller than hoped for. I believe this may be the case elsewhere. This may be the reason your dealers are having trouble filling your orders.
V6 Mustangs are more available. Our last two allocations, December and January production, we were allocated 9 V6s and NO GT's.
We sell about 8 Mustangs a month to give you and idea of our volume.
Old 12/11/04, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Mike McRann@December 11, 2004, 1:39 PM
When I ordered my car on 10/20 I wasn't given a delivery date, only that it would be 6 weeks. When I picked up my VIN and DORA on 11/4 I was told the car had a 10/27 build date, but when I checked with customer service they told me my car was on a Temporary Delay in Production, and the car remained in that status until the end of November when I got a build date week of 12/13.
Interesting that your dates parallel mine almost exactly - I ordered on 10/20, with a quoted delivery time of 6 weeks. I also got my VIN on 11/4, an ETA of 12-8, then temp delays that pushed the build week to 12-13. The dealer called yesterday and said he now has an ETA of 12/28.

I'll still be surprised if it shows up before the end of the year....
Old 12/11/04, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by John+December 11, 2004, 8:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (John @ December 11, 2004, 8:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike McRann@December 11, 2004, 1:39 PM
When I ordered my car on 10/20 I wasn't given a delivery date, only that it would be 6 weeks. When I picked up my VIN and DORA on 11/4 I was told the car had a 10/27 build date, but when I checked with customer service they told me my car was on a Temporary Delay in Production, and the car remained in that status until the end of November when I got a build date week of 12/13.
Interesting that your dates parallel mine almost exactly - I ordered on 10/20, with a quoted delivery time of 6 weeks. I also got my VIN on 11/4, an ETA of 12-8, then temp delays that pushed the build week to 12-13. The dealer called yesterday and said he now has an ETA of 12/28.

I'll still be surprised if it shows up before the end of the year.... [/b][/quote]
The last time I checked my car is being built sometime next week with arrival to the dealer week of December 31.
Since the 31st is on a Friday I wonder if the car will arrive somewhere between Monday the 27th and Friday the 31st
Old 12/11/04, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by Mike McRann+December 11, 2004, 9:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike McRann @ December 11, 2004, 9:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by John@December 11, 2004, 8:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike McRann
@December 11, 2004, 1:39 PM

I'll still be surprised if it shows up before the end of the year....
The last time I checked my car is being built sometime next week with arrival to the dealer week of December 31.
Since the 31st is on a Friday I wonder if the car will arrive somewhere between Monday the 27th and Friday the 31st[/b][/quote]
Since all the other dates seem to match up, I guess it's reasonable to assume yours would have a delivery date of 12/31. If our cars are on the same train, and mine's dropped off in Texas on 12/28, then another 2-3 days transit to CA seems reasonable.

I get antsy waiting for my coffee to brew in the mornings. This is killing me.
Old 12/11/04, 08:59 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by glevy@December 11, 2004, 3:12 PM
Man, this is a real depressing thread (even more so to those of us who haven't even ordered yet).

Best of luck to you.
IM SCARED to order now. cuz once march hits im gonna NEEEEED a new car and im ordering in january
Old 12/11/04, 09:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why did you put a $1,000 deposit down, I didn't have to put anything down when I ordered.
Old 12/11/04, 10:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BEK355@December 11, 2004, 6:30 PM
Our allocations of GT Mustangs continue to be much smaller than hoped for. I believe this may be the case elsewhere. This may be the reason your dealers are having trouble filling your orders.
V6 Mustangs are more available. Our last two allocations, December and January production, we were allocated 9 V6s and NO GT's.
We sell about 8 Mustangs a month to give you and idea of our volume.
If this is the case with my dealer, I would be much more understanding if they would tell me this instead of making me think my car will be pulled next. Thanks for that insight BEK.
Old 12/11/04, 10:40 PM

the club is getting bigger i placed my order on 10/25 and i dont have a DORA vin or anything i called my dealer yesterday and they told me that my car was on a material hold so today i called FORD to try and find out what kind of hold....notta they realy cant tell me alot till i get my vin. When i talk to my dealer they tell me that i may be lucky if i see my car by mid to late February. I asked my dealership about the allotment and they tell me they are fine. My order
Black GT , auto, shaker 1000, side air bags, IUP
Old 12/12/04, 12:58 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

MikeMcRann,

Your dealers are lying through thier stinking teeth. I got my 05 GT at XPlan, and I know SEVERAL others here in Cali who did as well.

If you dont mind about an hour and a half drive, go and see my sales guy, his name is Daniel Hernandez, and he is the Fleet Manager at Santa Margarita Ford in Rancho Santa Margarita. He will HAPPILY sell you a Stang at XPlan. They actually might have a GT or two at this point as well. I do know that its the only dealership in OC that is not marking up over MSRP.
Old 12/12/04, 02:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

You wanna know what really stinks. I ordered 9/22 & was put into Ford's Expodite Order System. My GM has called MI, his Ford rep from MI, & the guy who orders the cars has talked to MI like once a week & I know more than they do from this site. The guy who orders the cars gets a print out everyday & his print out showed my car on hold for IUP. Well the computer system the GM looks at still shows clean, unscheduled.

I called Fri & told him that I had heard from this site that the holds on the V6 premium's was being lifted. And that with all the priority that mine has on it it should have been one of the 1st pulled. Yet neither of the guys I have talked to know nothing. ALL I have is an order number.

I am about thisclose to actually taking a road trip to MI myself. And belive me when I say that if I have to do that then someone, besides me, is not going to be too happy.

In fact, I say that we all get together & take a trip to the Ford plant & hold alittle outdoor q&a conference, like the commercials. Anyway. Sorry for the long rant. Good luck to everyone who is tired of waiting.

Cheersmates
Old 12/12/04, 04:44 AM

Hey guys, sorry to hear about your long delays. can someone please tell me what DORA means?? Date of .... assembly???
thanks, Paul
Old 12/12/04, 05:09 AM
Bullitt Member

I am finally getting something, so hang in there guys. When I ordered they told me 6-8 weeks. I ordered 10/19 and didnt have NOTHING until 12/9. It said it was "serialized awaiting schedule date and ETA". Then I called again saturday, and it still said as of 12/9, but it gave me a build date of "the week of 3 Jan". YES!

I also ordered XPlan. I also sold my primary car faster than I anticipated. But we do have other vehicles to drive.

Its funny, when I do Inventory searches all over the state of Florida, MOST of everything it shows are V6's, hardly any GT's.

I ordered Legend Lime GT Premium, IUP, active anti theft, 17" bright wheels.

btw, DORA = Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

Also, the dealer told me he only still has a partial VIN. That cant be true is it? I thought you get a full VIN when you get a build date.

And, is it reasonable to expect delivery about 2 weeks after the build date?
Old 12/12/04, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by porkster@December 12, 2004, 7:12 AM
I am finally getting something, so hang in there guys. When I ordered they told me 6-8 weeks. I ordered 10/19 and didnt have NOTHING until 12/9. It said it was "serialized awaiting schedule date and ETA". Then I called again saturday, and it still said as of 12/9, but it gave me a build date of "the week of 3 Jan". YES!

I also ordered XPlan. I also sold my primary car faster than I anticipated. But we do have other vehicles to drive.

Its funny, when I do Inventory searches all over the state of Florida, MOST of everything it shows are V6's, hardly any GT's.

I ordered Legend Lime GT Premium, IUP, active anti theft, 17" bright wheels.

btw, DORA = Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

Also, the dealer told me he only still has a partial VIN. That cant be true is it? I thought you get a full VIN when you get a build date.

And, is it reasonable to expect delivery about 2 weeks after the build date?
Yes, you should have a full vin. And yes, 2 weeks after build is possible for delivery.
Old 12/13/04, 11:16 AM
V6 Member

Anybody know when the January schedule is filled up?
I've pretty much decided that if I don't get a January build date, I'll need to bail on my order.
Old 12/13/04, 12:32 PM

I would suggest you just stay on your dealer. We ordered 11/6. A few weeks later the dealer didn't know anything. I called them on 12/4 and was told it was scheduled for delivery on 12/13. Not believing that my husband drove to the dealer on 12/6 and found out they were mistaken with the 12/13 and still didn't know anything.

The dealer called on 12/10 and had the VIN. Called Ford the same day and was told the status was "last maintained on 12/9". We were told that means it was being built. I just got off the phone with Ford and was told the car was built the week of 12/6 but due to the high volumn being built it's estimated ship week is Jan 10-17. The guy said that could easily change and to call back in a week to see if the shipping date is set or still just estimated.

So, we know the car is built and we NEVER got the DORA. We got the VIN late in the week the car was being built. Stay on your dealers backside for the info, it seems some are more aggressive in getting the info for their customers. Once you get the VIN, stick with Ford Customer Service for your answers. You actually get them.

As stated above, ordered 11/6, built week of 12/6, priority 10 and top of the dealer allocation.
Old 12/13/04, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kat36@December 13, 2004, 1:35 PM
I would suggest you just stay on your dealer. We ordered 11/6. A few weeks later the dealer didn't know anything. I called them on 12/4 and was told it was scheduled for delivery on 12/13. Not believing that my husband drove to the dealer on 12/6 and found out they were mistaken with the 12/13 and still didn't know anything.

The dealer called on 12/10 and had the VIN. Called Ford the same day and was told the status was "last maintained on 12/9". We were told that means it was being built. I just got off the phone with Ford and was told the car was built the week of 12/6 but due to the high volumn being built it's estimated ship week is Jan 10-17. The guy said that could easily change and to call back in a week to see if the shipping date is set or still just estimated.

So, we know the car is built and we NEVER got the DORA. We got the VIN late in the week the car was being built. Stay on your dealers backside for the info, it seems some are more agressive in getting the info for their customers. Once you get the VIN, stick with Ford Customer Service for your answers. You actually get them.

As stated above, ordered 11/6, priority 10 and top of the dealer allocation.
I must agree with you, my dealer knew nothing more about my car other than the VIN number, i have been using the customer serive line for all my questions concerning when i should be seeing my Ruby, I don't think its worth driving yourself mad asking the dealer and HOPING the information they give you is right when you can call FORD and have them tell you. Its just alot less hassle if you ask me.
Old 12/13/04, 01:04 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Just to give a lot of people some hope around here, it took forever for my car to be built. However, I was told it would arrive 2 weeks after the build date. The car arrived 3 days after the build date
Old 12/13/04, 03:32 PM
Queen Of Nascar

and my car stayed shipped to convoy forever....Good Luck to all you waiting.

Quick Reply: when to jump ship