2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Tuner and Gears question

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/09, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner and Gears question

So, right now I've got a Brenspeed tune and an SCT Xcal 3. I'm looking at getting 3.73's put in and have a question. I know that I can use the Xcal to correct the speedo for the new gears, but what happens if I return to stock tune for emissions/warranty work? Am I able to correct the rear end ratio setting with the Xcal without affecting anything else in the factory tune?
Old 11/29/09, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stangdude
So, right now I've got a Brenspeed tune and an SCT Xcal 3. I'm looking at getting 3.73's put in and have a question. I know that I can use the Xcal to correct the speedo for the new gears, but what happens if I return to stock tune for emissions/warranty work? Am I able to correct the rear end ratio setting with the Xcal without affecting anything else in the factory tune?
I just put 4.10s in my Bullitt, and I asked Chandler at Brenspeed the same question. He said that the ratio change is made by selecting an 'option' at the time you load a custom tune. When you return the car to stock tune, the stock ratio comes back too.
You cannot load the axle change by itself on top of the stock tune.