2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What happened to the Ponydrive Sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/05, 02:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope this doesn't mean that the big announcement is that it's cancelled?

:bang:
Old 2/28/05, 02:49 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
They are running into problems with Ford.
Old 2/28/05, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just sittin' here waiting for someone else to ask the question. The PonyDrive website is wiped out. Not gone, just blank. There isn't even the ominous "Major Announcement Monday Evening" anymore. I wish Mr. Turnbull would have just not said anything at all, until he knew what the info was. I am sure that many are worried now. His site blank, and our sticky gone. What gives?
Old 2/28/05, 02:53 PM
V6 Member

Thanks... that's what I thought. Hope it works out, I am looking forward to getting my Gt that way.
Old 2/28/05, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm currently looking at a 2005 Sonic Blue Ranger FX level II w/ 4x4 and skid plates for $21,000 stickers at $26,800. I'll wait a few days to talk with some people to see what they think first.
ONLY if this does NOT work out. I WANT that GT. Yes I mean to yell. Sorry. :notnice:
Old 2/28/05, 03:31 PM

With the sticky removed and the site owner saying there are problems with Ford I think the fat lady is warming up in the corner.

I wonder if I'll get my $55.00 back if this is called off?
Old 2/28/05, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If we don't get our $55 back, and if the problem is us in the facility itself (doubtful), then maybe they would still be willing to offer us the x plan and leave us to find a dealer that would accept it. I would take that.
Old 2/28/05, 03:56 PM

The letter from Ford is up. Check www.ponydrive.us
Old 2/28/05, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

What bothers me is all this secrecy. If nothing was known for sure, why was an announcement made that Ford had until 5:00 pm today to "answer"? Shoulda just left it alone. It's after 5. I guess Ford doesn't like ultimatums. Why has the PonyDrive site been wiped clean? Why did Brad remove the sticky, and how did he know that there were problems with Ford? Something serious is going on here, but no one wants to say anything. I guess I can understand that, but I'd rather be kept apprised of ongoing events than kept in the dark.
I'm not too worried about the $55. Dave said earlier that anyone not wanting to continue on the PonyDrive after details were released were entitled to a full refund. I agree, though, that if this is cancelled Ford should go ahead and offer a one-time X-plan to those signed up. I would have ordered months ago if not for this event.
Old 2/28/05, 04:07 PM

The fat lady sang. It's a Ford problem.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the new Ford Mustang.

The Pony Drive letter does offer a refund on the $55, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 2/28/05, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by glevy@February 28, 2005, 5:59 PM
The letter from Ford is up. Check www.ponydrive.us
As best I can tell X plan was invoice plus a few hundred. Add the $300 the local dealer wanted plus air and hotel and I thought the cost would total invoice plus about $1000.

I've had an local offer of invoice plus $1000 if I ordered the a GT Convert, but now I've wasted two months. No regrets though, It would have been a great trip and experience.
Old 2/28/05, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

What a crock! I still love Mustangs, but Ford is run by idiots. You'd think they'd still offer X-plan, huh? They were right with us until last week, then told everyone where to go! I could have HAD my car by now if I hadn't been waiting for this event! Great car Ford, but you guys need a swift BAD FORM!! :notnice: :notnice:

Forgot to say it. Thanks Dave for all of your efforts in making this a great experience. It woulda been one to remember! I'm gonna look kinda silly, though, going on the PonyDrive in my S10 Chevy. They don't make an emoticon to express what I'm feeling.
Old 2/28/05, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey, if they still gave me X-Plan and promised I'd get my GT by the middle of June I'd order right now.
Old 2/28/05, 04:30 PM

That's a bummer...
I wonder when/if Ford will actually contact each of those that registered. I hope soon.

I think I'll be trolling the other dealerships and may end up buying something other than the new mustang.

Thanks David for the effort, would've been great.
Old 2/28/05, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Dave for all your efforts.
I am disappointed that this is not going to happen. I can't believe that Ford would want to miss out on a great marketing opportunity. I will still get a Mustang, but I can see that Ford does care about the enthusiast.
Old 2/28/05, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by backafter20@February 28, 2005, 5:06 PM
What bothers me is all this secrecy.... Why has the PonyDrive site been wiped clean? Why did Brad remove the sticky, and how did he know that there were problems with Ford? Something serious is going on here, but no one wants to say anything....
How about the fact that we sent our SS#'s, and phone #'s with our names?
Old 2/28/05, 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been really looking forward to this deal for a while, even saving my vacation time and holidays to make sure I would be able to make the pickup, and ride for a few days with the rest of the gang before heading home. I've even set up www.ponydrive.us as my home page on one of my computers so I'd see updated every time I opened up a new browser window. The wait today was killing me, and the final announcement is devastating.

Thanks to Dave for all his work, I'm sure we'll never know just how much he's done for this program. I might have to search for a dealer somewhere near the Ponydrive route anyway, and fly back there to pick up the car and join in. I'm going to be very interested to hear what they say if and when they call me about this.

Anyone know where I can get an X-Plan PIN? B)

Guess it's a good thing I haven't sold my S-Runner yet.

Jay
Still wanting an SB GT
Old 2/28/05, 06:26 PM
2&2
GT Member

I know how you feel Jayguy, I did the same, planning the vacation, getting the money lined up, talking to the local dealer about it, putting off ordering in Dec. and wondering how Dave was going to get it done, when we were hearing about all the bad stories other future 05' Stang owners are having getting the cars they ordered in Nov.
I felt this was the closest 05' there was to a Limited collector Mustang. Now I think I will NOT order a new 05' at all. After Ford pulled the rug out from Dave and lead him on. I really did want to become a late model owner, but now I can not see it happening. Hope Ford can do something to make me feel better about what happened.
And Dave, thanks for all the work and trouble you went through. See you in Kansas City, but right now I am thinking about driving the Vette.
Old 2/28/05, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

From my understanding of the issue.

From the start Ford did not say that this was a done deal. I believe they stated that they would need to look into issues. I for one understand why they have decided not to do this. If I had ordered my car say today and was told in June that it was scheduled to be built next week, then boom it got bumped to the following week because there was a special bunch of people coming through to watch there car be built. I would be upset.
This car is HOT right now and Ford is doing everything they can to get these cars built. People have been waiting for months to get there car.

I am a little upset that he says he will now not buy a Mustang because of this. Either you love the Mustang and want to buy one or not. How has not being able to see your car built taken away from the greatness of this car.
And I'm sorry this car is not a FAD. If it was it would not have been around for fourty years and out sold all other muscle cars around.

I understand that some had there hopes up about this, but ask yourself this. Because you cannot see your car be built does that mean you no longer like/love the Mustang and will now not buy one. You liked/loved the Mustang before there was any mention of the Pony Drive, you wanted/got to have one.

For me to put the Mustang in the same breath as the PT Crusier and the Miata (sp) is an insult. Those were FADS. The Mustang is a Legend that Has been around since before I was born and will be around after I'm gone.
I am a true Mustang lover. If I could I would own one from every year.

I have not read everyone's post here, I just read the post from the pony drive site and it upset me that he is so upset with Ford right now that he is stating these things. I understand that he worked really hard to make this happen, but to my understanding he was not given any gurantee (sp) they would see what they could do. I also understand that this would have been great media for Ford.

I guess that I am just as upset as he his, only for different reasons. I just for the life of me cannot see why someone who loves/loves Mustangs as much as Dave says he does to state that he now will not buy a Mustang.

I am truely sorry if I upset anyone. In this posting I did not mean to upset anyone, this is just my feeling right now on the subject. It just hurts to think that someone has lost there love for a great car because of something that was not set in stone to begin with.

All I ask is that everyone sit and think about this before deciding not to buy a Mustang. Do you really want to pass up owning a legend of a car because of this?

That is my 2 cents on this.

Again I am sorry if I upset anyone.

Quick Reply: What happened to the Ponydrive Sticky?