2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Type of anti theft system car comes with

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/06, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious, what is the active anti-theft sytem the car comes with? After installing my push button start with my car turned off I noticed the anti-theft system light was flashing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] This light, to my knowledge, had never flashed before with the car off. Also I did not order the anti-theft system with the car. Is this standard or did I somehow get the alarm installed accidently?
Old 2/8/06, 06:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 8, 2006, 6:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just curious, what is the active anti-theft sytem the car comes with? After installing my push button start with my car turned off I noticed the anti-theft system light was flashing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] This light, to my knowledge, had never flashed before with the car off. Also I did not order the anti-theft system with the car. Is this standard or did I somehow get the alarm installed accidently?
[/b][/quote]

Yes it's always been there. Even my cheap Ranger has that kind of anti-theft. It just means you can only start it
with a coded key.
NOW READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 8, 2006, 5:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

There are two Factory antitheft systems on the Mustang, one is standard and the second is optional.

1) The Passive Antitheft system
Coded keys prevent the car from being started except by a key with the proper electronic code, Blinking AntiTheft light.

2) The active AntiTheft system
Interior Motion sensor, Incline sensor and all features of option 1.
Old 2/9/06, 08:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to mention a second, independent horn.
Old 2/9/06, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 9, 2006, 10:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not to mention a second, independent horn.
[/b][/quote]

So, exactly, WHERE is this horn??? I have the active anti-theft (bought it for the key fob windows... ! That are disabled by Ford!!!!) and I have yet to find a second horn. Or hear one. It really would be amusing if there actually was on on my car...
Old 2/9/06, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 8, 2006, 6:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

pooty
Old 2/9/06, 08:55 PM
V6 Member

Dont forget the 05-06s with Active Anti-Theft also has a larger battery to sound the alarm longer.
Old 2/10/06, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RRRoamer @ February 9, 2006, 7:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So, exactly, WHERE is this horn??? I have the active anti-theft (bought it for the key fob windows... ! That are disabled by Ford!!!!) and I have yet to find a second horn. Or hear one. It really would be amusing if there actually was on on my car...
[/b][/quote]

Mine is in the trunk in the right rear wheel well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] From my testing, it only goes off with actual alarm activation... not the panic alarm.
Old 2/10/06, 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks! I never would have thought to look there.
Old 2/10/06, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RRRoamer @ February 10, 2006, 10:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! I never would have thought to look there.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I would never have found it if I had not had to tear out my trunk liner to run some wires for the sequentials. At first I didn't know what it was. I showed my service guys. They went [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] Another forum member came up with the .pdf of it. Goes to show this forum has alot of knowledgeable people. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]