Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing in the towel!

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 08:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

After waiting patiently for the past 15 weeks, we were informed on Friday that our dealer would not be receiving any allocation for the month of March. :angry: Faced with (at least) an additional eight weeks of this bulls**t, we have decided to cancel our order.

What should have been a joyous and exciting purchase has become, for us anyway, a very unpleasant experience. Adding insult to injury is the fact that many who have ordered well after we did are getting their cars scheduled and even delivered. And now convertibles are rolling onto showroom floors.

I will be writing a letter to Ford stating my concerns with their order/scheduling policies. Does anyone know of an address or have a contact name at Ford of someone who might actually read it?

I've really enjoyed my visits here and have learned much more than I needed (or wanted) to know. You're a great bunch and this is one of the best BBs I have found. To those who have their new Stangs, enjoy 'em! And best of luck to all of you still c/u!
Old 3/6/05, 08:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish dealers would be upfront and straight with people. What options did you order? Maybe we can find one on a lot. I will be happy to look around south Texas for you...?
There are quite a few GT's that come through San Antonio and Austin.
Dealer can also do trades with other dealers for cars that they have.
Old 3/6/05, 08:48 AM
V6 Member

Sorry to hear another one canceled their order. We are going to do the same thing if we dont get a build date by the end of the month. If we dont get a build date by then, it looks like it would take Ford 6 months to get our car to us. That is ridiculous.

Any rate. I would like to know who to write as well. I have a feeling that a Honda will be parked in our Garage instead of a new Pony in May.

I am trying real hard to keep it real. But it gets harder everyday that someone who ordered in Feb receives a build date and we get nothing.
Old 3/6/05, 08:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

We can all keep a lookout for your cars if they show up on lots around us.

I am so sorry to hear about all these troubles!
Old 3/6/05, 09:00 AM
Cobra Member

I went to the Ford website and emailed them, it took about two weeks for them to get back to me, by then I had talked to my dealers GM and he talked to the regional GM, then it got a VIN that week. Let us know what you are looking for and maybe we can dig one up for ya.
Old 3/6/05, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Question

rickoshay,
Sorry to see this happening to you.
Try emailing Cisco Codina (pres. customer service)
Go on BON (blueovalnews.com) you can email them all!
Hope the best results for you.
Happy Trails!!
Old 3/6/05, 10:28 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its a shame that some dealers mistreat customers who are willing to buy a car upfront, a car that won't have to sit on their lot for more than an hour.

Best of luck, I would suggest if you really want a Mustang to find one on the lot you like or find a better dealer.
Old 3/6/05, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Call this number; 1-800-392-3673

This is a customer service number that was most helpful to me. They might be able to lead you in the right direction.

I was most fortunate to find the dealer I found. They're the best.
Old 3/6/05, 10:51 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Sorry to hear Rich, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 3/6/05, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rickoshay@March 6, 2005, 9:06 AM
After waiting patiently for the past 15 weeks, we were informed on Friday that our dealer would not be receiving any allocation for the month of March. :angry: Faced with (at least) an additional eight weeks of this bulls**t, we have decided to cancel our order.

What should have been a joyous and exciting purchase has become, for us anyway, a very unpleasant experience. Adding insult to injury is the fact that many who have ordered well after we did are getting their cars scheduled and even delivered. And now convertibles are rolling onto showroom floors.

I will be writing a letter to Ford stating my concerns with their order/scheduling policies. Does anyone know of an address or have a contact name at Ford of someone who might actually read it?

I've really enjoyed my visits here and have learned much more than I needed (or wanted) to know. You're a great bunch and this is one of the best BBs I have found. To those who have their new Stangs, enjoy 'em! And best of luck to all of you still c/u!
I am sorry to hear that but you have to understand there is a big demand for these cars and especially if it is a GT. Is you dealership small? if so try another dealership in another city. Don't write off Ford entirely if you can't get a 05 get a 06 model. I am taking a chance on my order but it is a V6 and my dealership is pretty big on the allocation part I believe. I am sorry for your troubles.
Old 3/6/05, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 3RD1@March 6, 2005, 11:48 AM

This is a customer service number that was most helpful to me. They might be able to lead you in the right direction.

I tried this number and they told me to talk to my dealer. You have to love the flow of information from Ford. :bang:
Old 3/6/05, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Skymaster0017+March 6, 2005, 11:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skymaster0017 @ March 6, 2005, 11:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-3RD1@March 6, 2005, 11:48 AM

I tried this number and they told me to talk to my dealer. You have to love the flow of information from Ford. :bang:
[/b][/quote]

I'm surprised, they were very helpful to me. It must have been because I had a VIN#. They set up a file on me and when I called they could track the exact status of my car.

It also helps to have a dealer that goes way out of his way to make sure what he orders is delivered. I can't recommend a dealer more than the one I have.
Old 3/6/05, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

You're better off getting a 2006 model. Less flaws and 18" Fans with BFG's. Can you say "upgrade"
Old 3/6/05, 12:57 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@March 6, 2005, 11:54 AM
I am sorry to hear that but you have to understand there is a big demand for these cars and especially if it is a GT. Is you dealership small? if so try another dealership in another city. Don't write off Ford entirely if you can't get a 05 get a 06 model. I am taking a chance on my order but it is a V6 and my dealership is pretty big on the allocation part I believe. I am sorry for your troubles.
The demand has nothing to do with his decision to cancel his order. It's how poorly Ford has handled the demand. Like he said, there are orders placed several months AFTER his that have been delivered.

Rich
Give us your specs and how strict you are are on each option. (color, interior, wheels, etc.) We can all look in our areas for the car your looking for. Most of us know how frustarting it is to be in your situation.

Skymaster0017
How close do you want your car to be? Does it have to be torch red w/ DC leather? What about your other choices?
Old 3/6/05, 01:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and sympathy. I will definitely make sure that Mr. Codina receives a copy of my letter.

I purchased my first Mustang in 1970...a used '65 fastback, 289 4-spd. I have owned at least one (but usually 2 or 3) at any time ever since. However, the '05 was the only one that got me juiced up enough to even consider buying a "first year" Mustang (or any "new" vehicle for that matter). Maybe it just wasn't meant to happen....

BTW, we ordered a Screaming Yellow GT premium, IUP, manual, shaker 500, wheel upgrade & locks. Part of the fun of ordering was the option list since our two most recent purchases (Cobra & Lightning) were basically "cookie cutter" with the exception of color.
Old 3/6/05, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

When I visited my dealer (The Ford Store of Morgan Hill) yesterday they had a Redfire Metallic GT, Auto, IUP on the showroom floor. Beautiful. On the lot they had six V6's. When they checked for the status of my car and saw that it was at the holding lot waiting for a truck to deliver it to the dealership it also showed that they had 11 other Mustangs waiting at the lot as well. Some ordered and some as allocation.

The GM told me that the average time from when they put a car on the lot to the time someone drives it out is 4 days.

There are 3 other dealerships near here that always have at least 4 on the lot at all times: Capitol Ford, Frontier Ford and Swanson Ford.

It might be worth getting one from here and driving it home.
Old 3/6/05, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rickoshay@March 6, 2005, 10:06 AM

Rich,
looks like there's one with everything you listed only having the shaker 1000 instead of the 500. It's at dale jarrett ford close to concord nc
Old 3/6/05, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Boy, this is terrible. I wonder why it was so easy last year, yet so hard now. I ordered on 09/15 and took delivery 10 weeks later on 11/30.
Old 3/6/05, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by bill_brenda+March 6, 2005, 5:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bill_brenda @ March 6, 2005, 5:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rickoshay@March 6, 2005, 10:06 AM

Rich,
looks like there's one with everything you listed only having the shaker 1000 instead of the 500. It's at dale jarrett ford close to concord nc
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up Bill! Yes I did see this car listed on Auto Trader.com but list price is $42K+. Probably a Roush and certainly more than I'm willing to pay for ground effects and stripes!

Quick Reply: Throwing in the towel!