2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TSB 05-9-11

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/05, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEll didnt know where to post this. I figure tsb area is just for the actual tsb. I had emailed my service mgr about the tsb and he said he would order them, gave me information on the tsb, was very freindly about getting the parts. WEll he sent me a message this morning concerning parts availability. Can anyone confirm what he has stated here, ford parts guys? Any info on availability of these new tsb parts. THAnks for any info.

DAN,

OK ,WHAT DID I TELL YOU ,I KNOW FORD TO GOOD PART # 5R3Z-5L302-A WAS NOT A NUMBER WHICH WAS SHOWING UP ON THE PARTS LIST FOR THIS TSB SO WE CHECKED INTO IT AND IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED AS OF 5/2/05 IT IS ON D99 STATUS FOR NOW WHICH MEANS FORD IS HAVING VENDOR ISSUE'S THIS BASICALLY MEANS IT COULD BE AVAILABLE LATTER TODAY OR A WEEK FROM NOW I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS THINGS PROGRESS

I WILL TYPE AT YOU SOON!!
Old 5/3/05, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

You should add a comment saying what the nature of the TSB is. Part Numbers don't mean much to most of us.
Old 5/3/05, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, really. Could this post be any more cryptic?
Old 5/3/05, 10:00 AM
Cobra R Member

WEll I figured everyone would know about this tsb by now. It is due to the front popping noise from front end, at slow speeds turning left and right. It was released last week and is already plenty of info on it in the site. I was trying to find out about the parts availability from a fords part guy if possible. If you would like to know about the tsb persay, please read the sticky, titled technical service bulletins.
Old 5/3/05, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 5L302 is the spring seat, that will take the most time to get.
Old 5/3/05, 10:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Wade sonic thank you for your response, at least someone knows what i am talking about. Do you know the actual status, and how long is long. I am assuming they will not do any of it, until all parts are in stock. So I am guessing the service guy is right on his response.
Old 5/3/05, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

That 5L302 has no eta. Ford is saying the part will be off back order 5/13/05. If your service dept did an emergency order, you should be able to get it sooner.
Old 5/3/05, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

hahaha...an emergency order...LOL....everyone emergency order these parts, and we get no where...
Old 5/3/05, 12:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This has been in the TSB sticky since last week.
Old 5/3/05, 03:47 PM
Cobra R Member

no actually this question was just asked today, if you have no input other than gibberish, please do not input. I asked a question trying to get an answer from a ford parts person. He answered, and I found out what I wanted to know. Its people like these that make this place worse. You ever heard dont say anything if you dont have anything nice to say. Well same goes here. If you have nothing to offer to the topic at hand, please find somewhere else to learn typing skills. Thank you wade sonic for your replies. Wanted to make sure my dealer guy was on the up and up.
Old 5/3/05, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

called my service dept today and they said they ordered the parts for me today and should have them before the end of the week
Old 5/3/05, 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Good luck turbo, thats what mine said then said, one of the parts is on back order, like my topic states. But maybe all the rest will come in. My service guy is super nice, so I am pretty sure he is on the up and up. As well as wade sonic tuned in and said they are saying 5/13 to be off back order, so maybe with any luck I might have all the parts in a couple of weeks. Good luck with yours. Let me know if you get it all. Alo has something to do with date of build on what parts they replace.
Old 5/3/05, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Personally, I think people with vindictive, snappy, self-involved attitudes, who should heed their own advice (about saying nothing at all if they have nothing nice to say) before they attack valuable members of the community is what makes this place worse. But that's just my opinion.

Good luck on getting your parts.
Old 5/3/05, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

You're very helpful. Thanks for posting and keeping us informed.

EDIT: Removed sarcasm and ill-tempered reply.
Old 5/3/05, 09:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Well hey, I am sorry if I was condescending celtic, not my intention. Like I said this tsb had already been spoken of and everyone was waiting on a fix, So I was not aware with are sticky technical service bulletin area, that people would not know what I was talking about. But to be honest I wasnt asking the general person. I was asking a ford parts/service person who would know what I was talking about. Wasnt trying to be a smart hiney or anything. My apologies. As for the other worthless topic stealers, I do not apologize.
If you are so worthy, let me just bow to you. I had a question. I asked it. Someone chimed in saying it was in the sticky technical service bulletin, Now ask yourself how can a question I asked be in a sticky technical service bulletin. Well if you thought about it, your answer would be, well it cant be unless I typed it up. Which I am sure I would remember. not adding or helping my question or contributing to anything except better typing. If you cant see that oh well, nothing off my baXXZ. But yes I do want to let people know that when your not helping, why even try. So you can get higher number of posts or something. I come here because I love mustangs, and have been a mechanic for the better part of my adult life. So I like modding, looking at peoples mods etc. But I dont read a topic then say, hey you know what someone asked that same question 8 years ago. I asked a question, which too me is not in any screwing sticky about backorder to a parts person or someone that might know, that person, wade sonic or kcstang etc. They chimed in and very nicely answered my question, didnt just fill space, so they could have one more post. I try to help people here that have mechanical issues etc. I dont post for no reason. Which apparently some of you like to do, and dont want to be called out on it, sounds like another altoid. Well get over it. Instead of wasting time taking over someones topic, take the time to think of one yourself, or maybe , you know what maybe actually help someone with a question. Get a lot more done in life, trying to help people, instead of wasted space. Again thank you wade sonic for your assistance, as it seems your one of the few people around here that like to help as well. My apologies to anyone else that happens to read this posting. Question has been answered and it seems people just want to make it a happy posting area. LOLOLOL
Old 5/3/05, 09:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the update on the parts availability for the front end problem (TSB 05-9-11). I took my car to the dealer last week to order a new Shaker 500 for my car, and when that comes in I have to leave the car at the dealer overnight as I'm working when the radio guy is at the dealership.
I was hoping to get the front end taken care of at the same time so I don't have to take the car back for the front end in the future.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if they can hold on to the new Shaker until the front end parts come in, and then I'll bring the car in.
Old 5/4/05, 08:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My parts came in yesterday. My car is currently being repaired as I type this. The dealer ordered three sets to fix other cars too. As far as I know, his are all in.
Old 5/4/05, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Apologies, Sodaman. I was a little hasty in posting, and I overreacted when I read what you said in reply. I appreciate your contribution to the topic at hand. I only wish your initial post mentioned the popping problem. I've heard about that problem before, but had no idea you were referring to it in your thread. At least not at first. No hard feelings, bud. eace:
Old 5/4/05, 08:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for your reply celtic. Like I said, not really thinking about it, the topic had been posted so many times, I just assumed that everyone new about the tsb, as I know I was watching for to show up, since it happens on my car. No biggey, and I am not mad at anyone. I just wish if people wanted to post at least try to be helpful to the topic. Dont just say, someone already stated that. What good does that do for me or you or anyone. I just got frustrated, because some people just seem to come in and type in insults, try to make you feel like your stupid or something. I just hate smart hiney people, thinking they know it all, when in actuality they and I have a lot to learn. I think a day you dont learn something is a wasted day. Anyway enough of my rambling. All I say is if you dont have anything to contribute, then dont. Thats my stance and I am sticking to it.
Old 5/5/05, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I spoke to my dealer today, and they said they could order the parts now, but they wanted me to bring it in to make sure there was a problem.

Did anyone else have to bring in their car for them to test for this problem?

Quick Reply: TSB 05-9-11