2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Very Bad Call

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/05, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok SO I just got a call from my dealer.....He said Ford has discontinued the IUP and the Appearance Upgrade meaning I wouldnt even get the red interior. I told him I would be by monday to get my deposit. At this point I'm so mad and upset that I could cry or punch something. Both Extremes of emotions, but isnt that what us females are good for anyways??? Does ANYONE know of any Black GT with/ IUP, RED Int, and 5 speed anywhere in the country. I will fly in to buy it. Thanks
Old 1/8/05, 04:55 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

dealer is full of it
Old 1/8/05, 04:58 PM

Why would he tell me that when he knew I was very patiently waiting and didnt care to wait for IUP, he had my sale guaranteed.....
Old 1/8/05, 04:58 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, but I know of a red GT/red int w/IUP locally.
Old 1/8/05, 05:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by 3stangs@January 8, 2005, 7:01 PM
Why would he tell me that when he knew I was very patiently waiting and didnt care to wait for IUP, he had my sale guaranteed.....
There is a delay on IUPs, because Ford did not anticipate such a demand.
Old 1/8/05, 05:01 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take your money and go elsewhere, the car can still be built, but you will have to wait until at least March to get it.
Old 1/8/05, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by 3stangs@January 8, 2005, 6:01 PM
Did I try to get you order one without IUP and red leather? If so, then he told you the lie in order to get the car built sooner (and get his money sooner as well). He doesn't want to put in an order that may take a couple months to come in. He wants his money now.
Old 1/8/05, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 3stangs@January 8, 2005, 5:56 PM
Ok SO I just got a call from my dealer.....He said Ford has discontinued the IUP and the Appearance Upgrade meaning I wouldnt even get the red interior. I told him I would be by monday to get my deposit. At this point I'm so mad and upset that I could cry or punch something. Both Extremes of emotions, but isnt that what us females are good for anyways??? Does ANYONE know of any Black GT with/ IUP, RED Int, and 5 speed anywhere in the country. I will fly in to buy it. Thanks
Did you not read my post reply on Stangnet? IUP is delayed until Feb. :bang:
Old 1/8/05, 05:39 PM

I knew it was delayed til Feb and I had told my dealer I was willing to wait, then he called earlier and told me that I guess he thinks he I would take the other car to get it faster. Oh well, Ill take my 27000 elsewhere........
Old 1/8/05, 05:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your call!! I do know of a Black GT w/ IUP, Red Leather Interior, Std Wheels, Shaker 500, Auto - This vehicle is at Campus Ford in Okemos, MI - 517-347-1830. Salesperson to help Joy.

Sorry this one does not have a manual.

Also, Campus Ford just sent a Black GT, IUP, Standard Trans, Light Grey Interior to a Dealer in Finley, OH in trade for my Sonic Blue GT.

Hope this helps
Old 1/8/05, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 3stangs@January 8, 2005, 6:01 PM
I would probably go to another dealer but sure would complain to Ford. Something smells FUNNY.and IMO it has something to do with $$$$ If this was true, one of the TMS folks who are usually in the know will have it sooner rather than later. Besides the business end of this, understand how it hits you. Until something official hits - I'm sticking with the IUP being available come February builds.
Old 1/8/05, 06:16 PM

Does anyone know the 1800 customer service # for me to call Ford to complain?
Thanks
Old 1/8/05, 06:44 PM
V6 Member

1-800-392-ford (3673)
Old 1/9/05, 12:50 AM

Ok, so after being online for a good 7 hours searching since my phone call I have found 2 cars that meet my specs except for the shaker 1000, they have 500 so I can deal with that. My thing now is, how should I go about contacting these dealers and getting a good price. I was paying 1000 over invoice on my order and I dont expect to get that on a car thats on a lot but I dont want to pay over MSRP for it? Any suggestions?
THANKS so much everyone. If all goes well I could have this car in my driveway Monday.
Old 1/9/05, 04:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

3stangs,
Sorry to hear about your dealer problem. Maybe he just wanted to make more than 1000 over invoice In working with the new dealer, I would be very up front with him. Walk in and say "here is my checkbook with a check for MSRP, do you want it or not". I think they will be more willing to make a deal when they know it is for real rather than just someone cruising around looking for test rides.

Good Luck

The Boss Hog
Old 1/10/05, 09:58 PM

I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. First off I want to thank everyone who sent me cars like I want and so on through PM's. I did find my dream car and will be picking it up tomorrow. I went to my original dealer today to cancel my order and get my deposit back. They had no problem giving my deposit back which surprised me. I told them how upset I was(I think they could tell) so one of the sales managers printed out the memo from FORD about the IUP. According to the memo he showed me , it was discontinued. I had accused them of lying just to get the car in sooner and the guy said I take offense to that, let me show you. So now I'm not sure what to believe about the IUP, all I know is I found the exact car I had ordered and getting a great deal on it. So all is well in my world. I'll post pics soon.
Old 1/10/05, 10:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 3stangs@January 10, 2005, 11:01 PM
so one of the sales managers printed out the memo from FORD about the IUP. According to the memo he showed me , it was discontinued.
Congratulations on finding your car that's great, as for the IUP being discontinued please tell me this is not true.
Old 1/11/05, 12:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 3stangs@January 10, 2005, 9:01 PM
one of the sales managers printed out the memo from FORD about the IUP. According to the memo he showed me , it was discontinued. So now I'm not sure what to believe about the IUP, all I know is I found the exact car I had ordered and getting a great deal on it.
Well Jerri, all I can say is if this turns out to be fact, that all the IUP cars (My Color) will probably turn out to be very collectible in the next 20+ years.....
Old 1/11/05, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great to hear you got/are getting your car after the bologna you went through.

I seriously doubt that Ford is discontinuing the IUP. Wouldn't make any sense for Ford to refuse to provide a few extra gauges and pieces of metal to cover the dash for the extra money Ford is getting. Now, the MyColor option being discontinued would be more believable due to the lawsuit/threat of lawsuit, but even that I doubt.

It'd be nice to see this memo, I'm sure more than one member here can probably shoot holes in it. Anyway, when we're all 100% sure that IUP won't be discontinued (I'm currently at 99.95%, not really sure why I'm not 100%) you should show that dealership a little birdie everytime you drive by to make sure they know of your dissatisfaction with them.
Old 1/11/05, 05:58 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Glad it all worked out for you Jerri. Look forward to your pics.

Quick Reply: Very Bad Call