Whats going on?

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/05, 03:49 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX@September 12, 2005, 4:55 PM
And on the topic...

94tbird,

Did the V6s have the body side molding? If so, unless they're Canadian cars, thats a rental indicator.
Its true that the side moldings are only available via the factory for fleet sales. I purchased them for about $55+ tax via a dealer parts order for my 05 black beauty. I had the dealer install them, then the car got another (yet, another?!??) wash and coat of wax so the molding would match the high-gloss well-waxed exterior of the black clearcoat. They look great on the car and not 'tacked on'. I also ordered my car w/ all the toys (Premium w/ Chrome spinner wheels/IUP/ICAP/ESAP w/ tape stripes removed/shaker 1K) but still got the 5 speed manual transmission. As such, this car will never be confused w/ a Hertz fleet model. Cars like this seem to attract grocery carts like magnets, even though I park way in the back & walk a 1/4 mile to keep my car safe. The moldings give me the extra piece of mind I need w/ black clearcoat. Plus, I got to put another coat of wax on. Oh yea, I also got to put another round of leather treatment on the IUP red interior -- which somehow made the whole extra coat of exterior wax worth it LOL!
Old 9/13/05, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by esorense@September 13, 2005, 4:52 PM
Its true that the side moldings are only available via the factory for fleet sales. I purchased them for about $55+ tax via a dealer parts order for my 05 black beauty. I had the dealer install them, then the car got another (yet, another?!??) wash and coat of wax so the molding would match the high-gloss well-waxed exterior of the black clearcoat. They look great on the car and not 'tacked on'. I also ordered my car w/ all the toys (Premium w/ Chrome spinner wheels/IUP/ICAP/ESAP w/ tape stripes removed/shaker 1K) but still got the 5 speed manual transmission. As such, this car will never be confused w/ a Hertz fleet model. Cars like this seem to attract grocery carts like magnets, even though I park way in the back & walk a 1/4 mile to keep my car safe. The moldings give me the extra piece of mind I need w/ black clearcoat. Plus, I got to put another coat of wax on. Oh yea, I also got to put another round of leather treatment on the IUP red interior -- which somehow made the whole extra coat of exterior wax worth it LOL!
I've seen some with bodyside mouldings and just can't bring myself to like them. They don't look right to me. Maybe it's where they've been installed on the door; dead center down the middle. Did your dealer do them differently? I'm curious. I don't plan on installing them, regardless. I'll just keep parking where others don't, and if I need to go to a store, take my wife's car.

I just looove my six!
Old 9/13/05, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never seen the point of the body side moldings. What's the point in keeping your car from getting scratched if you have to have this ugly thing o the side of your car that breaks up the lines of the car? Also, if something bumps into the molding and it gets scratched, you will still have a scratch on your car.
Old 9/13/05, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jsheehan@September 13, 2005, 8:22 PM
I've never seen the point of the body side moldings. What's the point in keeping your car from getting scratched if you have to have this ugly thing o the side of your car that breaks up the lines of the car? Also, if something bumps into the molding and it gets scratched, you will still have a scratch on your car.
Better yet, whenever something bumps the car, it seems the bumper strips always come out unscathed. The dent is always just above or below. :scratch:
Old 9/14/05, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by yur1279@September 11, 2005, 2:56 AM
dude, how are you 17 and can afford a GT with those mods, while beeing in college full time???

Works for a living?

Buddy's son goes to school full time AND works 2nd shift at local printing plant....ordered his 06 GT 3 weeks ago....Never underestimate the power of a GT to make you work your hiney off...

Jay
Old 9/14/05, 10:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Lime05owner@September 14, 2005, 10:04 AM
Works for a living?

Buddy's son goes to school full time AND works 2nd shift at local printing plant....ordered his 06 GT 3 weeks ago....Never underestimate the power of a GT to make you work your hiney off...

Jay
his parents got it for him, he is def. a lucky kid. I know how tough it is as well, I'm in grad school full time and working 2 jobs just to pay for my car, college and bills and I have no regrets.
Old 9/24/05, 10:31 PM

Hertz car rental had over a thousand. They only had the v-6 model