2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Videos of Me and My 05 on the Track

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/07, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
looks like a lot of fun. If you get a chance next time it would be cool to see the speedo for a lap or two.
A Datalogger is on my wish list for Santa
Old 10/8/07, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks of the info on the spoiler, that is what I was planning. What kind of settings on the shocks and struts were you using on the track?
Old 10/8/07, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by travelers
Thanks of the info on the spoiler, that is what I was planning. What kind of settings on the shocks and struts were you using on the track?
I was at the stiffest both front & rear. I will install some beefier sway bars for next year ... still too much roll with just the D-Spec & Eibach springs
Old 10/8/07, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MontrealStang
Who has participated in schools like this with their S197 ? What are some of the modifications that has impacted positively the handling of your Stang ?

BTW, here is an aerial view of the track:
I'm registered to run at Lime Rock CT next month. It'll be my first time, so not even sure if I'll get to run on the second day. No mods yet. I'm waiting to see what the most glaring shortcomings are, and then decide if I want to fix them or not.

http://www.limerock.com/

Here's a video capture of me preparing for the run using NASCAR Racing 2003 on the PC:

http://pages.cthome.net/billj/files/...k_55sec_HQ.wmv
Old 10/8/07, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by MontrealStang
Who has participated in schools like this with their S197 ? What are some of the modifications that has impacted positively the handling of your Stang ?
I bought my '07 in June and have been to 6 track days so far at Texas World Speedway.

No mods yet but I would highly recommend Going Faster by Carl Lopez of the Skip Barber Racing School. It really explains how to get around a race track. (Disclaimer, no relationship, just a satisfied customer, etc.)
Old 10/8/07, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really fun to watch. I'm smiling real wide just watching this. If I went once, that'd be it. I'd be finished. Quite awesome!

Old 10/10/07, 04:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wjones14
I'm registered to run at Lime Rock CT next month. It'll be my first time, so not even sure if I'll get to run on the second day. No mods yet. I'm waiting to see what the most glaring shortcomings are, and then decide if I want to fix them or not.

http://www.limerock.com/

Here's a video capture of me preparing for the run using NASCAR Racing 2003 on the PC:

http://pages.cthome.net/billj/files/...k_55sec_HQ.wmv

Wow ... nice track. I wish I had more tracks like these close by. The 2 tracks that I posted videos are about 1.5h & 3h from home. The closest after that is Mosport near Toronto and probably Watkins Glen. Maybe next year I'll try a new one !!
Old 10/10/07, 03:01 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Hey that looks like a ton of fun! Were you using the full track or just the top loop? (I didn't watch the full video). I remember doing the Jim Russel schoolt here and going through Namro over and over and over again! I finally started to shake the understeer. The start was funny, the Bridge turn is where I locked it up at the end and spun - FUN!!

Keep it up, I hope to get out in my car next summer.

Kristina
Old 10/12/07, 05:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rondosa
Hey that looks like a ton of fun! Were you using the full track or just the top loop? (I didn't watch the full video). I remember doing the Jim Russel schoolt here and going through Namro over and over and over again! I finally started to shake the understeer. The start was funny, the Bridge turn is where I locked it up at the end and spun - FUN!!

Keep it up, I hope to get out in my car next summer.

Kristina
We were using the full track of course. My favorite turn is the right turn before the left turn leading to the bridge.

BTW, I just saw your signature and noticed that you were on Star Racer. I actually saw that show when it aired last year especially because it was at Tremblant. The show seemed too "hollywoodish" to my taste but I remember seeing you; it must have been a great experience nevertheless. My friends and I envied you guys for having that opportunity. Unfortunatly, we would have been little over the hill to be participants as we are in our 30s ! Chris Green's father was at Tremblant when I went 2 weeks ago. He was an instructor. I know Ron because he was my garagist several years ago when I lived not too far from his garage.

I usually go to Tremblant with the BMW or Audi clubs. Let me know when you plan to go next year. It would be fun to battle with another 05+ Mustang on the track since I'm usually the only one !
Old 10/12/07, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
how did you get rid of your understeer?
Old 10/12/07, 12:01 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally Posted by Glenn
how did you get rid of your understeer?

Me?

I was driving their race cars (F2000 Van Diemans) and it was my driving, not the cars. It's a tricky corner, a tight right hander on a downward slope. Once you get the timing right it's smooth but for the longest time I kept pushing and pushing.

It's so fun to learn on cars that aren't yours!

Kristina