2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is this a valid ticket socal pd input please

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/07, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a valid ticket socal pd input please

I got a vc 21453(a) photo enforcement.
I was driving 15 mph turning into where (the green arrow) as indicated and there were cars turning left on the north south bound. There are no signs that say no turn on red. How did I get this ticket and is it valid

How can I upload the pic? I have a 400kb pic that I can't upload.

thanks
Old 7/6/07, 12:44 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

use photobucket or imageshack for the pic

whats the vioation?
Old 7/6/07, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...nt=ticket2.jpg

failure to stop when turning. I guess i did a california roll. I am going 10 to 15 mph. very slow.
Old 7/6/07, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by st06vert
http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...nt=ticket2.jpg

failure to stop when turning. I guess i did a california roll. I am going 10 to 15 mph. very slow.
Hate to say it, but 10-15 is not stopped. Based on the ones around here, you must come to a complete stop for a specific amount of time. That amount is not very long, but if you don't hold for that amount of time, you will get a ticket.
Old 7/6/07, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

its a valid ticket, california rolls dont count as stops.

we enforce that law here in jersey. although u can turn on red, you must come to a complete stop before turning right.
Old 7/6/07, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

It's a valid ticket if they claim you did not stop and you in fact didn't. California roll is illegal, just depends on the cop and the situation if they let you get away with it. Even when turning right on a red, no traffic you still have to come to a complete stop.

You can still fight it, you can say you stopped briefly, saw no traffic then proceeded with the turn, maybe the cop won't show.

I know it seems no one stops completely before making a right, I find my self rolling through them too all the time but it's definately a valid ticket.

Good luck.
Old 7/6/07, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I would have stop but common sense dictates that it was safe for me to go. If I only knew that they give infraction for that I would have completely stop and not move.

Old 7/6/07, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nynvolt
It's a valid ticket if they claim you did not stop and you in fact didn't. California roll is illegal, just depends on the cop and the situation if they let you get away with it. Even when turning right on a red, no traffic you still have to come to a complete stop.

You can still fight it, you can say you stopped briefly, saw no traffic then proceeded with the turn, maybe the cop won't show.

I know it seems no one stops completely before making a right, I find my self rolling through them too all the time but it's definately a valid ticket.

Good luck.
It was photoenforced
Old 7/6/07, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

How do they get a photo of you not stopping? As far as I know they do not have video enforcement. Say you pause, complete stop, then proceed photo goes off, hows that prove you did or did not stop?
Old 7/6/07, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

How do they get a photo of you not stopping? As far as I know they do not have video enforcement. Say you pause, complete stop, then proceed photo goes off, hows that prove you did or did not stop?

I am wondering that myself. You have a great point. I am very careful when I drive the mustang. Its not a DD.
Old 7/6/07, 02:37 PM
V6 Member

I am wondering that myself. You have a great point. I am very careful when I drive the mustang. Its not a DD.
If if it like the ones we have, there is video that goes with it and for every photo taken, a human reviews the video to see if the vehicle did or did not stop.

I would say, since you know you did not stop, pay the ticket and learn from your mistake.
Old 7/6/07, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

They do have video, I have a friend who went through this. He was able to pull it up on the internet. But regardless, they got you. Sorry!
Old 7/6/07, 04:02 PM

that intersection look familiar where is that?

and yes they do have vid cams rolling at the same time and have people that review the tapes. The reason being that everyone was getting off on photoenforced tickets because no officer witnessed it, now they do via recording. go get ur extension to postpone, then plead not guilty wave time and hope the officer doesnt show up, or you can call mr ticket and hope he gets you off or at the time of pleading not guilty you can request to fight it by mail and that is currently the best way to not get a prosecution response and thus its dismissed. But they have to provide you with all evidence, so request access to the video and review it yourself.
Old 7/6/07, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow, there must not be any real crime goin on!
Old 7/6/07, 04:21 PM

theres plenty of real crime going on in socal, its just too much effort to fight that and hard criminals cant pay for their own defense no less any kind of fines, so theres no real money in it, just a bunch of unwanted costs. Thats why a kid will be given a ticket for skateboarding while right behind him someone robs the 7-11.
Old 7/6/07, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Big Brother is watching!
You can't even pick your nose in the car anymore! ROFL!
It's a lot easier to make money for the state by this method than going out and catching real criminals.
Old 7/6/07, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
that intersection look familiar where is that?

and yes they do have vid cams rolling at the same time and have people that review the tapes. The reason being that everyone was getting off on photoenforced tickets because no officer witnessed it, now they do via recording. go get ur extension to postpone, then plead not guilty wave time and hope the officer doesnt show up, or you can call mr ticket and hope he gets you off or at the time of pleading not guilty you can request to fight it by mail and that is currently the best way to not get a prosecution response and thus its dismissed. But they have to provide you with all evidence, so request access to the video and review it yourself.
Rob its in pmerado and ted williams intersection. Front of outback.
Old 7/6/07, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
theres plenty of real crime going on in socal, its just too much effort to fight that and hard criminals cant pay for their own defense no less any kind of fines, so theres no real money in it, just a bunch of unwanted costs. Thats why a kid will be given a ticket for skateboarding while right behind him someone robs the 7-11.

Its all about money. I can tell you all about revenue for the city but I wont go there. Its a whole another story. I should have fish tailed on that intersection and go 80 mph and my license plate would be a blurr. . Then I wouldn't feel bad about paying my fine but I had my two kids with me. 10 mph turning on the intersection sheez $361. I never drive reckless.
Old 7/6/07, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by garyb900
Big Brother is watching!
You can't even pick your nose in the car anymore! ROFL!
It's a lot easier to make money for the state by this method than going out and catching real criminals.
hahaha my friend got a red light ticket once and in the picture it showed his gf doing something to him that can not be mentioned on this site...lol

Rob its in pmerado and ted williams intersection. Front of outback.
I knew that looked familiar
Old 7/6/07, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

they do it in new york also. my friend got one. i dont know if he fought it.

Quick Reply: Is this a valid ticket socal pd input please