2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Used Suspension For Sale JK

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/13, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Used Suspension For Sale JK

Used stock suspension for sale, it tried to kill me but you may have better luck.

Seriously this isn't for sale. Below is a pic of the stock parts that were removed over the past 2 days. I had posted previously about what I should get to make my 2006 GT Vert handle better and I came across a Ford Racing Handling Pack at CDC. I know this is a left over from some project, maybe the Foose Stallion and the springs aren't the K springs but that's ok. What do you expect for $325. The struts and shocks are the M-18000A and the springs ???

I did the front struts on day one, piece of cake. I bought FRPP GT500 Strut mount so that saved some time on the job. On day two I tackled the rear. The shocks took minutes to remove but the springs were a PITA. I couldn't lower the rear enough because of the sub-frame support bars. Got them in and while I was there I replaced the LCA with J&M LCA's and J&M's aluminum panhard rod00, it was cheap and light. I figured I'd go with the adjustable one because the springs will lower the car 1". If I replaced the bar I might as well replace the panhard support bar too. I went with Whitelines bar support brace. What is up with the oem brace, it's very thin and flexes when I twist it by hand.

Now the car handles much better almost like I was on rails. I'm very happy with the bang to bucks ratio. Altogether I got almost a complete new suspension for $760. I also got the jounce bumper kit but I don't know if it was necessary.

So if anyone's looking for struts/shocks and springs, give CDC a shot because you can't go wrong for $325.

Take a look at the old stuff:
Name:  DSC00819.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  103.7 KB

Moderators please don't move to the for sale section, this isn't really for sale.
Old 5/9/13, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last year I did essentially the same thing with my 'vert. I had the same problem with the rear springs as well, that brace won't let you lower the axle enough to get them out easily. Took some creativeness to get em removed.
Old 5/9/13, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I like the stripes, looking to get some on mine after I replace the hood. It has the usual paint bubbling and peeling away in places. Can't decide whether to get a CF or FG.