Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what i just realized,

Mustang Enthusiasts are the SNOTTIEST people there are.....downright RUDE

You people should work on your manners!
Old 8/10/05, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by silverbull271@August 9, 2005, 11:03 PM
I will say it again.........IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL
OK
Old 8/10/05, 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by silverbull271@August 10, 2005, 6:42 PM
Keep in mind guys, i am a LOYAL Ford buyer, i have purchased 6 new fords since 2000

These jerks want over sticker....UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me want to go out and buy me a Corvette, i can for the price they want for a GT vert.....33K plus 6K.......about 40K.......come on guys, i have NEVER in my life heard of such poo
I have a black auto GT coupe in stock and an 06 red GT vert stick being built this week. MSRP for either

EDIT: Silverbull271 bypassing filters
Old 8/10/05, 08:06 PM
V6 Member

The first dealers I went to were the same way, over sticker. Look on ebay for some dealers auctioning 05 GT's with a buy it now price of 3-4K over MSRP!
There are ways to get GREAT deals on these but you have to search and read. You might have to travel 125 miles like I'm gonna do but I got a deal that I am happy with and just found out my order will be pulled this Thu. Soon I to will get the nanner!!!
Old 8/10/05, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Pitch Black@August 10, 2005, 7:17 PM
From what i've heard. I heard a rumor that the after the X-Plan went off the Markups would happen hard an quick..
An not to mention it is the Hottest car on the roads and everyone loves it, so they are gonna milk the nation for what they can get.
x-plans are still available. I have 4 sold x-plan 06 orders coming
Old 8/10/05, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 10, 2005, 8:08 PM
I have a black auto GT coupe in stock and an 06 red GT vert stick being built this week. MSRP for either

I would love to purchase one from you....but i see you are in IL, im all the way east in NJ

What do you suggest?
Old 8/10/05, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

Sounds like a road trip to me. I lived in Cali when I bought my 89 GT vert in IL. Picked it up on Memorial day weekend and had an awesome drive (except for the fields of Iowa & Nebraska) back.
Old 8/10/05, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey silverybull271, simmer down. I sent you a PM (Private Message) with two delaerships that may be able to help you get your '05 ('06) probably below MSRP.
Old 8/11/05, 12:06 AM

An not to mention it is the Hottest car on the roads and everyone loves it.

I agree, some dealers are crooks and others are decent. Here in Los Angeles there are quite a few with 2/3K over MSRP. They are in my black list.
As far as the hottest car on the roads I would have to disagree, where are they? I barely see one or two on the freeways. I think it's more hype than anything else.
BTW, found a small Ford dealer, put me first on the list for a Shelby-Cobra at MSRP.
Old 8/11/05, 12:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by silverbull271@August 10, 2005, 8:57 PM
You know what i just realized,

Mustang Enthusiasts are the SNOTTIEST people there are.....downright RUDE

You people should work on your manners!

we are snotty?!? you come in here ranting about how greedy the dealers are bypassing language filters, then when one gives you advice on not bypassing said language filters you state "I dont care" also that you will go buy a vette and also insult those who pay over sticker etc.......umm you have kind of set your self up for insults and rude comments!!!! Sorry but you need to take a cold shower or go hit a punching bag----RELAX!!! remember nothing good comes easy!!!

and as of right now if I remember correctly there was around 5300 unfilled 05 orders, so if all those rollover to 06 the price will continue to be marked up, and then how many 06 units will be unfilled? so that if that happens in 07 i dont see rebates etc on the Mustang GT...but thats just my view of things.......
Old 8/11/05, 01:18 AM
V6 Member

Wow. I'm pretty much 100% brand new here, and I have more sense than to act like silver.

Here's a hint: More flies with honey than vinegar.
Old 8/11/05, 01:26 AM
V6 Member

Dude, if you were the car dealership, why wouldn't you make as much profit as you can? If someone will pay 3K over sticker....why not sell it for that? Heck, if I am the dealer, I'd mark it 50K over sticker if someone will pay it. Likewise...if no one bought it for sticker, then you mark it below. If I am selling ice cream, and people will pay $3 for a chipwich, instead of $2.50, I'd charge it. Thats why people are in business...to make money
Old 8/11/05, 02:03 AM
FR500 Member

And let's not forget another dealer practice that I'm sure some dealers employ, and I've seen nobody mention yet.

The Mustang will drive foot traffic to the dealership. It pays dividends to keep them on the lot as long as they can.

How can they keep them around? By raising the price with a market adjustment.

You see, there aren't that many people actually paying these prices. Dealers use this as a tool to sell other models that may be their bread and butter.

I know that not all Dealers deal this way or take that point of view, but I'm sure some do!
Old 8/11/05, 03:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Silver, with all due respect. You have asked for every response you have gotten here. I have visited probably 10 or 12 different car enthusiast sites on a regular basis.
This is by far the most friendly and courteous out there. The people here are knowledgeable, professional, and downright friendly. The one thing they won't put up with is someone sidetracking the rules or endlessly slamming people.

Having said that. If you lurk around long enough, I guarantee someone will help you get a decent price. This is a tight community. I would hate to see you alienate yourself and lose out on that opportunity.
Old 8/11/05, 03:37 AM

I see where silverbull271 is comming from.. I had to deal with dealer bs and games like most people here and I was steamed. silverbull271 came here to tell his story and maybe get some hint.. I dont think he came here to cut someoen down or cuz like a mad man.. he was venting and warnning him to watch their laungage when the filter is gonig to block it anyway seem just a little too much like a tap on the hand. I dont think a sinceable(sp) mod would really take offence to that... thats my 2 Cents
Old 8/11/05, 03:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I PMed him with two dealerships I can recommend, since silver lives in the same area I do. Hopefully he'll check his PMs, lol.
Old 8/11/05, 04:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Silver, a little more research and you'll get a good deal. Everyone on Brad's site is on your side. These are good people...there are other sites where people slam each other constantly, that's why I only use this site. It shocked me to see your responses! Everything will be A-OK!
Old 8/11/05, 06:34 AM
V6 Member

It would seem to me that many of us are toooooooooo nice. He slammed Mustangs and more importantly us(mustang owners), He stated that he was going over to GM because of the ordeal. I say fine....go If there's one thing that we can learn from the French(although rare) its that appeasement doesn't work. I don't think anyone should help him after his childish display of anger. Ok, Granted... the french still haven't learned this lesson. This guy comes in here shooting off his mouth at anything that moves and then has the audacity to call us snotty? I personally don't care to see him post here anymore, and I don't think many of you do either. If you help him find a dealer that will work with him, he may stick around and stir evryone up again. Let him go cry to GM about the harsh treatment he received on mustang forums.
Old 8/11/05, 11:09 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Funny, Silver has been around for a year... earlier this year he talked about how he had an 05, now he is complaining about not being able to get one?

Hmmm, must investigate more.

Thanks everyone for keeping a cool head, and not giving this guy a thrashing. The membership here is TOP NOTCH

Oh, for Silver... I got my car for $84 over invoice. GT with just about everything, for around $26k. Yes, I saw those dealerships price gouging, I just make sure not to purchase from them. All it takes is some patience, and some research.
Old 8/11/05, 11:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Where in NJ do you live? PM me....

Quick Reply: Whats up with these dealerships?