2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

tourists in NYC taking pics of my car! :)

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/07, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tourists in NYC taking pics of my car! :)

hi all,

so from time to time, i just park my stang in front of my condo building on Centra Park South. There is 1 legal spot there on sundays only. my doorman watches the car for me. more often, ferrari's and bentleys are parked here because Ritz Carlton is a few buildings down.

I come out and just hang out in front and tourists are taking pics of my car!

again, ignoring the grey 360 modena parked right in front of me

just thought i'd share this. many years later...still a rare and great looking car!

man! ford did great with the body shape
Old 12/1/07, 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
pretty cool!
Old 12/1/07, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's a pretty cool thing to be happening now.

I had an '05 in january of '05 and a few people tried to take pictures, among other things. At first it was cool. But it didn't take long before it turned into:

Do not TOUCH MY CAR.
Do not photograph ME in my car.
Stop starring at my car because you are about to wreck your own.
If you want to know what the inside looks like so bad, then BUY ONE. Meanwhile clean your dang fingerprints off my windows.
Leave me alone.
Do not TOUCH MY CAR (this really infuriated me, and people did it all the time. If I saw them from a distance I would hit the panic button on my key fob to see if I could induce heart attack or stroke. Morons.)

Old 12/1/07, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Funny you should mention NYC...
I have recently noticed quite a few modified late model Stangs around and about the City. More so than usual. And I wonder as I pass them on my way home, how many if any of them are TMS members...
Old 12/1/07, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

You are correct they did do a good job and its got to be a good feeling having to see your car be the center of attention.
Old 12/1/07, 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

maybe once a week ill take mine into work (south street) but only when its sunny out. and ive had plenty of people compliment me on my car. some went alittle crazy YELLING at me, thats a f*ckin sweet car! (screaming it like a psycho) and i just smile and say thanks. others will want to race or when i get in the holland tunnel to go home they will pull up next to me and ask me to rev it, which i always do.

but yea sometimes its nice to get the attention and sometimes its definetely unwanted like MustangLynda said. when people touch it i get pretty ****ed off. it has NO fingerprints on it, i try to keep it swirl free and your all over it??? get the hell outta here. once at a local car show some douchebag was actually leaning up against mine while he was bragging about his S197 that was parked RIGHT NEXT TO MINE! i looked at him and calmly said, alittle respect goes a long way ya know? and then he looked at me like i was the @sshole.

but anyways........good story Yao. loving the fact that they ignored an exotic to check out some good ol' american muscle!
Old 12/1/07, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats crazy! lol i still stare at S197 gt's. lol i cant help it.

our police force has 3 new dodge charger and they have been dying to race me. but not on the streets of course, they have a little track thing.
Old 12/1/07, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi all,

so from time to time, i just park my stang in front of my condo building on Centra Park South. There is 1 legal spot there on sundays only. my doorman watches the car for me. more often, ferrari's and bentleys are parked here because Ritz Carlton is a few buildings down.

just thought i'd share this. many years later...still a rare and great looking car!

x2!! Thats the truth!!
Old 12/1/07, 01:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Before you know it you're going to be charging them and making your car profit with the profits!

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi all,

Old 12/1/07, 04:15 PM
GT Member

seriously, why would you get a Ferrari in GREY? lol...
Old 12/1/07, 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks everyone for posting! :)

haha!

thanks everyone. such an enjoyable thread with comical posts. giving me some good smiles and early evening relaxing!

i want to respond to each of you individiallly as i always try to but im laughing too much to type right now! haha!

LOL....sonicblue said: "seriously, why would you get a Ferrari in GREY?"...im dying!! ahahhaha
Old 12/1/07, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SonicBlue2005GT
seriously, why would you get a Ferrari in GREY? lol...
Same reason I have an Alloy Stang, to be sleathy on the Hwy. I wanted a torch red one. Red is not a sleath color.
Old 12/1/07, 06:55 PM
GTR Member

still waiting on new pics Yao
Old 12/1/07, 08:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
still waiting on new pics Yao
+100
Old 12/1/07, 09:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda

I had an '05 in january of '05 and a few people tried to take pictures, among other things. At first it was cool. But it didn't take long before it turned into:

Do not TOUCH MY CAR.
If you want to know what the inside looks like so bad, then BUY ONE. Meanwhile clean your dang fingerprints off my windows.
Leave me alone.
Do not TOUCH MY CAR (this really infuriated me, and people did it all the time. If I saw them from a distance I would hit the panic button on my key fob to see if I could induce heart attack or stroke. Morons.)

WHAT LMFAO!!!
Old 12/1/07, 10:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda

Do not TOUCH MY CAR.
Leave me alone.

That or this is so funny, sadly true , I've done the same things at time or I will even have my motion cam set up inside and if the proximity is breached, they get a surprise, & I get a nice picture or video of the whole thingy. Admiration is cool but the craziness I don't much care for. Thanks for making me laugh today Lynda !
Old 12/1/07, 10:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone is taking pics of Yao's car except Yao!!! What is this???

BB
Semper Fi
Old 12/1/07, 11:20 PM
Cobra Member

I actually know of a guy who felt he had to get rid of his Saleen because of all the unwanted attention. I don't think I would've gone that far, but I thought it was a bit humorous...
Old 12/2/07, 01:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I actually know of a guy who felt he had to get rid of his Saleen because of all the unwanted attention. I don't think I would've gone that far, but I thought it was a bit humorous...
well, the attention isn't always positive... owning a unique car seems to really bring out the jealous idiots and a$$holes as well.
Old 12/2/07, 07:08 AM
Cobra Member

boltz, jonco..wuts up bros?

i PROMISE! pics soon. i havent had a chance lately and no car wash either

Quick Reply: tourists in NYC taking pics of my car! :)