TWO MORE WEEKS!

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/05, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received this from dealership;

Hi Simon

Are you sitting down?! (I guess so)

Ford Motor Company wants to do a Drive-away/Media blitz at Yonge-Dundas Square on Friday March 18 from 8:00am till 1:00pm.

The good news is that your baby, being our first will be there and you can drive her home from there (well, back to the dealership then home).

Let me know what you think. I have most of the details and will soon get the rest.

But that will mean you will have your baby on March 18.

Hear from you soon.

Thanx

Steve

Hope the snow melts by then.
I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Whiteoak is #1
Old 3/4/05, 03:03 PM
GT Member

what do ya know.. you ordered a month after me.
Old 3/4/05, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DeathMonk@March 4, 2005, 4:06 PM
what do ya know.. you ordered a month after me.
where are ya from and what did you order
Old 3/4/05, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

So Simon, when you get info on this "Drive Away" thing, let us know. Sounds sort of fun. And congrats, bet your vert will be cleaned and polished extra nice for something like that. Lucky guy!!!

Mark.
Old 3/4/05, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Original Sin@March 4, 2005, 8:14 PM
So Simon, when you get info on this "Drive Away" thing, let us know. Sounds sort of fun. And congrats, bet your vert will be cleaned and polished extra nice for something like that. Lucky guy!!!

Mark.
thanx mark,
more exciting than just picking it up from dealer.
Old 3/4/05, 07:39 PM
GT Member

That sounds like a great way to have your car delivered. Sure hope the weather is nice enough for you to take the top down. Sure hate to see you end up like the guy in the comercial on your first drive!
Old 3/4/05, 07:42 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

will your car be roped off or will people be allowed to crawl all over it...I'd check this out before I'd ok it...
Old 3/4/05, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rex@March 4, 2005, 8:45 PM
will your car be roped off or will people be allowed to crawl all over it...I'd check this out before I'd ok it...
i will be with her every mnute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/5/05, 08:39 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
You do realize you could get the car earlier than date, don't you?
Old 3/5/05, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@March 5, 2005, 9:42 AM
You do realize you could get the car earlier than date, don't you?

Ya i know, but with all the snow on the ground and we have more to come tomorrow, im in no hurrry.
This way is actually pretty cool. video tape for sure.
Old 3/5/05, 10:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Well good luck, It sounds good. But that's all i've gotten from ford sounds good. Same sort of deal was supposed to happen here in st. louis, but half the cars did'nt come in. Still waiting on mine. Supposedly arrived in yard last night. We will see, it is supposed to drop off today sometime. But notice I am using word supposed to a lot since I have been told so many darn different stories it is rediculous. I know I will never order a car again. I will pick one up from dealer. Ford has really hurt there reputation on letting this mustang out before they could actually make them in a respectable manner. I do certainly hope that yours goes better then mine.
Old 3/5/05, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by sodaman@March 5, 2005, 11:12 AM
Well good luck, It sounds good. But that's all i've gotten from ford sounds good. Same sort of deal was supposed to happen here in st. louis, but half the cars did'nt come in. Still waiting on mine. Supposedly arrived in yard last night. We will see, it is supposed to drop off today sometime. But notice I am using word supposed to a lot since I have been told so many darn different stories it is rediculous. I know I will never order a car again. I will pick one up from dealer. Ford has really hurt there reputation on letting this mustang out before they could actually make them in a respectable manner. I do certainly hope that yours goes better then mine.
Sodaman, I'm in the same boat as you. My car was built Jan. 25 and they won't ship it. I found a car almost idential to mine (only without the IUP) in Texas, and if I would have had the time this weekend, I would've gone to get the darn thing. Everyone in the country has them but the STL. I don't know what the deal is. I hear rumors ranging from any second now or until the end of March.
Who told you it's at the railyard? Did they mention if a torch red premium with IUP, alarm and machined wheels was next to it? I'm desperate for info.