2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Trouble with Tillman

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/07, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
First Bama, now Tillman. What a shame. Businesses who are loyal to their customer create customers who are loyal to them. With prices being so competitive between companies like Bama/Tillman/Brenspeed, etc - service is what sets you apart.
Whatever the reason for the drastic change in service levels, the bottom line is there is a drastic negative change in service level. And this drives my choice, and it makes it very simple for me to remove these kind of vendors from my list of who I would potentially do business with. So I get the pencil out and cross off my list Tillman, BAMA, ect, ect......... No hard feelings, no confrontation, just a simple choice.

The upside is I get to try out some new vendors such as Brenspeed, actually I've used Brenspeed in the past and they were outstanding, so now with my list narrowed I'll use Brenspeed or MGW or SHR for items I might not have considered them for.

Such a shame but the challenge is for a business to scale appropriately as they grow.
Old 12/7/07, 09:59 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by philster2003
Whatever the reason for the drastic change in service levels, the bottom line is there is a drastic negative change in service level. And this drives my choice, and it makes it very simple for me to remove these kind of vendors from my list of who I would potentially do business with. So I get the pencil out and cross off my list Tillman, BAMA, ect, ect......... No hard feelings, no confrontation, just a simple choice.

The upside is I get to try out some new vendors such as Brenspeed, actually I've used Brenspeed in the past and they were outstanding, so now with my list narrowed I'll use Brenspeed or MGW or SHR for items I might not have considered them for.

Such a shame but the challenge is for a business to scale appropriately as they grow.
Hey There,

Customer service is the key to survival anymore. It takes a while to build a good reputation as having great customer service, but only a short time to destroy that image.

Page
Old 12/7/07, 10:04 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
What kinda cracks me up about this is..... does anyone remember last winter when this vendor joined here? It was constant, constant posting about pricing, service, etc. Someone could start a thread about an item and this vendor would jump in with "we have those instock for $xxx delivered! Call or PM me!!" and all that kind of stuff.
I remember that, I kinda poked fun at him a little for always jumping into threads. I remember someone started a thread about having failure with an aluminium driveshaft. Tillman hoped right in and was immediately trying to sell the guy another one I had good experience with Tillman in the past though.
Old 12/7/07, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

There are way too many top notch companies out there for the consumer to have to settle for no responses and the typical forums statement, "Wait for them, they're the best". No they're not, there's plenty of others.
Old 12/7/07, 12:01 PM
Cobra R Member

i hear ya, but i also believe that everyones human, and sometimes there are just extenuating circumstances.

and anyone local, just stop in at the shop. they're good people
Old 12/7/07, 12:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know when we moved back in 2005 I closed my e-store, stopped all my auctions and even emailed repeat buyers and suppliers I was suppling at the time. After we settled in business was slow to go but we were back at 100% within 45 days and never looked back. That is until my partner decided his wife wanted a divorce and I learned she had juggled the books for 3 years, they are still paying back taxes and I started over. Lesson learned, never let a partner do the books, send them out.
Old 12/7/07, 02:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
I remember that, I kinda poked fun at him a little for always jumping into threads. I remember someone started a thread about having failure with an aluminium driveshaft. Tillman hoped right in and was immediately trying to sell the guy another one I had good experience with Tillman in the past though.
MAN you guys really turn on someone in a heartbeat.

Give CR a break. He has provided top-notch service since he got here and has always been willing to help us (myself included) but the first time he stumbles you are all over him like a cheap suit.

Geeez you guys, cut him a bit of slack. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for his silence - after all he IS moving this week.
Old 12/7/07, 04:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
I know when we moved back in 2005 I closed my e-store, stopped all my auctions and even emailed repeat buyers and suppliers I was suppling at the time. After we settled in business was slow to go but we were back at 100% within 45 days and never looked back. That is until my partner decided his wife wanted a divorce and I learned she had juggled the books for 3 years, they are still paying back taxes and I started over. Lesson learned, never let a partner do the books, send them out.
That's customer service...
Old 12/7/07, 07:52 PM
GT Member

I can understand why it would be hard for a one man shop to stay constantly in contact with customers all year long. However if they have something that keeps them away from the office and phone for a few days, it takes just a few minutes to change your voicemail recording and put a note on your website. Or hire a temp to answer emails and the phone. There's no excuse for bad customer service.
Old 12/7/07, 08:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
MAN you guys really turn on someone in a heartbeat.

Give CR a break. He has provided top-notch service since he got here and has always been willing to help us (myself included) but the first time he stumbles you are all over him like a cheap suit.

Geeez you guys, cut him a bit of slack. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for his silence - after all he IS moving this week.
I never turned on him Art... I would still buy parts from him in the future once he gets back on board because he was really helpful for me when I had questions. I was just agreeing with Toms post.
Old 12/7/07, 09:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
If he was in the middle of moving or whatever, that's poor planning on his part.

Never did business with him but in any business, hell with any type of a relationship, work, romance, etc. etc., lack of communication is a killer.

Now with no responses like this, I would say first I hope he is OK and something didn't happen to him.
Old 12/7/07, 09:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had a problem with him at all.
Old 12/7/07, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone just needs to post that they can get a part for a certain price and he will pop back up saying he can beat it!
Old 12/8/07, 01:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Someone just needs to post that they can get a part for a certain price and he will pop back up saying he can beat it!
Old 12/8/07, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Name the part!

Honestly I have had some ****ty response time since the SEMA show. When we got back, we started work on our new facilities. Paint, dyno installation, lift installation, copper plumbing, air lines, electricity, another lift installation, acid washing the floors, epoxying the floors, hanging banners.... we've been working every day until no earlier than like 10:30PM trying to get this building done. I've only had ONE day off (Sunday Nov 18th) in over a month and a half. No complaining, but it makes it tough to get my messages and email down at the new shop. The funny comment was "no phones, no internet, no fax". We were supposed to be in this building september 18th, and construction has killed us. We are just now having our grand opening after our front office is finished. We literally DONT have phones, internet, or fax down there. We've been waiting on Verizon for over 6 weeks now. We've got our phone jacks hooked up, and everything ran to a coil of wire waiting for Verizon to run to the street. So they come out Thursday and run it to the street, and they need some junction box to hook up all of the different lines in the building. So we're like cool, probably this afternoon? Their answer was "nah. We'll have you done Monday or Tuesday, we didn't bring a box with us." I've heard every excuse in the book. Verizon told me the one time they came out that "they didn't have 300 foot of line" to hook us up. You're telling me one of the largest phone service providers in the country is backordered on cables?

Anyway, we're back in full affect this upcoming week. Verizon should have us set up and you will see us return back to normal. I've given alot of my customers my personal cell number to call on since we've been unable to be reached at our regular location. (610)497-9683 will be the number to get ahold of me as soon as our phone service is set. I will post pictures of the building up in a week or so. We have 3500+ square feet worth of HAND PAINTED black and white checkers and red walls.

The place is coming together quite nice, and I have plenty of dyno charts and results I can post up from the past couple weeks. We have some install job pictures as well.

I have straightened out the issues that we had with a missed-credit on a returned item. All items have been shipped out. We've got 5 employees here, but only 4 of them work full time. One is saturday only. So that leaves one guy at the retail storefront, 2 full time techs down at the new shop, and me in sales up here and dyno tuning down there back and forth every day 100 times. There's no real excuse, but once verizon has us set up (praying for monday or tuesday) I'll be able to run sales out of there and be able to get back to everyone within the same business day again, and 90% of the time you'll be able to get right through to me. I've got all the new numbers in my signature. After this weekend, we should be rolling again.

Thanks for your patience. I know we had about 4 weeks of slow-response, but the end result will be worth it. Quality service work, cheaper pricing on parts, fast shipping, and quality tuning will be the end result.

Thanks for your patience during our transition period.

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed, Inc.
Old 12/8/07, 10:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Congrats on the new shop, thats gotta be fun ...Glad to see your back on board with us
Old 12/8/07, 11:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew he'd come through. Verizon is the devil!!
Old 12/8/07, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

good to hear.
Old 12/8/07, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Moving a business can be a pain... glad to see everything is done.
Old 12/8/07, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Name the part!
Classic CR... Congrats on the business moving up!!

Quick Reply: Trouble with Tillman