Search this Thread

Old 11/20/07, 05:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say everyone shoot them a complaint, and take them off the vendor list
Old 11/20/07, 05:36 AM
Cobra R Member

was looking to buy a hood. trufiber didnt make anything i was interested in but i keep waiting for new designs because i heard their products are great. now they just wont get my money.
Old 11/20/07, 05:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wont be getting mine either :thumbsdown:
Old 11/20/07, 06:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I was going to get a trufiber hood but not after this, I won't chance it. What's up with there banners saying "Show Quality Fitment Guarantee".
Old 11/20/07, 09:06 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by GAGT
I was going to get a trufiber hood but not after this, I won't chance it. What's up with there banners saying "Show Quality Fitment Guarantee".

Hey there,

Don’t have an opinion one way or the other on TruFiber at this point. Was just at a show on Sunday with our shop car. There was an S197 at the show with TruFiber on the window banner, and a TruFiber hood. Fitment on this particular hood was exceptional. Possibility that this one hood was a poor build?

That doesn’t explain the attitude on returning the existing hood.

Good luck on this one – hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Page
Old 11/20/07, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Hey there,

Don’t have an opinion one way or the other on TruFiber at this point. Was just at a show on Sunday with our shop car. There was an S197 at the show with TruFiber on the window banner, and a TruFiber hood. Fitment on this particular hood was exceptional. Possibility that this one hood was a poor build?

That doesn’t explain the attitude on returning the existing hood.

Good luck on this one – hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Page
If they do resolve this issue I will feel a whole lot better about buying from them, if they don't that means i could get stuck with a hood that don't fit too.
Old 11/20/07, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

"That was easy" as he scratches TruFiber off of his "places to buy from" list..
Old 11/20/07, 10:40 AM
Queen Of Nascar

That sucks!! I've seen your car in person at Mustang Week and it is most definitely show quality. Your detailing was meticulous. I hope they make this right for you.
Old 11/20/07, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say call the bank and contact administration about this vendor ASAP.
Old 11/21/07, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donna
That sucks!! I've seen your car in person at Mustang Week and it is most definitely show quality. Your detailing was meticulous. I hope they make this right for you.

Thanks Donna, As of now they have not. I have to eat the shipping but will get my money back on the hood. If I want another hood it will NOT have warranty. So I could Have $700 plus in a Sled for the kids if the next one is bowed or damaged. So I cut my losses and called Cervini. Told them what I went thru and they found me one of their hoods. That vender even let me have the Cervini hood for the same price as the TF hood. It will all be good. Just wish I could have gotten a little better taken care of for all I was going to do for them.
Old 11/21/07, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Va Stang
Thanks Donna, As of now they have not. I have to eat the shipping but will get my money back on the hood. If I want another hood it will NOT have warranty.
So am I understanding you right that if you choose to get a hood to replace the defective hood instead of a refund that you have to pay another $125 in shipping and there is no warranty on the replacement?

The shipping is bad enough. But what is their reasoning for no warranty? That's just crazy, and seriously seriously bad business practice.
Old 11/21/07, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
So am I understanding you right that if you choose to get a hood to replace the defective hood instead of a refund that you have to pay another $125 in shipping and there is no warranty on the replacement?

The shipping is bad enough. But what is their reasoning for no warranty? That's just crazy, and seriously seriously bad business practice.

.. The Best they said they could do was cover half the shipping on the second one and still no warranty on hoods for my car. But I was still out the shipping from the first one also. So I moved on. I just wanted a hood and for it to fit...Thats all.
Old 11/21/07, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Cool

Well I won't be getting junk from trufiber either.
I was about to order a hood from them...scratched them off.
Old 11/21/07, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Same story on different forums...I read Fasttoy respond to your post and you already got your refund on the hood. If you want another hood, all you have to pay is $40 for the shipping and the cost for that hood.

I believed Trufiber paid for the returned shipping and they test fitted the hood w/o issue. They later sold that hood. I guess they dont warranty on the second hood maybe they fear that wont satisfy you and they have to eat another return shipping. I know I wouldnt...I would just refund your money and ask you to get it somewhere else....

I dont back Trufiber or Fasttoy, jst annoy with the whining...You are getting a Cervinis hood and happy with it...lets move on...
Old 11/22/07, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by 5150PONY
Same story on different forums...I read Fasttoy respond to your post and you already got your refund on the hood. If you want another hood, all you have to pay is $40 for the shipping and the cost for that hood.

I believed Trufiber paid for the returned shipping and they test fitted the hood w/o issue. They later sold that hood. I guess they dont warranty on the second hood maybe they fear that wont satisfy you and they have to eat another return shipping. I know I wouldnt...I would just refund your money and ask you to get it somewhere else....

I dont back Trufiber or Fasttoy, jst annoy with the whining...You are getting a Cervinis hood and happy with it...lets move on...
There is more to it than that. ..But,.. by all the post you (5150 pony) have made it looks like you are buds with T.F. I f you don't want to Read this then next time keep scrolling down a little farther then push the left click on your mouse. It will take you to a different post than this one. OK
Old 11/22/07, 06:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well my hood is on and fit was very good. But that should be with all there hoods and if yours isnt, which is obvious, they should make it right. There going to lose alot of bussiness over this thread if nothings done. Whose going to want to deal with a company who preaches show quality and fitment and then wont stand behind that.

Old 11/22/07, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was buying a hood this winter for my car....Trufiber; not a chance in H@!! I would buy one of your hoods after hearing this.

5050-- If they would stand behind their crap product they would warranty ANY hood they sell. And you said all he had to do is pay 40 shipping and the cost of the hood...But WITH NO WARRENTY. Like anyone here would do that after the first one fit like crap.

Personally I would file a claim with the BBB in the town they are located and then go to my bank and get every friggen cent back.
Old 11/22/07, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5150PONY
So he is supposed to get another hood that also has has no guarantee against defects? Yeah sureeeeeeeeeee.......

Some of us like to be informed of problems with bad vendors/manufacturers. You might have money to burn and won't miss a few hundred dollars, but not all of us like to throw money away like you. If you don't want to be warned about a buying hazard then click out of here and stop trolling this mans thread.
Old 11/22/07, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I appreciate the fact that he informed us of his issue. But I have read the respond from the seller (Fasttoy) and it seem to me they tried to work things out but either which way, he isnt going to be happy with the solution. The Moderators on MF closed (VAstang) posts after Fasttoy respond.

Well....I guess it's all about the "he said, she said."...

I have too much time free time at work..... ....
Old 11/22/07, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Va Stang
There is more to it than that. ..But,.. by all the post you (5150 pony) have made it looks like you are buds with T.F. I f you don't want to Read this then next time keep scrolling down a little farther then push the left click on your mouse. It will take you to a different post than this one. OK

Well, my view of this issue is different from others doesnt mean I am their buds. I just dont jump on the bandwagon. Anyway, I dont see why you should have to go through all the headache when Fasttoy could just send you a hood and then Fasttoy can work it out with TF. You shouldnt have to.

e.g If I bought a Mustang GT from a dealer and it's a lemon, I dont take it to Ford. I take it back to the dealer have solve the problem. Seem to me like Fasttoy drop the ball and kiss it off.

Quick Reply: What would you do.. I bought a new