2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Throwing in the towel

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 11:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFter consistently seeing others get their cars who have ordered well after me and recently having my dealer tell me it'll probably be an '06, I'm looking at other cars now.
There is no build date in sight, and this is a very larger dealer I deal with. I'm sick of the games, I'm sick of waiting and I needed this car for the summer months, not in the middle of NEXT winter, it'd be NEXT summer before I could fully enjoy it. I'm just so tired of it all, I was originally told 6-10 weeks. I won't cancel my order, but I will look at other vehicles and if I find a good deal, I'll then take that deal and cancel my order at that point. Best wishes to all, hope it works for a good number of you.
Old 5/2/05, 11:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kcrw898@May 2, 2005, 1:13 PM
AFter consistently seeing others get their cars who have ordered well after me and recently having my dealer tell me it'll probably be an '06, I'm looking at other cars now.
There is no build date in sight, and this is a very larger dealer I deal with. I'm sick of the games, I'm sick of waiting and I needed this car for the summer months, not in the middle of NEXT winter, it'd be NEXT summer before I could fully enjoy it. I'm just so tired of it all, I was originally told 6-10 weeks. I won't cancel my order, but I will look at other vehicles and if I find a good deal, I'll then take that deal and cancel my order at that point. Best wishes to all, hope it works for a good number of you.
My dealership had 6 ahead of me when I ordered z-plan in March, and I now I am scheduled for a build the week of May 23rd. I'd give them a call to see if they have any allocations left and squeeze you in an '05. These guys are awesome, we (myself,dad & brother) have bought over 20 cars from these guys over the last 10 years and they have always taken care of us. They are located 20 miles west of Cleveland right of off the Ohio Turnpike (rt 58 exit)....probaby an hour or so from Toledo (not sure what part of Michigan you live in) for reference. Good luck!
Old 5/2/05, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford really dropped the ball on 2005 production for whatever reason. They should have known from marketing surveys that being to 2004 targets was not going to get it done.

Here is to you finding a vehicle that you want and not settling! Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

EK
Old 5/2/05, 11:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Make your dealer give you the #'s. :angry: Such as, how much allocation they have left....is anybody ahead of you, and such. It sounds like they don't want to give you the info, or you're not asking the right questions.
Old 5/2/05, 11:41 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since your order is placed the dealer should be able to provide you with a DORA especially since you placed the order a long time ago. They should be able to tell you how many orders are before yours as well. I was originally told that my car was first, however, due to build dates, options, etc, mine was the 5th to arrive at the dealership. However, they were able to tell me 3 weeks in advance when the car would arrive and the day it was being built.
Old 5/2/05, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Flame me if you want but the problem some people have with their orders is their own fault. I've seen a lot of people that never bothered to get a VOCA and DORA for their order. Without those two documents there is no way to know whether or not you car order has A) Been placed, B) been submitted to Ford. Beyond that namely for the GT folks you need to keep on the dealership... Don't hound them but at least keep reminding them you ordered your car and you are following the process until it's delivered.
Old 5/2/05, 12:20 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stadifer@May 2, 2005, 1:03 PM
Flame me if you want but the problem some people have with their orders is their own fault. I've seen a lot of people that never bothered to get a VOCA and DORA for their order. Without those two documents there is no way to know whether or not you car order has A) Been placed, B) been submitted to Ford. Beyond that namely for the GT folks you need to keep on the dealership... Don't hound them but at least keep reminding them you ordered your car and you are following the process until it's delivered.
I'm sorry but your missing a BIG piece of this. MANY dealers DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES whether the order will eventually go through or not make it. For example, I have all my numbers and have talked to my dealer. However, the fact of the matter is the Fleet Manager simply doesn't know if that particular order will be filled or not before they stop. There IS no way for them to know. Ford isn't telling them which orders will and which orders will not be filled.

So, how is me not knowing whether or not my order will be filled before they stop making them my fault? How is it even the dealer's fault? How is it the Fleet manager's fault (well, it may be his fault if he is the one who decides which dealers have priority....I don't know).

If it isn't the Fleet Manager's fault then I guess it must be FORD'S fault. At the very least they should be trying to let fleet manager's know what orders will and what orders will not be filled. Supposedly the fleet manager was going to find out from for me a couple of weeks ago....but he still doesn't know.

Who's fault is this?
Old 5/2/05, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@May 2, 2005, 12:03 PM
Well i dont think that is at all a true statement, in fact most of us have these #'s, the bottom line is the dealers in general are price gouging, and fords allocation system blows, hek if you ordered on one of the plans, they do not care if you take delivery or not, why should they, mark up on a GT is anywhere from 2 to 5k now, total dealer ownage... i am getting used to the wait now, i am in it to the end...determined i am... forgetful i am not.
Old 5/2/05, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@May 2, 2005, 1:03 PM

I have all that info, and my salesman is someone I've known a long time. My only fault was trying to get back into a Ford and thinking there'd be a smooth, fair way to do so.
Old 5/2/05, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Trying to Help

In the DFW metroplex in (Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas)

How about 1 of these: There are 2

1. 2005 Mustang Coupe GT
VIN: 1ZVFT82H855135527

Total MSRP:

$28,750.00

See Vehicle Details
Eng/Trans: 4.6L 3V V8 / TR3650 5-Spd Man
Colors: Ext: Black / Int: Dk Charcoal w/Red Interior Color Accent

3. 2005 Mustang Coupe GT
VIN: 1ZVFT82H855116105

Total MSRP:

$28,750.00

See Vehicle Details
Eng/Trans: 4.6L 3V V8 / TR3650 5-Spd Man
Colors: Ext: Black / Int: Dk Charcoal w/Red Interior Color Accent
Old 5/2/05, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kcrw898@May 2, 2005, 12:13 PM

You do know this isn't the last summer....there will be more:-)
Old 5/2/05, 02:08 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tw0scoops123+May 2, 2005, 2:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tw0scoops123 @ May 2, 2005, 2:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kcrw898@May 2, 2005, 12:13 PM

You do know this isn't the last summer....there will be more:-)
[/b][/quote]

Not in Sonic Blue.
Old 5/2/05, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have all that info, and my salesman is someone I've known a long time. My only fault was trying to get back into a Ford and thinking there'd be a smooth, fair way to do so.
[/quote]

I know you are frustrated and it understandable but dont kid yourself...if GM or Chrysler were to make a car that was in high demand, I am sure they would F it up, and probably even worse. And the GTO and the Magnum dont count. They stink IMO and alot of other peoples which is apparent by the lack of demand.
Old 5/2/05, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

You ordered the car in Feb.

There are still people that have ordered way back in Oct. Nov. who are still waiting on there car.

You should be asking your dealer some serious questions.
How many orders did they take? How many cars are alloted to them?
Did they order 20 cars knowing that they were only going to get 15 in?
How many are they going to put on there lot to mark up now that they know there is a shortage og GT's. Not shortage per say, but high demand for them.

I'm beginning to think alot of these dealers are trying to brush off those folks who have ordered so the people will take something else. Then when the car comes in the dealer stick that $2k to 5K mark up on the sticker.
Old 5/2/05, 03:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kcrw898@May 2, 2005, 11:13 AM

what dealer did you order from? i am in the same boat, C/U ordered in january
Old 5/2/05, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah! it's a hard place to be.
When I ordered Dec 1, I was told 120 days! It's a long haul for sure!
Hope things turn for the better.
Happy Trails!!!
Old 5/2/05, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a VOC, DORA and VIN and that didn't stop my dealership from lying to me about my car not being the one in the lot!!! I finally gave up on owning an 05 Mustang, as I'm now in the middle of purchasing a house, so the car will have to wait a few years.
Old 5/2/05, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Kintaro,
Hope you have a great deal on home. I hope you can still find a way to get the stang that you want.
Happy Trails!!!
Old 5/2/05, 06:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@May 2, 2005, 11:03 AM
Great.... blame the buyer. That works.

Kevin, hope things work out for you. If you haven't already, consider calling every dealership within 100 miles to see if they have something close to your order. That's what I had to do.
Old 5/2/05, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do what I did and save yourself some grey hairs. Forget that order and go buy one off the lot. I actually like the car I bought off the lot better than my order if that's possible. (it was exactly the same except it was a vert)

Good luck on what ever you do. By the way I ordered my back in mid Jan and the dealer says my order is still C/U. Meanwhile I have been cruising around in my new gt for a month.

Quick Reply: Throwing in the towel