2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TSB on CD player

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/05, 08:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I am having the problems outlined in the TSB about the CD player in my 05 Stang. My major problem is the cd skipping back a few seconds and the bad disc error. Has anybody had the TSB performed on there Stang yet? If so how did the change over go? Did it fix your problems? Did your Stang look the same when you got it back? In other words did they dealer put the trip back in the correct way?
Old 3/30/05, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My dealer has a new radio on order. He expects it in 11 weeks. So I will let you know how it went later.
Old 3/30/05, 08:33 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am fixin on being on shaker #3..... :notnice:
Had it replaced, and it began acting a fool again on the road trip. Spitting out as bad discs, skipping songs, rewinding again.
Old 3/30/05, 08:43 AM
V6 Member

I took mine in to have it fixed, the dealership says

we've listened to the thing for 1 hour and no skips :bang: wth I can't go more than 2 songs and it acts up! they said they will get back with me on that issue.

and the gas tank they said sorry we went and put $10 and the pump didn't kick off :bang: It happens to me every fill up.

now I don't know what to do.....
Old 3/30/05, 08:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zach, tell them the TSB # for the tank. It is a known issue. Only happens to me at a specific pump and when the tank is empty. My gas tank is being replaced today. Also as for the cd player, mine is guaranteed to crap out when I am listening to disc 3 and then tell it to go to disc 1 or 6. After about 30 seconds I get the BAD Disc error. I showed the tech how it messes up because they couldn't get it to do it either. Once it says Bad Disc I hit the load button and the disc plays fine. I find mine normally only has the problem when you go to a different cd.
Old 3/30/05, 08:49 AM
Retired Tms Staff

April, if my head unit was replaced 3 times (Still waiting on the first replacement) I'd be bugging FORD for an aftermarket system that is reliable. Well, especially since I paid a lot extra for the Shaker 1000.
Old 3/30/05, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

My only Shaker problem is that it won't play CDs I burned with ITunes on my computer. It will play CDs I burned with ITunes on my daughter's computer. Since this is the only problem and I can work around it easily, I'll wait and see what happens.
Old 3/30/05, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dearborn, Michigan. 2005 Freestyle, F150, Five Hundred-Montego, Mustang, Focus and Freestyle vehicles made from 5-17-2004 through 2-24-2005 and equipped with a single or six disk CD player with MP3 capability may have a defective audio unit.

If a CD player skips, locks up when playing homemade CDs, displays "error" or "bad disk", will not accept CDs or is inoperative or inconsistent when playing CDRs, then the audio unit should be replaced by Ford under provisions of the new vehicle limited warranty.

Ford has already authorized your Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealer to replace the audio unit.

For more information, contact Ford at:

1-800-423-8851 or 1-800-325-5621 or click here for the Ford directory.

Updated at www.BlueOvalNews.com

===This is from www.BlueOvalNews.com . I'm on shaker #2,no problems yet.
Old 3/30/05, 09:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by RetroKid@March 30, 2005, 9:46 AM

we've listened to the thing for 1 hour and no skips :bang: wth I can't go more than 2 songs and it acts up! they said they will get back with me on that issue.
Similar to what happened to me. I told them there was a random problem. They said they did not find it. But the next day when I picked the car up, they said they just received the TSB, so they ordered me a radio.

Good timing I guess.
Old 3/30/05, 10:11 AM
V6 Member

I even took in the TSB reports and showed the guy he says :scratch:

then when I go to pick up my ride he tell's me I basically found out the same information that you have for the TSB's....

ok... so are you gonna fix it? well since we couldn't get the car to act up as you reported we can't really do nothing :bang:

anyway he said there was another guy that said he has had the same problem and when they checked his out they couldn't get his to act up either. He's gonna call me back Friday to let me know if there gonna fix it I guess.
Old 3/30/05, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Adrenalin, same prob here. I can take the disc out put it in another slot and it plays fine. Also, if you put in an mp3 disc in after you take a different one out, it tags it as the previous songs but plays the current songs but some songs get lost. They need to totally rework this thing!
Old 3/30/05, 10:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Zach, kick the guy in the ding-ding and have him replace it. It doesn't cost the dealership anything to replace it. It is a known issue whether he likes it or not. I'd be pretty persistant if I were you. Is there a different FORD service center in your area that you could go to?
Old 3/30/05, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm on Shaker #2, the B series. So far the only problem I've had with the second one is the cutting off of the songs beginning and end. It is annoying, but I'm not sure if this is an actuall issue or not.

My car is getting a new gas tank today also Adrenalin, I hope this fixes the fueling problem!
Old 3/30/05, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I took my stang in for it, they have to order one for you. it should be the "B" series you want, not A. It took about 1 1/2 weeks to come in but problem solved after "b" series installed.

Matt
Old 3/30/05, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Yeah John I felt like it

but no matter what they say, the problems are gonna be fixed I don't care if I gotta take the guy to 5 gas stations myself!

He's calling me Friday can't wait to hear some
Old 3/30/05, 11:15 AM
FR500 Member

The shaker problem is the only problem I really have with this car (other than the popping around the struts)... knock on wood. I get the bad disc error probably once a week. But, I'll wait a bit to make sure they have all the bugs out. I don't want to get the radio replaced and have it do it again. Like with the popping struts... some had them replaced to have them popping again. I'll wait another couple months and bring it in for the TSB's and hopefully then they'll have the proper fix.
Old 3/30/05, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had all the reported problems with my Shaker 500... cd skipping, bad disc errors, cutting off the ends of tracks. The self-test (hold 3 and 6 while in am/fm mode) showed I had an A series. I took it to the dealer a few weeks ago and asked for a B series replacement. They pulled it to confirm then ordered a a new one.

When I went in Monday, I had printed out the TSB (05-06-09 - it's posted on several Mustang forums) and gave it to them, making sure to point out there is a PMI (programmable module installation) that needs to be performed to get the backlighting to work. From what I've been hearing, many dealers have overlooked this step. The lad went over the TSB carefully, circled this bit and said, "Now that's important information!"

Less than an hour later I drove off the lot... no problems yet!
Old 3/30/05, 11:58 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hellcat6@March 30, 2005, 10:09 AM
My only Shaker problem is that it won't play CDs I burned with ITunes on my computer. It will play CDs I burned with ITunes on my daughter's computer. Since this is the only problem and I can work around it easily, I'll wait and see what happens.
Hey man u gota make sure the files u put on ur cd are mp3 and not any other format...the system wont read wma's either just mp3s...
Old 3/30/05, 12:48 PM
GT Member

Thanks for all the input on the issue. My local dealership today had to pull out my Shaker 500 system to get the part number off the unit to order the correct part number to order the new unit. Its sad to see your Mustang GT taken apart for a simple part number. However it was simple to put back together again and I was on my way. They informed me that they would give me a call when my new unit arrives.
Old 3/30/05, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah my B series is on order....

Quick Reply: TSB on CD player