Sponsored by:

What makes your S197 unique?

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/12, 04:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
What's unique about mine? Most everything

Check out my garage for a list of everything I've done.
i love the red line tires, and the carbon manifold!!!

Originally Posted by Dbranham
Love these cars but wouldn't trade my 96 for one. Would take one of each any day
i feel the same way about my car and all the other nice mustangs!! thanks for the idea of the unique thread!!
Old 8/7/12, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Where to begin on mine?

4.0L V6 upgraded from 210HP to 380HP courtesy of Xcharger Xtreme

Front end slightly reworked from stock '05 V6:

Back end also slightly modified:

A few tweaks under the hood:

A fairly unique thing even for cars with the Saleen PJ/Gurney/Heritage rear bumper added, is that I did the matching two tone rockers as well:

And inside:

Not quite done, but even a six speed going in:

Oh, and it's a 2005 in mint condition with 60K of fun on the odometer (alright, the underside isn't exactly mint, but this pony roams)

All mod work (except a bit of paint) done by yours truly (no wonder I feel sorta tired)
wow...your car is incredible! As a fellow V6 owner this is quite inspiring
Old 8/7/12, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Just wanna see some unique things about yall's later model mustangs.
My v6 is the only one near me I've seen with the CS styled GT front bumper w/my black painted pillars & BUllitt grille!
Looks great!
Old 8/7/12, 05:10 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 05PRMTX

Looks great!
Thanks Steve
Old 8/7/12, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05PRMTX
wow...your car is incredible! As a fellow V6 owner this is quite inspiring
Thank you
Old 8/8/12, 03:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I've seen Torch_Vert's car in person at the LMMC spring cruise, trust me, pictures dont do it justice.
Old 8/8/12, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
WMS intake that you don't see too often:
Looks good, man. I'd been eyeing that for like 2 years and was finally about to buy it and then I suddenly traded in. Now I'm looking at their 11+ version, but theyre not as perty.

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Hey I know that lot, though I'm not sure I was technically on the cruise, considering I never found either half of the group. Good times.
Old 8/8/12, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06 Screamer
Guys, I've seen Torch_Vert's car in person at the LMMC spring cruise, trust me, pictures dont do it justice.
Thanks Sal, I really appreciate that.

I was a big fan of this ride at the cruise myself (you can't ever really go wrong with Screamin' Yellow and black trim, and the wheels are just perfect )

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 8/8/12 at 09:09 PM.
Old 8/8/12, 09:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the most unique thing about mine is that its the only one Ive seen where you can roll the windows down with the remote and roll them up and down with the key in the door lock. Second to that is my A3R side stripes and shift ball.

Old 8/9/12, 09:25 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ETNOATS
I think the most unique thing about mine is that its the only one Ive seen where you can roll the windows down with the remote and roll them up and down with the key in the door lock. Second to that is my A3R side stripes and shift ball.
That looks super cleeeeean
Old 8/9/12, 10:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Imatk
My car started as an '06 GT.

I began small with a C&L CAI and a tune from Brenspeed.

I hooked up with Chicane sport tuning in Torrance about two weeks after I took delivery of the Mustang. After a lot of research and visiting several shops I knew that Joe Gosinski was the kind of person I could trust with my car.

Over two years we became friends and I often went down to the shop and just hung out for the day and sometimes lent a hand with projects.

Joe and I came up with a concept for my car slowly. It started with a CDC ducktail spoiler.

After that I knew I wanted to make my car different from the rest so I looked at several body kits and finally decided on the Street Scene kit. I felt it looked relatively stock and gave the car just a little something extra.

Then we started looking at wheels. And finally came up with the Ford GT wheel. I picked the Stoptech brakes Joe thought the Brembo's were a better choice but we didn't always agree on everything

I liked the Stoptech because it was used on the Roush and Saleen Mustangs and thought it was a better fit than the Brembos... in any case there you have it.

Soon after I added a Saleen aluminum hood. We looked at other aftermarket hoods, but I wanted to stay away from fiberglass.

After the hood I knew I needed more power so Joe and I decided on the Saleen supercharger.

After he put the blower in, the car was a whole new beast.

My car stayed that way for a long while, actually for the rest of the time I lived in Los Angeles. Then I moved to Texas and after trying to get Joe to have some Chicane badges made up he finally did it about a year later and sent me a badge in the mail, which was a really nice surprise.

Not long after that I got greedy and upped the boost on my car. Two weeks later I fried the clutch and three clutches later I bent a valve and that was that.

I found a good deal on a GT500 engine and pulled the trigger.

What came next was a complete GT500 drivetrain... exhaust, 6-speed transmission, etc.

I also replaced the factory seats with GT500 seats, replaced the gauges with the GT500 gauges and also replaced the steering wheel with the GT500 steering wheel and added the 2012 GT500 PP suspension.

Shortly after my GT's transformation with the GT500 drivetrain, my friend Joe was killed in his shop on Christmas eve.

I never got to show him my car with the new engine. I never got to talk to him about what might come next. I can't call him to say "hi" anymore, and whoever killed him is still out there unpunished for his murder.

I'm now waiting for my new TVS supercharger to arrive back from polishing to install. I'm also going to be adding custom sill plates that denote the car as a Chicane-built car. It will have Joe's Chicane logo and my name next to his emblem... I think he would like that.

Here are some pictures of the car from start to finish.
And here is his reward fund if anyone would like to donate to help find his killer.

http://bcmcmustang.homestead.com/SC4.html
Great story and great car. I've always wondered about that kind of wheels. Are they actually from a ford gt? And if so are they available in 20"? If not are they the gt4 wheel?

Btw great thread. Some really awesome cars on here
Old 8/9/12, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Great story and great car. I've always wondered about that kind of wheels. Are they actually from a ford gt? And if so are they available in 20"? If not are they the gt4 wheel?

Btw great thread. Some really awesome cars on here
Thanks man.

They are from a Ford GT. They are available in a 19" but the offset and width are too wide for the mustang.

It may be possible to fit a 19 by modifying the suspension or rolling the fenders, but I'm not sure.

There are other manufacturers that make a replica wheel that may have what you're looking for, but the weight will likely be higher since they may or may not be forged.
Old 8/9/12, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks man.

They are from a Ford GT. They are available in a 19" but the offset and width are too wide for the mustang.

It may be possible to fit a 19 by modifying the suspension or rolling the fenders, but I'm not sure.

There are other manufacturers that make a replica wheel that may have what you're looking for, but the weight will likely be higher since they may or may not be forged.
Haha well how do they fit on your car?
Old 8/9/12, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Haha well how do they fit on your car?
I have 18"s on my car.
Old 8/9/12, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

I have 18"s on my car.
I love those! How wide are they?
& how expensive are tires for 18s??
I really wanna upgrade to some.
Old 8/9/12, 09:14 PM
Cobra Member

I love those! How wide are they?
& how expensive are tires for 18s??
I really wanna upgrade to some.

They are 18x9

I think the last time I bought tires it was about 200 bucks or so a tire, but it's been a while so I'm not positive on the price.
Old 8/9/12, 09:21 PM
GTR Member

I've always been a fan of black wheels but I definitely think I'd rock some of those!
Old 8/9/12, 09:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Last edited by wheelman; 8/9/12 at 09:50 PM.
Old 8/9/12, 10:15 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
???!!
Old 8/10/12, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

???!!
Ha... I had this semi-long post about unique stuff Im doing to my 13 & realized this was 05-09 and wouldnt let me delete. Shoulda just left it but I hate misposting in somebodys thread.

Quick Reply: What makes your S197 unique?