2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What Your 05 Says About YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/04, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 7, 2004, 12:40 AM
67fastback, I disagree that Mustang is not unique. With the infinite ways to customize it, it allows the owner to really be unique and individual, the way no other sports car, or any other vehicle can for that matter.

I think you missed my point - I never said that the mustang is not unique. I agree that it is unique, which by definition, is the only one of its kind - it now is, with the demise of the Camaro/Firebird, the only one of its kind.

What I was trying to say is that if you own a mustang, you are not unique, because Ford sells so many of them (ironically, because they are unique), but driving one does not make you unique, but in fact makes you common, since they are so popular.

Finally, customization certainly can make an ordinary mustang unique, but my feeling is that the more it is customized by the individual, the more it is something other than a mustang - not that there is anything wrong with that. That is why, in general, the mustangs that are all original fetch the highest amount on the auction block - they are unique because their owners have have chosen to keep them in original condition.