2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

TOP GEAR's Jeremy Clarkson Reviews Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/05, 09:55 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 69mach@September 28, 2005, 5:37 PM
If it was not for the USA in WW II his only choices would be mercedes or VW!!!
Or Audi.

I think someone should email BBC TOP GEAR this thread, "Attention: Jeremy Clarkson"

Be fun if he came on here.
Old 9/28/05, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American cars wouldn't be so darn expensive to them if they didn't put such heavy tariffs on them. If the corvette sold in Europe, along with the stang, at the same price as here they would outsell pretty much all of the comparable cars over there. American motor companys don't really have the chance to work on things like BMW does seeing how they really are limited market wise. If American motor companys could sell in Europe I could see them making much better quality cars for less.
Old 9/28/05, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

"In Europe we talk about style and how fast a car accelerates. In America they talk about how many horse boxes their trucks can pull and how much torque the engine produces."

Alright this guy is a stereotyping racist and should be shot. He can officially go to heck and I swear to you I will never watch his show ever again. He doesn't consider the mustang or the corvette a sports car? F him. The C6 Corvette Z06 will put him in his place. How can he answer to the C6R's success, along with the Old Viper's success at Le Mans in the endurance racing etc?
He only likes the Ford GT because the british first designed it. If he ever comes to the states I will fly to where ever he is at and punch him right square in the mouth. Most ignorant person EVER.
Old 9/29/05, 12:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jonathan;
Quit Holding Back and tell us how you really Feel.

Old 9/29/05, 01:36 AM

On the statement he made comparing the Mustang to a BMW.... now that is where he lost a lot of credibility in his commentary in my opinion.

You see, before ordering my GT, I test drove all the 3 series and a 5... also a Merc CLK500...and of course a Porsche.

Friends and colleagues insisted that these cars are the only way to go. Now while I agree they are all very nice to drive and well engineered, they are also completely over priced.

I picked the GT in the end because it has all the power, looks, fun and most important ...value. Comparing the Mustang with value in the equation is a completely different story. In fact, when I drove the 3 series, I was quite disappointed in what you actually get for 70-90K. For that kind of cash, the expectations are high.. very high.

After ordering the car I discovered to my delight that this forum existed which has a super atmosphere of excitement and with members who are very supportive and helpful.

Looking to get my Tungsten Grey, Red interior and 18" wheels by Mid October.
Old 9/29/05, 01:38 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by TehSLeeper@September 28, 2005, 9:12 PM
"In Europe we talk about style and how fast a car accelerates. In America they talk about how many horse boxes their trucks can pull and how much torque the engine produces."

Alright this guy is a stereotyping racist and should be shot. He can officially go to heck and I swear to you I will never watch his show ever again. He doesn't consider the mustang or the corvette a sports car? F him. The C6 Corvette Z06 will put him in his place. How can he answer to the C6R's success, along with the Old Viper's success at Le Mans in the endurance racing etc?
He only likes the Ford GT because the british first designed it. If he ever comes to the states I will fly to where ever he is at and punch him right square in the mouth. Most ignorant person EVER.
Not to add fuel to the fire - ahh, okay, I'm adding fuel to the fire - but Jeremy Clarkson is 6'4" and a BIG guy. Punch him in the mouth and he's likely to pile-drive you into the ground and make you cry like a baby.

And honestly, I don't consider that sentence of his that you quoted to be remotely racist. Bit of a dig? Yes. Racist? No.