2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Went to look at an 06 GT Vert

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/05, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my rant....

I've been watching a few local dealers inventory online, waiting for an Tungsten GT vert to hit one of the lots. Yesterday, Ford of Ocala's inventory showed that they had one optioned just as I would have ordered it. I double checked and it was the one. In fact, they had 35 Stangs listed in inventory.

I thought, cool.... supply has caught up with demand, let me go see it and talk to them. Besides, it was a nice day for a ride in the Bullitt. I get there and get cornered by a sales dude. Tell him I'm looking for the car I saw in thier inventory. He looks confused, we walk over to where all the Stangs are on the lot, no Tungsten GT Vert. He says "maybe it's at our other location, let's check" . Go inside, wait while he checks, no car, he then says "we have one on order though".

Great, drove all this way, no car. I decide to check out the Vista Blue GT just to look at the color. Sales dude follows me out. I look at the sticker and guess what!!?!?! The extra little add on sticker is there bumping the price up by 2995.00. That was all I needed to see.

As I walked away, I told the sales dude to tell his sales manager that I would not be buying a car from them, then or ever. I told him that ADM is a terrible business practice and it tells me what kind of dealership they really are. I checked online again when I got home, it was still there, maybe the online inventory shows whats coming in too?. No matter, it was a waste of a few hours, at least it was a nice drive....

Rant over
Old 10/28/05, 08:06 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes inventory shows cars that are for that dealership, but not there yet....

I had the same problem.
When the 05s were first coming out... the one local dealership had 3 in inventory, none actually there.
But they were ordered...
Old 10/28/05, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm getting X-plan, but when I ordered in August, one dealership I went to said, "we will not entertain any offers that are not $5,000 over sticker." Even If I wanted to pay that, it didn't guarantee I got the car. I was then informed no dealer in the nation would sell at X-plan. It will not, and has not ever happened. Well, 30 minutes on the phone and a 15 minute drive and my car was ordered at X-plan. I still have the salesmans name and card from the 1st dealership to stick it to him when I get my Vista Blue. Some people have too much money to care what they are paying.
Old 10/28/05, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also got mine at the x-plan and I totally agree that paying over msrp is a joke but then what would you do if they said that they would get you a gt500 for 5000.00 above sticker? That's a little tougher decision, don't ya think?
Old 10/28/05, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rarecat@October 28, 2005, 9:01 AM
Here is my rant....

I've been watching a few local dealers inventory online, waiting for an Tungsten GT vert to hit one of the lots. Yesterday, Ford of Ocala's inventory showed that they had one optioned just as I would have ordered it. I double checked and it was the one. In fact, they had 35 Stangs listed in inventory.

I thought, cool.... supply has caught up with demand, let me go see it and talk to them. Besides, it was a nice day for a ride in the Bullitt. I get there and get cornered by a sales dude. Tell him I'm looking for the car I saw in thier inventory. He looks confused, we walk over to where all the Stangs are on the lot, no Tungsten GT Vert. He says "maybe it's at our other location, let's check" . Go inside, wait while he checks, no car, he then says "we have one on order though".

Great, drove all this way, no car. I decide to check out the Vista Blue GT just to look at the color. Sales dude follows me out. I look at the sticker and guess what!!?!?! The extra little add on sticker is there bumping the price up by 2995.00. That was all I needed to see.

As I walked away, I told the sales dude to tell his sales manager that I would not be buying a car from them, then or ever. I told him that ADM is a terrible business practice and it tells me what kind of dealership they really are. I checked online again when I got home, it was still there, maybe the online inventory shows whats coming in too?. No matter, it was a waste of a few hours, at least it was a nice drive....

Rant over

I also got X-plan pricing here in the SF Bay Area. Came out to be around $100 below invoice.