2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Update: My pony is out of the hospital...

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/05 | 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Some of you might remember that about a month and a half ago i was involved in an accident where someone came into my lane and hit me on the driver side of my car. Well, today I finally got my pony back, and she looks as good as new. She even smells like a new car, which i am guessing is due to the fact that they had to remove the back glass to replace the rear fender, and they had to re-glue it when they put it back in. I attribute the smell to the glue they used. I would take some pictures, but it is raining outside. I am so glad to have my car back. I think the grin on my face when I saw her put back together again was almost as big as the one on my face the day I bought her.

Here is what she looked like before:
[attachmentid=29630]

Now, she looks brand new. The paint match appears to be perfect. If it is off at all, my eyes can't detect it. The fitment seems to be as tight as it was from the factory. The only thing missing is the 4.0 emblem I had on the fender. I was planning on replacing them with the running ponys from the 06 pony package anway, so it is all good. I might relocate the remaining emblem to the back on the trunk lid above the driver side tailight. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to drive my car. I've been ging through withdrawal, and it's time for a fix.
Old 8/5/05 | 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's GREAT to hear!!!
Old 8/5/05 | 04:11 PM
legacy Tms Member

Glad to hear your ride is back togeather ,how long did it take from the time it went in to the body shop till it was finnished?
Old 8/5/05 | 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jsheehan@August 5, 2005, 3:59 PM
Some of you might remember that about a month and a half ago i was involved in an accident where someone came into my lane and hit me on the passenger side of my car. Well, today I finally got my pony back, and she looks as good as new. She even smells like a new car, which i am guessing is due to the fact that they had to remove the back glass to replace the rear fender, and they had to re-glue it when they put it back in. I attribute the smell to the glue they used. I would take some pictures, but it is raining outside. I am so glad to have my car back. I think the grin on my face when I saw her put back together again was almost as big as the one on my face the day I bought her.

Here is what she looked like before:
[attachmentid=29630]

Now, she looks brand new. The paint match appears to be perfect. If it is off at all, my eyes can't detect it. The fitment seems to be as tight as it was from the factory. The only thing missing is the 4.0 emblem I had on the fender. I was planning on replacing them with the running ponys from the 06 pony package anway, so it is all good. I might relocate the remaining emblem to the back on the trunk lid above the driver side tailight. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to drive my car. I've been ging through withdrawal, and it's time for a fix.

Congrats on your successful repair!

Hey, I don't mean to be a smart guy, but is your car right hand drive? :scratch: You say the damage was on the passenger side. Did you have damage on both sides?
Old 8/5/05 | 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

As I remember that happened quite a while ago.

Congrats on getting her back, I'm sure you missed her.
Old 8/5/05 | 05:27 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Congrats on the successful fix!
Old 8/5/05 | 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Clem@August 5, 2005, 3:21 PM
Hey, I don't mean to be a smart guy, but is your car right hand drive? :scratch: You say the damage was on the passenger side.
If you hadn't said it...I would have.
Old 8/5/05 | 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

yeah i picked up on that too
Old 8/5/05 | 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doh! I am such an idiot. I meant driver side. I really nead to start proofreading my posts.
Old 8/5/05 | 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 8/5/05 | 08:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Ripstang@August 5, 2005, 4:14 PM
Glad to hear your ride is back togeather ,how long did it take from the time it went in to the body shop till it was finnished?
well, it took three weeks for the body shop to get to my car. (Busy body shop, but they do good work so it was worth it.) Once they started work on my car, it took 3 weeks. It took longer than it should have because they had some problems with Ford and getting the right parts sent out.
Old 8/5/05 | 08:49 PM
legacy Tms Member

I would guess that would be parts on backorder that held up the work ,I'm glad to hear though they did a good job and its as good as new .When you get a chance post some pic's of the drivers side
Old 8/5/05 | 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

I remember when you posted about that accident, didn't someone swerve partially into your lane and clip your car, hence the damage?

by the way congrats on getting her back in action
Old 8/5/05 | 11:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

nice to know that pony is being enjoyed again, and galloping the streets as it once was
Old 8/6/05 | 12:00 AM
V6 Member

Any tips about repair? My Pony just went in today. after I got rear ended and pushed into a Ford F150 with a nice trailer Hitch. Both ends took it pretty good. Towed the car to the local Ford Dealer and I'm hoping to get them to use the GT's Fascias for at least the front so I can add the Fog Lights. What do you think about doing the back fascia to add duels? They already told me it would take 4 weeks. I see your car is also Legend Lime. I've already ordered the MRT Louvers as I asked the Body Shop manager if they could paint those at the same time. At least I can look forward to something new to make up for the disappointment of bashing my new car that has 3000 miles on it. The 80 year old guy who hit me is gonna pay. :bang: :bang:
Old 8/6/05 | 03:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats John, I remember when you posted the accident. Glad you were ok then and glad your pony is up and running again! Best of luck!
Old 8/6/05 | 07:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Limeaid@August 6, 2005, 12:03 AM
Any tips about repair? My Pony just went in today. after I got rear ended and pushed into a Ford F150 with a nice trailer Hitch. Both ends took it pretty good. Towed the car to the local Ford Dealer and I'm hoping to get them to use the GT's Fascias for at least the front so I can add the Fog Lights. What do you think about doing the back fascia to add duels? They already told me it would take 4 weeks. I see your car is also Legend Lime. I've already ordered the MRT Louvers as I asked the Body Shop manager if they could paint those at the same time. At least I can look forward to something new to make up for the disappointment of bashing my new car that has 3000 miles on it. The 80 year old guy who hit me is gonna pay. :bang: :bang:
I think that is a good idea. Neither my front nore rear facia were damaged, so I couldn't really take advantage of that. If I were you, I would get them to put both the front and rear GT Facias on. I'd be ready to have the duals put on as soon as you get your car out of the shop though, because it'll look kind of funny driving around with dual cutouts and only one tailpipe.
Old 8/6/05 | 07:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@August 5, 2005, 11:06 PM
I remember when you posted about that accident, didn't someone swerve partially into your lane and clip your car, hence the damage?

by the way congrats on getting her back in action
I was driving up a hill, and when I got to the top of the hill, there was some 20 something year old girl in a mid 90s honda accord driving smack dab in the middle of the road. It was a residential area with a sidealk and a pretty substatantial curb, so i had a very small chance of bein able to get off of the road, but I dd get as far over as I could.

It's great to hear all the kind words congratulating me on getting my pony back. That's one of the things I love about owning a mustang, the comradere (sp?) between their owners. It's like being part of a really big family.
Old 8/6/05 | 04:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jsheehan@August 6, 2005, 6:20 AM
I think that is a good idea. Neither my front nore rear facia were damaged, so I couldn't really take advantage of that. If I were you, I would get them to put both the front and rear GT Facias on. I'd be ready to have the duals put on as soon as you get your car out of the shop though, because it'll look kind of funny driving around with dual cutouts and only one tailpipe.
Good Idea on having the Duals ready when the car is done. Looks like I have plenty of time to get those delivered because its looking like four weeks until I get the car back.
Old 8/14/05 | 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ok, it's been over a week, but I finally got some pictures of my car. As youc an tell from the pics, if I hadn't told you it had been in an accident you wouldn't know.

Quick Reply: Update: My pony is out of the hospital...