2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Timing's way off (a/k/a "New Mustang!")

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/06, 07:58 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timing's way off (a/k/a "New Mustang!")

Well, as you can see in my signature, I ordered my GT on 8/18. I was told that it would take about 6-8 weeks for delivery. Imagine my surprise when I got called this afternoon and was informed that my car was here! But there's a sad twist to the tale. As the car had just arrived, it hadn't been prepped nor was the finance department guy there, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to bring her home. But our salesman was kind enough to have some gas in it so we could take her out for a little drive.

Oh well, all good things to those who wait.

Here are the pics (the details are in my signature line):

The car next to mine is 2007 Roush Stage 1.
Old 9/13/06, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are kidding right? That was quick!

Congrats!
Old 9/13/06, 08:05 PM
GT Member

I was absolutely stunned on how quickly the car got here. We got a priority of "10" on our order but there was no way anyone thought it would arrive this quickly. Trust me, that smile on my face was very real.

And congrats to you, too. Looks like you are either driving your GT or getting it very soon.
Old 9/13/06, 08:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by flieger67
I was absolutely stunned on how quickly the car got here. We got a priority of "10" on our order but there was no way anyone thought it would arrive this quickly. Trust me, that smile on my face was very real.

And congrats to you, too. Looks like you are either driving your GT or getting it very soon.
Did they change an existing order to yours.
That would explain it.
If they had one on order that had not been serialized yet it could come in that quick. Still fast. I would say that is almost the absolute minimum time for an order.
Old 9/13/06, 08:57 PM
Cobra Member

That is fast especially with the Labor Day weekend! Simple, is your name on the Window Sticker??? Or someone elses??? Is it sold to your dealership on the bottom of Sticker???

Any way congrats, bet you can't sleep tonight, LOL, Enjoy!
Old 9/13/06, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Two words:

You suck!

It's a jealousy thing - you wouldn't understand. (Read my signature.)
Old 9/13/06, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I had to wait 15 weeks to get my car, I second the YOU SUCK.

Have some nanners
Old 9/13/06, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered mine on 8/31 and see it the end of September. Had a priority 15 on mine. Dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks. Guess I suck too.
Old 9/13/06, 11:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
I ordered mine on 8/31 and see it the end of September. Had a priority 15 on mine. Dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks. Guess I suck too.
What ETA is the ERL giving you? I have a build week of 9/18 also but an ETA the week of Oct 7th. Was recently moved out from ETA the week of Oct 1st.

That is amazing fast. I waited two months to get serialized and you guys are getting your cars in less than a month.
Old 9/14/06, 01:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shatter
What ETA is the ERL giving you? I have a build week of 9/18 also but an ETA the week of Oct 7th. Was recently moved out from ETA the week of Oct 1st.

That is amazing fast. I waited two months to get serialized and you guys are getting your cars in less than a month.

The ERL is saying locked in for production on the 22nd with a delivery the week of 30 September. Don't know what to tell ya about the delay others are having.
Old 9/14/06, 03:03 AM
V6 Member

You beat me by a couple of days! I ordered on 8/14 and it came in Monday 9/11. I was surprised that it was only 4 weeks.
Old 9/14/06, 04:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Badsnke98
That is fast especially with the Labor Day weekend! Simple, is your name on the Window Sticker??? Or someone elses??? Is it sold to your dealership on the bottom of Sticker???

I'll look again at the sticker but when I looked it over to check out the options, I'm pretty sure I recall seeing my name on the sticker.

And it was hard sleeping last night, between thoughts about the GT and our 2 new cats who decided that night time is play-and-fight time.

And
Old 9/14/06, 04:50 AM
GT Member

I'll look again at the sticker but when I looked it over to check out the options, I'm pretty sure I recall seeing my name on the sticker.

And it was hard sleeping last night, between thoughts about the GT and our 2 new cats who decided that night time is play-and-fight time.

And to
Old 9/14/06, 04:51 AM
GT Member

And it was hard sleeping last night, between thoughts about the GT and our 2 new cats who decided that night time is play-and-fight-on-the-bed time.

As for everyone who has said, "You suck", I thank you for your kind words. Nothing like the feeling of brotherhood you get around here.
Old 9/14/06, 05:25 AM
GT Member

Wow - triple response. I don't know how that happened. Sorry about that.
Old 9/14/06, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered mine and it took 3 months before it got serialized. Another three weeks to get built and delivered to me. I read somewhere my name should be on the sticker, but it isn't, just the selling dealers name. I know it was my order cuz my order number is on the sticker on the lower right side. Hmmm. Would have been nice to have my name on it. Oh well.

Flieger 67: Nice ride and congrats... with or without your name on the sticker. hehe
Old 9/14/06, 06:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 9/14/06, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Green Cobra
You beat me by a couple of days! I ordered on 8/14 and it came in Monday 9/11. I was surprised that it was only 4 weeks.
Okay - this forum needs a "you suck" smiley. When I ordered mine, my salesman asked me if I wanted to change an order he had already submitted or start clean. I was in no big hurry back then and I chose to submit a new order. I guess I'm learning about small dealers and allocation right now as I wait.

Flieger67- Who was your dealer? Are they a big one?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw who they are in your signature.
Old 9/14/06, 07:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Excellent! WarBird69, you, and I need to meet up sometime!! Congrats!!
Old 9/14/06, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
Wow - triple response. I don't know how that happened. Sorry about that.
It's from the excitement generated by having a new stang!

Quick Reply: Timing's way off (a/k/a "New Mustang!")