2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Unbelievable allocation!

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/05, 07:02 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow Tom sorry to hear about the bad news ,you have been waiting for quite some time !Hopefully getting the rep into this might work I wish you the best in getting your stang.Just in case have you tried searching for one ? I'm sure a few of the T.M.S. members would help out trying to find what you want on a dealers lot near by that are in the area.

Good luck Tom ,I hope it works out .
Old 4/4/05, 10:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone!

How do I find out who my regional rep is? I too have some questions that need answering.

Cheers,
Jon
Old 4/4/05, 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Tom, got your email. It sure sounds promising, even though there are no guarantees at this point, I'd like to think my salesman would be able to strike a deal in your favor. He's very dynamic and I'm sure you'll get treated right when you call him. I'll keep on top of it from my end. I will visit the dealership within the next day or so to see how things are progressing, and monitoring the site to see if you've made any progress on your end. Keep the faith, buddy!
Old 4/5/05, 07:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I think this will be Tom's week
Old 4/5/05, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by outdoorstom@April 1, 2005, 1:42 PM
I called my Regional Rep today to see if he had any idea on when I can expect my car to be serialized. He had some VERY discouraging news. He told me that my zone (41 dealerships) is getting an average of 1 (that's right, 1) GT a week!! He said there's a good chance I won't get an 05. Since I ordered on Dec. 7th, I'm very frustrated as I thought my car would be in my garage by now. I have searched inventories all over the place, but can't find a car identical to what I've ordered. I'm not going to settle for less than what I want, so I guess I may end up getting an 06. Sorry about the rant....but if anyone could understand, it'll be you guys.
That is so strange that if I originally walked in DEC 12 Drove bought and my order was confirmned to be taken DEC 16 and then got serialized in Feb and built and now again in transport that your order would not have been recieved if the guy put it in it still one would think be there and built then shipped at most one a week to them ? :scratch: oh well I don't have one as yet either and will not believe I do until I take it away.
Old 4/5/05, 08:19 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by moc1976@April 1, 2005, 5:12 PM
I don't get it, I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. A pretty good sized city, with nearly 2 million people in the city and surrounding area. I have seen 2 GT's on the road here and one at a dealership, and heard about one at another dealership.

What the F? What, its cold here in the winter, so we don't get any 05 GTs

My dealer said they were getting one GT allocation a MONTH, yeah, a month. BS :notnice:

moc....I'm in 'natti, too. I ended up ordering one from Fairfield Ford (see sig). I picked it up 2 weeks ago. Interestingly, while I was waiting on my order, I looked at Kerry, Montgomery, Kings, Champion (KY), Man 'O War (Lexington). In all, from all of those dealers, I saw exactly 9 new GTs since January, in a two state area. Kings had two used ones they were selling at MSRP. Fairfield had mine, another black one w/o IUP (which I wanted), a yellow one and a silver one. Kerry had one silver one with IUP and ICAP (would have bought it but was willing to wait on my redfire). Montgomery had one redfire but it was an automatic. Man 'O War had 3 brand new ones in February but wouldn't honor X plan and wanted $1K over MSRP.

Fairfield and Kerry were the only ones willing to X plan for me. Fairfield said they still have allocation left. Not sure about Kerry. You might want to give them a shout, however.

Let me know if you go to Fairfield and I'll send you the Sales Manager's contact info.

Good Luck!
Old 4/5/05, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt+April 5, 2005, 8:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GottaHaveIt @ April 5, 2005, 8:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@April 1, 2005, 1:42 PM
I called my Regional Rep today to see if he had any idea on when I can expect my car to be serialized. He had some VERY discouraging news. He told me that my zone (41 dealerships) is getting an average of 1 (that's right, 1) GT a week!! He said there's a good chance I won't get an 05. Since I ordered on Dec. 7th, I'm very frustrated as I thought my car would be in my garage by now. I have searched inventories all over the place, but can't find a car identical to what I've ordered. I'm not going to settle for less than what I want, so I guess I may end up getting an 06. Sorry about the rant....but if anyone could understand, it'll be you guys.
That is so strange that if I originally walked in DEC 12 Drove bought and my order was confirmned to be taken DEC 16 and then got serialized in Feb and built and now again in transport that your order would not have been recieved if the guy put it in it still one would think be there and built then shipped at most one a week to them ? :scratch: oh well I don't have one as yet either and will not believe I do until I take it away.
[/b][/quote]

I think the allocation situation is alot better in Canada. I ordered from a really small dealership, and my order was held up slightly because of commodities, not allocation.

There are 2 dealers in Regina here. One of them has around 20 GTs on the lot, and the other has around 15.
Old 4/5/05, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Update: my salesman called the Regional Sales Manager and the Zone Head (correct terminology?) yesterday. He's calling his Select Dealer Council rep in Detroit today. He was told they will do what they can to get an allocation for me in the next couple of weeks. Time will tell I've got my fingers crossed
Old 4/5/05, 08:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[/quote]

Not flaming you here...but can you translate this into English so I can understand what you are talking about, thanks.