2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Very sad

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/04, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, on the 18th of Oct. we went and purchased a black GT that was going to be at the dealer "any day". Well, we have been patiently waiting for "any day" and my dealer just called and told me my car is on a freight car, and Ford is not releasing it until Nov. 8th since it is a hot ticket item, so WE should expect to get it Nov. 15th....!!!!!!!!!! That is SO far away!!! If I had not already paid for the car, I could have gone to another dealership, and just dealt with another color. Guess I should not have jumped the gun. Why are other dealers getting it? I don't know. I am so MAD!!! Has this happened to anyone else....or am I the only one?
Old 10/28/04, 02:57 PM
jm3

I dont want to get your hopes up, but my car was supposed to be here October 21.
When it did not show up, the dealer called Ford, and was told it was "no longer" on the train, and would be here November 5.

Well guess what showed up today? The dealer was just as surprised as me, so I hope you are just as lucky.

jay
Old 10/28/04, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds fishy to me. Do you have the VIN for the car you put the deposit on? They may be making you wait for another car that was ordered with the same options. No one in here has mentioned anything about a hold because of it being a hot item.
Old 10/28/04, 03:28 PM

I did not put a deposit down, I already paid cash for the car, but yes, I do have the VIN, and I am hoping I have Jay's luck. Maybe they give me a "worst case scenario date.
Old 10/28/04, 03:29 PM
V6 Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=8179

not to discourage you or anything.......
Old 10/28/04, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
which dealer?
Old 10/28/04, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Myself & many others ordered in June & have not received our cars yet.

Get in line.
Old 10/28/04, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

I won't be getting mine until at least summer '05... if that helps ease your worries.
Old 10/28/04, 03:54 PM

I was basically going to say what Pony said, but he beat me to it. Also, why in the world would you pay for a vehicle in full, when it's not even on the dealer's lot??
Old 10/28/04, 04:15 PM

It is a dealer here in northern cali, and we paid for it so that all we had to do was just come pick it up, and not have to deal with any paperwork. We knew we wanted it, and the car they were getting was just what we wanted. Why, was that a bad idea? Should one not do that? The kicker is that another dealer just called to tell me he got a mineral grey one on the lot today. I think it is not possible to cancel my deal with the other dealer...is it?
Old 10/28/04, 04:28 PM
GT Member

I imagine you signed a sales contract but did that contract list any dates by which delivery was to take place? Did you in fact sign a contract or did you maybe just pay them and fill-out an order of some kind? It just depends on what you did or didn't do as to your ability to back out of the sale. We don't know the details so we can't make any real suggestions.

You haven't taken delivery so no registration or official paperwork has been done as far as your name being tied to that car with the state. I think it is all going to depend on your dealer and what kind of mood they are in. They CAN un-do what has been done up to this point but WILL they?
Old 10/28/04, 04:57 PM

thank you, legend......I guess I will just be patient. It is a virtue, i guess
Old 10/28/04, 06:51 PM

again, mine was supposed to be here 10/14 and still no car. The kicker is that I'm starting to see them on the road and anyone that knows I'm getting this car calls me to tell me they just saw one on the road. How aggravating is that? Although, I did not pay for the car, especially in full. I would never shell out that kind of dough without my hands wrapped around the steering wheel.
Old 10/28/04, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The same for me...I ordered in may, it was supposed to be delivered oct. 2nd and I got it this past tuesday...Surprised the dealer as well. Even his list of incoming vehicles still showed me as TBD. Just goes to show you that they are starting to show up now. I would bet yours will be here either this week or next at the latest. Good luck...
Old 10/28/04, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im living in a wet state called oregon :angry: and non of the dealers have even got the 05 mustangs yet.
Old 10/28/04, 07:53 PM

Mine has been ordered for 6 months and I haven't received it yet.
Old 10/28/04, 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

The date and tracking system is NOT accurate in many cases as to delivery. My car was on "Railcar" forever.....well 2 weeks anyway, when It takes one day at most to get from plant to Buffalo. Anyway same as couple of the guys in this thread, no ETA ,car just showed up. B) I feel your "Pain" but your car will come, and you will be PLEASED!
Old 10/28/04, 08:45 PM
Queen Of Nascar

The date and tracking system is NOT accurate in many cases as to delivery. My car was on "Railcar" forever.....well 2 weeks anyway, when It takes one day at most to get from plant to Buffalo. Anyway same as couple of the guys in this thread, no ETA ,car just showed up. I feel your "Pain" but your car will come, and you will be PLEASED!
Very True...My car also was shipped by way of Brazil ...It stayed shipped to convoy for over 2 weeks. The tracking system showed no ETA and it just showed up. There is hope. I feel your "pain" to because I've been there but it was well worth the wait. Good Luck
Old 10/28/04, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mustangmom@October 28, 2004, 5:18 PM
It is a dealer here in northern cali, and we paid for it so that all we had to do was just come pick it up, and not have to deal with any paperwork. We knew we wanted it, and the car they were getting was just what we wanted. Why, was that a bad idea? Should one not do that? The kicker is that another dealer just called to tell me he got a mineral grey one on the lot today. I think it is not possible to cancel my deal with the other dealer...is it?
Not to make a big deal about it, but I have never heard of that before. I wouldn't put more down then the mininum required to get the car-should be about $500 bucks(and we rarely even deposit the checks to start with). The only car I could possibly imagine paying for prior to order is if you are buying the dealer's single GT supercar, nothing else, not even a Hybrid. I would never ask for it from a customer either, I would probably refuse it. It does not count as a sale untill it is registered in your name and off the premisis. 75% of people who order pick up the car with no problems, and 50% of the remaining ones buy something else that comes in before the order. Once in a blue moon they cancel, buy something completely different, there is a dramatic life changing event, or the car comes in with a problem. With just a deposit, you can easilly walk away from the car if it is damaged, or you simply change your mind. I would consider canceling the order, at least getting your money back now and keep a good-faith deposit only on it. Thats a little crazy paying for a car that is not in your driveway.
Old 10/28/04, 09:29 PM

Picked up a Mustang today-notice I said "a" Mustang, not my Mustang. My original car was purduced 9/8/04, but as of today still "shipped to convoy"- this car has been mia for 50 days. anyway, while searching Ford direct I found a silver gt (my color), at a dealer within 40 miles of my home, so I decide to go see silver in person this morning. Needless to say I brought her home this afternoon. I originally ordered clothe, this one has leather-got an upgrade. Have 97 miles on her already. Something fishy about a car made on Sept 8th and it's no where to be found, but one that was made in Oct is sitting in my garage.

Quick Reply: Very sad