The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   What makes your S197 unique? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/what-makes-your-s197-unique-512006/)

SilverSkoundrel 8/17/12 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jim010
Here's mine. The uniqueness is very subtle on my car.

Exterior wise, I did little. Just the Shelby spoiler ($99 including paint), the vinyl blackout on the back, chrome tail pipes, covers on the mirrors and the 18 inch polished Bullitts.

I have no mechanical mods (except a strut tower bar). The mods are mostly in the interior, and pretty hard to notice, as most is retrofitted. I have:

-Honda S2000 start button
-chromed Ford Fusion door grommets
-interior chrome door handles from Ford Taurus
-chromed bezel around auto shifter
-Ford Racing illuminated door sill Mustang script
-retrofitted Ford DVD headrests (I have sooo much more peace and quiet in the car now!!)
-retrofitted nav unit
-Bullitt steering wheel
-retrofitted ambient lighting
-one touch turn signals
-one touch rear windows
-blue gauge faces
-my own e-brake boot
-shelby e-brake handle
-retrofitted power passenger seat
-retrofitted heated seats
-interior has been changed from dove grey to charcoal black
-rear camera mirror (camera in the trunk keyhole)

I have everything to change the colour of the interior. The interior is now completely black, unlike the photos that still show the grey seats and carpet. Most of the parts are courtesy of KC.

I will say that the biggest pain was changing the entire dash, as the whole thing had to be pulled out.

Wow that's original. Keeping it in the ford family for a lot of those parts! That is a great set up!!

Originally Posted by mweeps
Mine is unique because it is mine! LOL Only thing I have done is change out stock bullitts for 18" Bullitts I bought for $400. All other mods see below.

Show off those Bullitts!!!

Originally Posted by DPHC13
NEW:

NOW:

Did the front end pillar black-outs and painted the bottom of the bumper to emulate a C/S. Not much, but I think it changes the front end just enough for me.

I did the same to my front bumper, I just have blacked lights!! Love it!!

DaGonz 8/17/12 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What makes my S197 unique?
This...
Attachment 206821

SilverSkoundrel 8/17/12 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by DaGonz
What makes my S197 unique?
This...

I'm on there but I'm so used to this website & it has an app so it's so much easier to get on

wjones14 8/18/12 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, this is a great thread with some AMAZING S197s! Especially love the black cars and the ones with black wheels... some things even are a bit too much for me but everything in this thread was interesting to look at. :salute:

Mine is basically stock, but while not really unique is fairly rare. The only years for the Screaming Yellow paint were 2005/06. And only 5% of the Mustangs were yellow in those years. When you narrow it down to manual GT coupes, now we're down to less than 1% of Mustangs produced - 1552 Screaming Yellow Mustang GT 5-speeds in 2005 to be exact (http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com).

So there are 1552 cars like mine to start with. And now 7 years later, well I'm sure we can assume that at least a few have bit the dust. :) And many more have met with incidents of every kind imaginable, no doubt.

All the while, mine is still looking like 2005 -- never a dent anwhere, never a parking lot ding, no paint fading from the sun -- just all factory paint as bright as ever. Throw in some minor mods: Hurst short shifter, Hawk brake pads, ATE Super Blue DOT4 brake fluid, synthetic fluids everywhere else, Pioneer speakers, and wider Kumho 255/50-17 tires... and I think the car is almost unique.

Here's a pic from the first day I laid eyes on her, still covered in grime from the rail delivery:

SilverSkoundrel 8/19/12 01:25 PM

Yellows a beautiful color! You ever think about tinting the windows?

wjones14 8/19/12 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 6421653)
Yellows a beautiful color! You ever think about tinting the windows?

After 7+ years living with Screaming Yellow, I still think there's nothing like it. It's definitely polarizing though when it comes to opinions - I have had folks tell me that it's stunning, and I have also had people say they hate it. :cool: It definitely stands out either way and it gets noticed.

Another thing about the yellow is that it's rather forgiving concerning dirt and blemishes - it hides them well.

As far as window tinting, no I have never really considered it. I like it on other cars, but I'm fine without it. I do like black wheels though! I love the black bullets on D'prived's car and also like any sinister looking matte black wheels. Black wheels make yellow Mustangs look like track cars.

SilverSkoundrel 8/19/12 09:21 PM

When you gonna get some black wheels?

GrayPony 8/19/12 10:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Another silver/black and another Xcharger.

Attachment 206741

Attachment 206742

Under the hood
Attachment 206743

Custom leather seat covers
Attachment 206744

SilverSkoundrel 8/19/12 10:42 PM

Nice! ^^^ is it a sixxer?

GrayPony 8/20/12 03:03 PM

Yes it's a 6'er

Torch_Vert 8/20/12 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by GrayPony (Post 6422640)
Yes it's a 6'er

And a darn good looking one! :beer:

My sixer just cleared one more uniqueness hurdle. Running a TR-6060 six speed transmission as of last night :steering:

SilverSkoundrel 8/20/12 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by GrayPony
Yes it's a 6'er

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert

My sixer just cleared one more uniqueness hurdle. Running a TR-6060 six speed transmission as of last night :steering:

Hell yah more points for the sixxer team!!!

& Paul what all did that take to put the tranny in there

Torch_Vert 8/20/12 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 6422776)
& Paul what all did that take to put the tranny in there

Too big a project to go into here without threadjacking.

I have a build thread here: http://mustangforums.com/forum/massa...6060-swap.html

SilverSkoundrel 8/20/12 07:21 PM

I'll have to check that out tomorrow, my eyes won't allow all that reading right now lol thanks for the link though!

05PRMTX 8/21/12 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert (Post 6422676)

Sweet! I can only imagine how awesome it is...

05PRMTX 8/21/12 11:21 AM

Very Nice! Man you guys are making me want an x-charger in the worst way....

Awesome liscence plate btw

Torch_Vert 8/21/12 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 05PRMTX (Post 6423443)
Very Nice! Man you guys are making me want an x-charger in the worst way....

Here's a 2 for 1 deal to throw some kerosene on those flames ;)

http://photos.torchvert.net/Car-Show...uise-090-L.jpg

SilverSkoundrel 8/21/12 09:57 PM

Anymore pics guys?

05PRMTX 8/22/12 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert (Post 6423459)
Here's a 2 for 1 deal to throw some kerosene on those flames ;)

http://photos.torchvert.net/Car-Show...uise-090-L.jpg

****......If I had the exta cash right now.....

SilverSkoundrel 8/22/12 11:48 AM

Yours would be a total sleeper too