2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

To those who traded up.

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/06, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those who traded up.

Like the subject says, to those of you who traded up from an '05 to an '06 or an '07. Did you have to come up more cash? or did you trade it in and take a loss? Or did you sell it your self? My '07 is being made about two months faster then i thought it would. And i still owe X amount of $$$ on my '05, so i have to come up with some kind of a plan real fast.
Old 11/6/06, 12:18 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I traded a 05 V6 exactly one year after purchasing it. I had made $50 more than the payment each month and the dealership gave me within $1000 of what I had paid for the V6. It did have some mods on it. I did not have to come up with any extra cash at all. I went to the dealership and got in writing what they would give me for the car at the same time I ordered the new one. I tried selling the V6 outright without any success and ended up trading it....Granted at the time I traded my V6 there still wasn't an excess of cars on the lots like there is now.
Old 11/6/06, 07:40 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sold my 05 GT to get my 06...... I sold it through my stealership's online web-based sales (Autonation) so I got more than I would have for a straight trade-in. I left most cosmetic mods in place, left CAI and Predator tune in, and after the dealer took their fee, got 24K for her... and that is with 25K mileage..... (the guy who bought it loved her and had to have her)

Since I got the family Ford plan through my step mom, I was close to making an almost even trade for my car with kicking in just a bit of extra cash to cover the difference...... (I owned the 05 outright)

But OF COURSE, being that close and thinking 'I would have no payment - but if I put up with a payment, I could have THIS...'

And that lead to the car having some Saleen installs and now I have that extra payment....

Then again, I sure am happy with the mods to my car....