2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TSB 05-9-11

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 12:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I called South Bay Ford, I was told the same thing. Well.. needless to say, I wasn't going to accept that as the final answer so I was in touch with the service manager's boss who happened to be sitting with the Parts manager at the time.. Long story short.. they are going to order an entire kit under my name and call me when the parts are in.. They'll verify and fix the problem within the same day.
Old 5/5/05, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by chorpeac@May 5, 2005, 10:58 AM
I spoke to my dealer today, and they said they could order the parts now, but they wanted me to bring it in to make sure there was a problem.

Did anyone else have to bring in their car for them to test for this problem?
I took my car to the dealer last week to order a new Shaker 500 and while there I mentioned about the popping in the front end (that this TSB addresses) and he told me that they have to look at the car before ordering the parts for the front end. So on Saturday it's back to the dealer to have the front end checked, then sometime next week I'll be in a rental for a day so they can replace the radio and front end parts.
Old 5/5/05, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann+May 5, 2005, 6:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike McRann @ May 5, 2005, 6:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-chorpeac@May 5, 2005, 10:58 AM
I spoke to my dealer today, and they said they could order the parts now, but they wanted me to bring it in to make sure there was a problem.

I took my car to the dealer last week to order a new Shaker 500 and while there I mentioned about the popping in the front end (that this TSB addresses) and he told me that they have to look at the car before ordering the parts for the front end. So on Saturday it's back to the dealer to have the front end checked, then sometime next week I'll be in a rental for a day so they can replace the radio and front end parts.
[/b][/quote]
make sure they have all the parts and you ensure this before you let them start working on the car. Mine is in limbo now up on a lift waiting for a part to come. At least i have a free loaner from the dealer.
Old 5/6/05, 01:19 AM

I took mine to the dealer yesterday for my 5000 mile service, the gas tank, front strut popping, and the radio fix. He called to day and said all but the gas tank is done and it is supposed to be in Saturday.

Of course when I went in and told him everything I wanted done he stood there looking at me like a cow staring at a new gate until I whipped out the TSB's that I had printed from the forum. Once I gave him those he said they would get them fixed. I don't really like the truck they gave me to drive in the mean time, but I guess you can't have it all.
Old 5/6/05, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by chorpeac@May 5, 2005, 11:58 AM

I did. Kinda. I had the car in previously for the same problem. They thought it was the steering column. So they fixed that. I came back and said it still pops and here is the TSB. He said they would have to verify it first to make sure that is the problem before ordering. I was upset becasue I told the guy I will have to come in for a few hours and disrupt my day for you to verify what we already know - and you did not fix the first time.

I went in the morning and was waiting. The actual mechanic drove by and saw me. He said he already ordered the parts and told me to go home. He would call when they came in.
Old 5/6/05, 08:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

When you take in for a TSB you will get cards mailed directly from Ford with a list of all ordered parts.
Michael
Old 5/6/05, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

My service advisor had driven my car in the past, and knew the problem was there. The day the TSB came out I emailed him a copy of it. He called me and told me he had all of the parts on order. My build date was prior to Febuary so I had to have all of the parts ordered. He called me yesterday to tell me all of the parts have arrived. Wasn't any hold up at all on getting them, and did not have to take the car in to have it done.
Old 5/6/05, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

darn it...the dealer knows my car was build before that date, because I was their first car!! This moron says he needs to have the suspension guy check it out and make sure the parts are bad...whatever dude! It is making the darn noise! I hear it everyday, just order the juice!
Old 5/7/05, 11:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I posted a few days ago my service advisor called me a few days ago to let me know the new Shaker-500 came in and wanted to schedule an appointment to drop the car off so they could install the new radio, and when I had him on the phone I mentioned the TSB on the front end and told him to order the parts and I would bring the car in when the parts arrive so that they could make all the repairs at the same time.

He told me that I would have to bring the car in so the mechanics could check out the car to find out what was needed, then they would order the parts.
So this morning I stopped by the dealer, and when the service advisor saw me come in he told me that the mechanic was well aware of the TSB and the parts have been ordered.

Once the parts come in I'll drop off the car off after work and get a rental for a day while the repairs are made.
Old 5/8/05, 03:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

my parts came in on thursday and i am taking it in on tuesday to get it done and finnaly have the new gas tank installed too
Old 5/8/05, 06:43 AM
GT Member

Had my strut mounts replaced with the new type....I don't see a spring rubber fixing this problem for long. The popping occurs when the bearings inside of the strut mounts are screwed up. They sit in a tiny race that sit inside of the ABS strut mount and that race breaks easily. I have had to rebuild this item, so I know it pretty darn well
Old 5/8/05, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

The rubber is a tubular piece that slides over the bottom coil of the spring and is supposed to be positioned four inches from the end of the coil. That is according to the tsb my service manager brought up on his computer . Iam still waiting for the parts to come in.
Old 5/8/05, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

The rubber is a tubular piece that slides over the bottom coil of the spring and is supposed to be positioned four inches from the end of the coil. That is according to the tsb my service manager brought up on his computer . I am still waiting for the parts to come in.
Old 5/8/05, 07:46 AM
GT Member

I don't see that helping anything. I saved the rubber from my stock springs..wanna buy them?
Old 5/8/05, 07:47 AM
GT Member

Are you guys just calling the dealer and telling them you need them to order parts for that TSB #, or what? I don't really want the dealer looking/driving my car to find a problem I already know what the solution is.
Old 5/8/05, 07:55 AM
GT Member

On mine Snikt, mine blew out, I did some research (before TSB) and found out about Ford's strut mount problem and new parts coming out. Not a piece of rubber, a new strut mount. My service manager knew of my problem and ordered the new one for me that was blown out Also, went ahead and replaced the other side "while they already have the car apart" But if you have no problem, I would not mess with it.
Old 5/9/05, 08:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Snikt@May 8, 2005, 7:50 AM
Are you guys just calling the dealer and telling them you need them to order parts for that TSB #, or what? I don't really want the dealer looking/driving my car to find a problem I already know what the solution is.
You can call, but as you can read here, the dealer usually wants to see the car first to make sure you aren't just saying you need new parts. And to verify that is the exact problem. PIA, I know.

I told mine there is no need to test drive it on the road. All you need to do is stop the car, then slowly do a U-Turn. It happened everytime.
Old 5/9/05, 11:37 AM
GT Member

my car's been in limbo since last tuesday waiting for one of the parts to come in. Now they tell me that they have no idea when the part is coming in and they'll put it back together the way it was and call me when it comes in. So 1 week without my car with all the beautiful weather for nothing :bang:
Old 5/9/05, 01:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well if it makes you feel any better, my dealer wouldn't even put the bell housing bolts in without first driving the car to diagnose. That didn't go over too well...

Neither did the fact that they made me bring back my car the next morning, because they guaranteed that all of the TSB-related parts would be in. I asked them to confirm, since I had heard they were on back order. But again, they claimed they'd be in. As you can probably imagine, I got a call later in the day informing me that none of the parts came in, and that they don't know when they'll be coming in. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased. And dealers wonder why customers hate bringing their cars in...
Old 5/10/05, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by RMac@May 9, 2005, 1:58 PM
TSB-related parts would be in.
They said that about to me last time I went in. I said how about you give me a call when they ACTUALLY come in, not SHOULD come in.

Sure enough, like your case, they were supposed to be there the next day. It actually took a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: TSB 05-9-11