2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Throwing in the towel!

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/05, 12:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wonder if these problems are specific to Ford. I was low 2000 VIN, ordered May, received in November (job one was Sept 7). I probably would have been built week 2. It was pretty frustrating. The issue is the lack of communication. The dealer and Ford had no clue when the car would arrive.

Do other U.S. manufacturers communicate differently. I have friends with German imports, and they were informed every moment the car went over a wave, on the trip over here. (Yah.... Mr. Smith - your car is a little sea sick, but we have it on bedrest for the rest of the night. Danke Schein for asking). I'm not talking v12, Benz.. more like upper 30's low 40's price wise.
Old 3/7/05, 12:46 PM
GT Member

3 months + 1 day of c/u for me. If Ford built by order received, I would have mine by now.

I called my dealer (who never calls me) a couple weeks ago and he couldn't tell me anything. He said they only got ONE customer ordered GT delivered in TWO months. He said I am number 8 out of 10 customer orders, currently.

If you do the math, I should be getting my car in 1 year and 4 months.
Old 3/7/05, 02:16 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I think a lot comes down to the dealership. I live 2 blocks away from one and back in May when I ordered they told me they were not taking orders yet. I drove 15 minutes to the next dealer and placed an order. 2 weeks prior to my car arriving I went back to my local dealer who again said, we are not taking orders because the cars are not ready for at least a few more months. I got my car, drove to the local dealer and said "I think the cars are ready, what do you think".

Some dealerships may not care about "special orders" and would rather wait to sell what they get, at least that is what I have noticed over the years of ordering cars.
Old 3/7/05, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Sometimes I feel like canceling my order but I will tortue my dealer till I get myGT order 12-13-2004 still c/u. Also heard that Ford wasn't going to take anymore orders and the ones in the order bank would be on hold till 2006 production.
Old 3/7/05, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

I most definitely DID NOT hear that last week. The Ford VP guy told me I would have it by Summer, with a late April or early May build time. Unless john Bodenmuller was BSing me, which i doubt the VP of Marketing would do, I have to believe they are still planning on building some of this year's orders
Old 3/7/05, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with KUcurt. I'm in the same region and was promised an April build date by the head of the KC region.
Old 3/7/05, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by StangNut+March 7, 2005, 1:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ March 7, 2005, 1:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-elwhit95@March 6, 2005, 11:34 PM
It is not always Ford. Keep in mind some of these issues are from dealers. Also keep in mind that Ford plans to build 139,000 Mustangs that's it no more so wer are dealing with a product in high demand and a small volume. It stinks it really stinks but its the realty.
Eric
It is Ford's fault when orders are being pulled in the wrong order.
[/b][/quote]

Let's clear a coule of things up here. First, Ford had planned on building 150,000 '05 Mustangs and are prepared to build even more, if they can. Fact is, they will continue to build as many as they can until they are totally our of capacity for any more '05s. They've already sold over 50,000 Munstangs. They have another 65,000 on back order. That leaves only another 35,000 left for manufacturer and delivery by the end of the model year.

The dealers are the ones that screwed up your priorities....not the factory. The factory only builds wht the dealers order and how the dealership tells them what priorities to build first.
Old 3/7/05, 03:43 PM
GT Member

Its not the wrong order. You the dealer asigns what Mustangs they want built the most and then based on how many they have sold and parts avaible to build the cars then that order is pulled but the Ford COS system or Computer Order Selection system. So is goes trough see what units are on order and then pulls them at ramdom thus keeping one dealer in a given area all the Mustangs going there. We need to be upset with dealers that don't put much if any proitory in your Mustang. It happened to me but in a differnt way. I was the second one in to order a Mustang. My dealer aligned his orders up accordingly. That being said as we all know from this messageboard Ford will build a lower or stock unit right now over a retail order becuase of parts shortages. Really Ford should have been better perpaired for GT orders and the IUP orders that is not good on there part but then again the car could have bombed one never knows untill it hits the streets
Eric
Originally posted by StangNut+March 7, 2005, 11:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ March 7, 2005, 11:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-elwhit95@March 6, 2005, 11:34 PM
It is not always Ford. Keep in mind some of these issues are from dealers. Also keep in mind that Ford plans to build 139,000 Mustangs that's it no more so wer are dealing with a product in high demand and a small volume. It stinks it really stinks but its the realty.
Eric
[/b][/quote]
Old 3/7/05, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

What the dealer said was so many were in the system that they can't build them all and that is why they are go to stop taking orders. First from the small dealers and work their way up the chain. the orders still in the system will be held till 2006 production :scratch:
Old 3/7/05, 06:50 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The dealers are the ones that screwed up your priorities....not the factory. The factory only builds wht the dealers order and how the dealership tells them what priorities to build first.
Oh you are so wrong on that one.
We're not discussing which order gets pulled at a particular dealership. Ford should NOT be pulling order an order for someone who ordered in February when there are people from October waiting on their's to be pulled.
In these cases, it's Ford's fault. PERIOD.
Old 3/7/05, 06:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by graphicguy+March 7, 2005, 4:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(graphicguy @ March 7, 2005, 4:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by StangNut@March 7, 2005, 1:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-elwhit95
@March 6, 2005, 11:34 PM
Eric

Let's clear a coule of things up here. First, Ford had planned on building 150,000 '05 Mustangs and are prepared to build even more, if they can. Fact is, they will continue to build as many as they can until they are totally our of capacity for any more '05s. They've already sold over 50,000 Munstangs. They have another 65,000 on back order. That leaves only another 35,000 left for manufacturer and delivery by the end of the model year.

[/b][/quote]

If there are only 35000 cars left that have not been ordered, they should be the last 35000 built. By the time those 35000 come time to build I am sure they will already be converted into firm orders. Firm orders should come first! Dealer orders a very low Second.
Old 3/7/05, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@March 7, 2005, 7:53 PM
We're not discussing which order gets pulled at a particular dealership. Ford should NOT be pulling order an order for someone who ordered in February when there are people from October waiting on their's to be pulled.
AGREED, AGREED, AGREED... :worship: :worship:
Old 3/7/05, 07:04 PM

Thank you, Dave.
Old 3/7/05, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

How about Bill Ford; he's supposed to be such a great fan of the Mustang- "red with red interior", I believe.

or better yet, address your concerns to the Board of Directors of Ford Motor Co.; maybe some incompetent Ahole might just get "displaced".
Old 3/7/05, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@March 7, 2005, 8:07 PM
Thank you, Dave.
My F-ing pleasure
Old 3/7/05, 11:56 PM
GT Member

Its not Ford for the 1000 time it is your dealer. Ask the people here who are dealer people. Yes it stinks that people who order after you got a car pulled to be bulit before yours yes that stinks, but you need to be upset with your dealer. Its your dealers who is the one to talk to. And believe it or not some dealers lie.... My god the horror they lied to me about my car.... It happens not right but it happens. Ford doesn't care they only in the business to build the cars the sells come from dealers and they are independant from Ford. ie Ford doesn't own dealerships. Ford has a set number of Mustangs to build peroid. First come first serve and that stinks but its true. Dealers who sell more get more and dealers are the ones who like said by me and other set the priorties one what Mustang, F150, and 500 they want more than the other orders. You want a Mustang and somebody else that the dealership wants one and he is firends with the owner or the GM and gets a priorty of 10 and yours is 50 you are hosed that simple... My father was the GM for a Ford dealership for 30 years the 4th largest in KY I know the system fairly well. I knew the new GM of this dealership he is a good friend and I got my Mustang in the first in the area.... Others are still waiting here. Why because my butt was in that dealership in April of last year and skeched out want I wanted and when it was ordered on June 10th it had the highest priority of all mustangs order from here and what do you know it was the first one here. I know I sound like an hiney but it pretty simple in that respect.
Eric
Originally posted by StangNut@March 7, 2005, 7:53 PM
Old 3/8/05, 12:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about another BS dealer story. I blame the dealership for stringing you along like that. I didn't have the chance to cancel the order, because the dealer lied to me and wanted more money after I waited 14 weeks for my car. I'm pretty much out of the running for an 05 unless a miracle happens, which has happened on these boards so I'll have to wait and see.
Old 3/8/05, 12:49 AM
GT Member

i canceled my order and bought one of the lot I ordered 11/24 and was still c/u. There were 7 orders ahead of me including one placed in october. I found one in black with black leather interior no iup but i like the all black look. I'm happy and so relieved not to be waiting for my order anymore. I bought it from crown ford in Nashville TN. They have a sonic blue GT with white racing stripes and the ISAP for 27100. They are not budging from sticker but not gouging over it like other dealers in the area so if anyone in TN or elsewhere is interested call Dean Byard at Crown Ford in Nashville 800 432 2897 I was happy with my experience there.
Old 3/8/05, 06:49 AM

Eric,
If you'll read your own post you'll see the dealer has no control over what we're talking about.

dealers are the ones who like said by me and other set the priorties one what Mustang, F150, and 500 they want more than the other orders.

As YOU stated the dealer can only prioritize the orders at his OWN dealership. He has no control over what orders Ford pulls from another dealer. So when Ford pulls an order from dealer "A" that was placed in February and an order from dealer "B" hasn't been pulled and it was placed in October, it's Ford's fault and there's no way anyone can dispute that.
Old 3/8/05, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by StangNut@March 8, 2005, 6:52 AM
Eric,
If you'll read your own post you'll see the dealer has no control over what we're talking about.

dealers are the ones who like said by me and other set the priorties one what Mustang, F150, and 500 they want more than the other orders.

As YOU stated the dealer can only prioritize the orders at his OWN dealership. He has no control over what orders Ford pulls from another dealer. So when Ford pulls an order from dealer "A" that was placed in February and an order from dealer "B" hasn't been pulled and it was placed in October, it's Ford's fault and there's no way anyone can dispute that.
You continue to look at this situation with an eye towards blaming Ford solely for the problem. A percentage of the problem is, was, and continues to be caused by the dealers. They accept orders from customers and don't always code them correctly. Sometimes they don't bother entering the order for days or weeks after receiving the order. Why? Who knows!!! And when they do enter the orders they play around with arbitrary little priority codes that mean nothing other than "we want this car before any other car ordered for our dealership". Does having a priority of "10" guarantee a fast build? Heck no... it simply says that the dealership wants this car first... but they can easily change priorities of pending cars and, from what I've heard, do it all the time.

Where Ford is to blame is this silly allocation process. They should be simply using a first-in first-out methodology for fulfilling customer orders. But they don't... They follow some process that would make a Harvard business graduate shudder!

Quick Reply: Throwing in the towel!