2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Well I slid behind the wheel today

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/04, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well guys,

Today was the day. I slipped behind the wheel of a redfire 05 gt. First thing I have to say is : IT IS SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER LOOKING IN PERSON THAN ON THE NET. Secondly got some info from Hau ti's boss. She was there to answer questions and boy did I unload so here goes.

Will there be an 18 inch wheel option: Yes there will be as soon as we get some issues cleared up

What are the flaps by the gas tank: (I felt them there actually rubber) They are rock gaurds to protect the fuel tank.

Will the steering will change in 06 due to safety standards: No this steering wheel meets every standard and will be continued through 06 and beyond.

Will there be an engine cover: We are trying to get it through on a stripe package next year.

What will the convertible top be like: It will have glass and have a 5-7 rib system (I forget which she said). It will not be cloth initially and will eventually be replaced by cloth.

What will pricing be: We are trying to keep pricing within 2-300 dollars of current pricing on all levels. The v-6 will be just under 20k

Any news on SEs and who hard it will be for tuners to break the code to modify the computer programming:
We have given 2 protoypes for shelby to work on, we also having given them to saleen and Roush is activley working on the mustang cobra the hardest thing for them will be the throttle by wire system however we have know the enthusiast will want to modify.

Is the stamp in the hood to clear the intake or...: she finished my sentence with shaker and said now you know I can't answer that. lol

What will be the next iteration of the cobra be called:
It will be called the Ford Mustang Cobra.

That is all I remembered to ask and I got a picture of an exhaust tip for the guy who wanted one. I sat in the passenger seat and it wasn't really that great. The side bolster wasn't even near my sides and is to far away from the seat to help. The sound quality when we reved it wasn't that good. I think the mach had a better exhaust tone. The control surfaces were great and the whole interior really looked great. I sat in the back and had plenty of headroom (I am 5 10" ) and had a guy 5 8 in front move the seat to a normal comfortable position. The bucket effect of the seat really helped in this. Also the positioning of the airbag in the seat was great and the lever to fold down the seat was at the top and easier to access to let people in the back. Trunk space was awesome but the same narrow opening from the sn95. The tunnel for the tranny ran all the way back and there is no way to seat three in the back anymore. The shifter was not any shorter the tunnel was just raised. The shifter was smooth and there was a hydralicly assisted clutch which was very light. The mirrors although bulky made it really easy to see and the only problem i had with the interior is if I shifted to third my hand was hitting the center stack. The seats folded down nicely however the opening to the trunk was much smaller due to the bucket of the seats. I also noticed that the tires fit great in the wells although the bullit wheels will be much better looking. I have pics of the car with the black insert in the bumper and will post all the pics later. Either way its a beautiful car that the lady from ford was expecting to 175k units because thats all the factory could make and that the demand would be for over 200k. Great car but I am keeping the mach. I will however be purchasing an se model later to compliment her in the garage. Great car and you guys are going to love em.

Thanks for tuning in.
Roger
Old 7/15/04, 09:56 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Wow, great report Roger! Thanks!

So we may see a Shelby at SEMA! With a shaker? And 18's? I can't wait.

The fact she finished your sentence about the shaker has me excited.

As far as sound....that's funny because another member said it sounded like it had American Thunders on it from the inside. I guess it has to do with how loud you like your stang?

Anyway, great news. BTW, how did you get to sit and rev it?
Old 7/15/04, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Shelby? Shelby?
Old 7/15/04, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Great review, thanks for posting. Hopefully I'll get to see it on Sunday...
Old 7/15/04, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@July 15, 2004, 7:59 PM
Probably because she's heard the question a thousand times, not because that's what they're planning .

Dave
Old 7/15/04, 10:01 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

So Ford and Shelby have obviously inked a deal. They have two prototypes to play with, one likely destined for SEMA. But will it make a March debut? I hope so.

This also means pin stripes.
Old 7/15/04, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

good, Ford Mustang Cobra, which means the shelbys will have less than 500 hp....i mean, they wouldnt want an SE to top the top dog?
Old 7/15/04, 10:06 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by HairyCanary+July 16, 2004, 12:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HairyCanary @ July 16, 2004, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dan@July 15, 2004, 7:59 PM
Probably because she's heard the question a thousand times, not because that's what they're planning .

Dave [/b][/quote]
I hate you.

j/k.... a guy can hope no?
Old 7/15/04, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

I guess my answers lead to more questions lol.... I am going to see it again on sat and will try to get the diameter of the exhaust tips.... The cars sounds great on the video clips we have but didn't cut the mustard in real life. It was a full production model and is completely up to spec. There government rating isn't set yet but it is exactly like the production model. I heard more fan than i did exhaust. I did verify that there were only two cats right out of the header and no bricks after that.
Old 7/15/04, 10:13 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by mach1fever@July 16, 2004, 12:12 AM
I guess my answers lead to more questions lol.... I am going to see it again on sat and will try to get the diameter of the exhaust tips.... The cars sounds great on the video clips we have but didn't cut the mustard in real life. It was a full production model and is completely up to spec. There government rating isn't set yet but it is exactly like the production model. I heard more fan than i did exhaust. I did verify that there were only two cats right out of the header and no bricks after that.
Its a 2.5" exhaust I believe.
Old 7/15/04, 10:14 PM
GT Member

I was their too!!!

Amazing that after reading and looking at pictures of this car for sooo long,,,,, i finally got to see it first hand!

2 things i noticed though,,,,,,

one,,,,,is it just me,,,,,,,or did the grills for the back speakers change???

two,,,,,anybody take a look at the brake release inside the trunk,,,,,,it is halarious,,,,,,it has a picture of a guy jumping out of a trunk,,,,and running away from the car
Old 7/15/04, 10:21 PM
Cobra Member

yeah it was funny I really like how the trunk hindge system worked to move it up and away... I also like there was no rubber on the car and that the quaterpanel was one piece. You could really tell it wasn't designed for a vert. PS its amazing I can get you a good deal on one through my sponsor if you want. I had two guys I know change theri preorders to greenway. And hope to see you at one of the meets soon. Register for my forum at www.perfectionperformance.com/forum1
Old 7/15/04, 10:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mach1fever@July 15, 2004, 11:24 PM
yeah it was funny I really like how the trunk hindge system worked to move it up and away... I also like there was no rubber on the car and that the quaterpanel was one piece. You could really tell it wasn't designed for a vert. PS its amazing I can get you a good deal on one through my sponsor if you want. I had two guys I know change theri preorders to greenway. And hope to see you at one of the meets soon. Register for my forum at www.perfectionperformance.com/forum1
Already joined the forum,,,,,,i'll check it now and then for meets. Alot of the stangs that were their today are awsome!!! Specialy that green shelby 350 :worship:

Thanks for the offer,,,but no 05 for me just yet,,,,,need to grad from college first
Old 7/15/04, 10:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

hey- can say an 11 and 9 year old sit in the back without having their knees folded up by their ears-enough room to keep them from wanting to kill me when they ride with? Just curious, Never thought to look in back of an 04 before today, and thats miniscule.
Old 7/15/04, 11:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet so we WILL be getting our Shelby's Welps I guess I'm saving my money up for a Shelby then.
Old 7/16/04, 05:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

mach1fever - thanks for the review ! It's so hard to wait for this car !
Old 7/16/04, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Roush is activley working on the mustang cobra
Ummmm .... where is SVT ?
Old 7/16/04, 06:23 AM
Cobra Member

I don't know how I feel about a new Shelby?! I guess I will have to wait and see! It could be a boom or a bust!!
I have no problem with a Mach1 or Boss!!
I want a SE, but I know its going to be hard seeing all those new GT's on the road!! I think if the 18's were an option next spring or summer, I would get a GT.
Old 7/16/04, 06:31 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lucky guy...

I get to see the '05 up close again next saturday... I can't wait to ask the same questions just to verify. HTT will be there, so hopefully I can ask him directly.
Old 7/16/04, 06:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

great review, thanks.

Quick Reply: Well I slid behind the wheel today