2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Thursday Night.... O Please.....

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/05, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin+March 4, 2005, 9:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ March 4, 2005, 9:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cti@March 3, 2005, 7:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-doulos4JC
@March 3, 2005, 6:14 PM
this thread was started because...? :scratch:

for all the people that have acually ordered instead of hoping to someday like you jerkoff!

Now Mark, was that really necessary?
[/b][/quote]
Indeed
Old 3/4/05, 10:18 AM

Talked to the GM at my dealer today and basically he said that they were not getting any allocations of GT is month. Confirmed that with another dealer I had been working with early on in the process but did not order from. Well I guess I may be ordering an '06.
Old 3/4/05, 10:26 AM
Cobra Member

I thought allocations were dealer specific, and that they also were not trim specific, i.e. a dealer does not have GT or V6 allocations, but all mustang allocations, and then the commodities available determine what will be pulled. Karpro, if you're out there, please advise about all of these dealers saying their regions don't have any allocation. As I said, I was under the impression that each dealer got allocation. Also, to an earlier point made about being priority xx in a region. That sounds unlikely as well since each dealer has their own allocations and priorities. I wouldn't think a dealer would or should be able to tell you that you are #xx in the region. If I am wrong, please let me know. These are just tje way that I understood it. It seems to me that by a dealer telling someone it is the region's fault, they are pawning off blame for the fact that the dealer individually has a small allocation.
Old 3/4/05, 01:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered 1/21. Was serialized last night.
Old 3/4/05, 02:16 PM

I thought allocations were dealer specific, and that they also were not trim specific, i.e. a dealer does not have GT or V6 allocations, but all mustang allocations, and then the commodities available determine what will be pulled. Karpro, if you're out there, please advise about all of these dealers saying their regions don't have any allocation. As I said, I was under the impression that each dealer got allocation. Also, to an earlier point made about being priority xx in a region. That sounds unlikely as well since each dealer has their own allocations and priorities. I wouldn't think a dealer would or should be able to tell you that you are #xx in the region. If I am wrong, please let me know. These are just tje way that I understood it. It seems to me that by a dealer telling someone it is the region's fault, they are pawning off blame for the fact that the dealer individually has a small allocation.
I think the general gyst was that you can order GT's with your allocation but don't expect them anytime soon. So the dealers get their V6's orders filled while the GT orders languish.
Old 3/4/05, 03:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think the general gyst was that you can order GT's with your allocation but don't expect them anytime soon. So the dealers get their V6's orders filled while the GT orders languish.
[/quote]

Languish is SUCH an appropriate word
Old 3/5/05, 08:07 AM
V6 Member

I called this morning and I have a Build date the week of April 4th.
Old 3/5/05, 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Icedevil@March 4, 2005, 3:19 PM
Dealerships get their alottment, but area get theirs too. The area may not get enough to cover all the dealers.

I got a call Friday from a person who my dealer tells me is the top guy in the KC region.

--- I don't want to start an argument or anything here ---

I was told that the larger dealerships get all the cars because Ford is legally bound to give them their share. My dealer doesn't sell many mustangs so won't get any anytime soon. This has been hashed out so many times it is making me tired just thinking about it. I don't think this guy would lie to me as I started out waaayyyy above his head. I was told that the cars will start moving and that I should see my car in late April or May. Only time will tell.

So folks, it looks like the my punishment for living in Iowa and buying from an honest dealer is a 16 week extension to my wait. Can't you just ground me Ford???