2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Timing's way off (a/k/a "New Mustang!")

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/06, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put me down for a YOU SUCK too. I waited 5 months.

Congrats on your new Stang and thank the Mustang Building Gods you didn't wait long. It's been BRUTAL!

HERE'S SOME NANAS FOR YA......

I gave you one nana for every week you waited.
Old 9/14/06, 07:05 PM

Has anyone ever heard a car selected for "emmisions testing" , My GT/CS was scheduled for delivery next week 9/22. However Ford said it was selected for emmisions testing and will be delayed for 6-8 weeks! My dealer has tried everything...with no luck.
Old 9/14/06, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Congrats on the new stang. Looks great. Talk about long waits, when I ordered my 05 GT, I had to wait four months for delivery. My wife says that was the worst four months she can remember.
Old 9/14/06, 07:54 PM
GT Member

All of you can't beat my order-to-receive time frame... From ordering to recieving my car was under ONE DAY! I went into my dealer one day to place my order. Once I went over what I wanted, he goes "Hmmmm, well, I think we recieved a car like that today!" We go back in the back lot where they keep there just-detailed off the trailer cars. They were getting ready to move it to the front lot and we stopped them. I recieved it with a whopping 5 miles on it. Took it for a test drive and I felt the "Mustang Fever" and the "gotta-have-it-now!!!!!" urge. Signed all the paperwork as fast as my hand could go... I guess it was my lucky day! Should have bought a lottery ticket! haha
Old 9/14/06, 08:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mjjrkb
Has anyone ever heard a car selected for "emmisions testing" , My GT/CS was scheduled for delivery next week 9/22. However Ford said it was selected for emmisions testing and will be delayed for 6-8 weeks! My dealer has tried everything...with no luck.
Yes, they actually pull cars from the line at random and drive them for about 25 miles. Usually they pull cars that are ordered for the dealer lot, not customer orders. Was yours originally an order for the lot? What order type is it?
Old 9/14/06, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flieger67
I was absolutely stunned on how quickly the car got here. We got a priority of "10" on our order but there was no way anyone thought it would arrive this quickly. Trust me, that smile on my face was very real.

And congrats to you, too. Looks like you are either driving your GT or getting it very soon.
Thanks Picked it up tonite in the rain But still droe around for 3 hours in the rain Scary car in the rain.
Old 9/14/06, 11:34 PM

Congrats flieger67!!
Old 9/15/06, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
Thanks Picked it up tonite in the rain But still droe around for 3 hours in the rain Scary car in the rain.
What made it scary?
Old 9/15/06, 06:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Excellent! WarBird69, you, and I need to meet up sometime!! Congrats!!
Sounds like a great plan. I have a different work schedule but I know we can find something that will work for all of us.
Old 9/15/06, 06:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Badsnke98
That is fast especially with the Labor Day weekend! Simple, is your name on the Window Sticker??? Or someone elses??? Is it sold to your dealership on the bottom of Sticker???
We checked the window sticker last night. My name is on it. And it also shows Krieger as the "sold to" dealer on the lower left corner.
Old 9/15/06, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats - I just got bad news on mine today - delayed another 3 weeks....grrrrrr....but enjoy YOUR new Mustang
Old 9/16/06, 07:11 PM
GT Member

Hotlap - I hope you get yours in the near future. Is the hold-up for yours the GT/CS package or something else?
Old 9/18/06, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
Hotlap - I hope you get yours in the near future. Is the hold-up for yours the GT/CS package or something else?
Not really certain at this point....I'm not having any luck with the ERL system - it just tells me that it can't find my information in the system and when I speak with the analyst, using the VIN - they are very vague and can't verify anything (schedule date, build week, etc.) only an estimated dealer arrival date that keeps slipping...all the way back now to the end of the 3rd week in Oct. I'm not really sure what the status is to be honest, since the status via the VIN is so vague The orig build week was 9/11 - so it could have been built already for all I know.....was supposed to be at my dealer by 9/23 - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Brad
Old 9/18/06, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brad.. I feel for you, I don't know how I could handle the delay if I were in your shoes. My order supposed to get built this week so we'll see how it goes.
Old 9/18/06, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shatter
Brad.. I feel for you, I don't know how I could handle the delay if I were in your shoes. My order supposed to get built this week so we'll see how it goes.
Shatter - thanks I hear ya!! I'm "mentally" adjusting to the delay and telling myself now that it's going to be early November so if it arrives sooner I'll have a nice surprise...otherwise - I'll drive myself crazy
Old 9/21/06, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Shatter - thanks I hear ya!! I'm "mentally" adjusting to the delay and telling myself now that it's going to be early November so if it arrives sooner I'll have a nice surprise...otherwise - I'll drive myself crazy
You want to know what crazy game I played? I started WANTING the ERL to say my order was still clean and unscheduled! Is that sick in the head or what!! Somehow that was supposed to make me less annoyed when the order was not picked up. Good news is that after 2 weeks of that craziness I got my order serialized.
Old 9/26/06, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shatter
You want to know what crazy game I played? I started WANTING the ERL to say my order was still clean and unscheduled! Is that sick in the head or what!! Somehow that was supposed to make me less annoyed when the order was not picked up. Good news is that after 2 weeks of that craziness I got my order serialized.
Shatter - great news on your order getting serialized!! I just spoke with my dealer and he received a truckload of new Fords today - but absent my Mustang He called them right away and asked where's that Mustang I've be calling you about for the past week and the response was - well there's another truck out there somewhere it's almost becoming comedic (ALMOST) at this point
Old 9/26/06, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Shatter - great news on your order getting serialized!! I just spoke with my dealer and he received a truckload of new Fords today - but absent my Mustang He called them right away and asked where's that Mustang I've be calling you about for the past week and the response was - well there's another truck out there somewhere it's almost becoming comedic (ALMOST) at this point
How long has it been since your Mustang left the factory? Since I also live in Cali, the info will give me an idea if I can expect mine before the weekend (doesn't sound like it based on your "not on the truck" post).

Thanks!
Old 9/27/06, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Convey to Rail

I got info from the ERL that my order shipped by convoy carrier on the 20th but then as of the 26th it is shipping via rail carrier. So that means it took almost a week to go from the factory to the railyard?!? Doesn't seem very likely that I'll get my car by this weekend. Maybe during the ETA of "the week of October 2nd"? Any comments?

Thanks