2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking my sales man might get the boot

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/05, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well after ordering in november and getting absolutly no info from my sales man today everything came to a head. went to the dealership yesterday to find out what is going on with my car because i was told that it was due the 26,27,28, of may. well that never came about. spoke to the sales manager and president of the dealership and they make some calls and was told my car is on the truck and was due to arrive yesterday night or today. so i had my dad stop by the dealership to see what the deal was at 9:00am today.. my salesman tried to give my dad this b.s. story and my dad lost it. pretty much ripped into eveyone... buy mostly my salesman.... the funny thing is they had to call me for the vin for the car cause it`s seem me ,the sales manager , and the president were the only one that know it... yea right!!!!.... so anyway it moved from me talking to my saleman to talking to the person in charge at the office part of the dealership.. explained my whole story.. was told by her that she would call every 30min to find out if it had arrived at the storage lot... well i didn`t not tonight i was told by the president that if it is not there in the morning that they are going to pick it up from where it is. so i can finally pick it up at the dealership ... so after 7 + months i can take my car...... i am not holding my breath but i hope this all comes to an end tomorrow......
Old 6/2/05, 07:07 PM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by WERKED 66@June 2, 2005, 7:39 PM
well after ordering in november and getting absolutly no info from my sales man today everything came to a head. went to the dealership yesterday to find out what is going on with my car because i was told that it was due the 26,27,28, of may. well that never came about. spoke to the sales manager and president of the dealership and they make some calls and was told my car is on the truck and was due to arrive yesterday night or today. so i had my dad stop by the dealership to see what the deal was at 9:00am today.. my salesman tried to give my dad this b.s. story and my dad lost it. pretty much ripped into eveyone... buy mostly my salesman.... the funny thing is they had to call me for the vin for the car cause it`s seem me ,the sales manager , and the president were the only one that know it... yea right!!!!.... so anyway it moved from me talking to my saleman to talking to the person in charge at the office part of the dealership.. explained my whole story.. was told by her that she would call every 30min to find out if it had arrived at the storage lot... well i didn`t not tonight i was told by the president that if it is not there in the morning that they are going to pick it up from where it is. so i can finally pick it up at the dealership ... so after 7 + months i can take my car...... i am not holding my breath but i hope this all comes to an end tomorrow......
Good luck dude
Old 6/2/05, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

My dealership picked up my GT and brought it on a flatbed to the dealership. If they hadn’t it would have Sat at the receiving lot for the area until they had enough cars to bring up on a semi.

Best of luck getting your whip soon!

Oh and I gave my salesperson the boot after the first week and all my dealing where with the sales manager from that point on. Good thing because by the time my car came the salesperson didn't work there anymore.
Old 6/2/05, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

poo happens. My car was built april 4. Supposed to arrive april 25. After being in a quality hold, and being sent on the wrong train, I now have an eta of next week.... over a month from the original eta. Count yourself lucky if its a few days late.
Old 6/3/05, 03:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@June 2, 2005, 11:57 PM
poo happens. My car was built april 4. Supposed to arrive april 25. After being in a quality hold, and being sent on the wrong train, I now have an eta of next week.... over a month from the original eta. Count yourself lucky if its a few days late.

a few days late.. it`s 7 months late.......
Old 6/3/05, 03:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hang in there Werked.
Once you sit behind the wheel and put your foot to the accelerator, it will all be forgotten and you will be free to roam the wild.
Of coarse you'll need to get out of NYC to let her rip.

Good luck.
Old 6/3/05, 04:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@June 3, 2005, 5:55 AM
Hang in there Werked.
Once you sit behind the wheel and put your foot to the accelerator, it will all be forgotten and you will be free to roam the wild.
Of coarse you'll need to get out of NYC to let her rip.

Good luck.

yea i know...........but that didnt stop me the other day in my 66
Old 6/3/05, 04:16 AM
Cobra Member

did they ever give you a reason on why it has taken 7months??
good luck I hope you take delivery today and then get the 05 smile!
Old 6/3/05, 04:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6@June 3, 2005, 6:19 AM
did they ever give you a reason on why it has taken 7months??
good luck I hope you take delivery today and then get the 05 smile!

well one reason was that when it was coming into the port of loading or unloading the car they droped it, car was totaled and they built me a new one..... but other reasons with my salesman just didnt sit right. i had more info from here than anyone at the dealership knew... the president of the dealership said you know more than i do and even suggested puting me to work in the parts department jokingly of course and my answer was i should be manager of the parts dept.. lol
Old 6/3/05, 05:54 AM
Cobra Member

if you want to see the rest of my ordeal here it is.......

my drama
Old 6/3/05, 05:59 AM
Cobra Member

also the funny thing is the car that was droped that was going to be mine was sold at auction already......
Old 6/3/05, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hang in there Werked. Hope today brings 'naner news!
Old 6/3/05, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

7 months? gosh that is a long time, but I guess you can look at it like this : People usually wait 9 months for the 'baby', yours getting here a bit earlier

And I promise, as soon as you drive her, all that heartache will disappear! Best of luck to you, and pat on the back of your dad for not holding back hehee.
Old 6/3/05, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WERKED 66@June 3, 2005, 5:57 AM
if you want to see the rest of my ordeal here it is.......
my drama
Holy crap. I never realized that happened. I feel for you, and know know what you are going through.
Old 6/3/05, 01:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@June 3, 2005, 7:21 AM
7 months? gosh that is a long time, but I guess you can look at it like this : People usually wait 9 months for the 'baby', yours getting here a bit earlier

That's a good one... when your 'baby' arrives at least you won't have to change diapers! Unless of course you scare the you know what out of yourself drivin it around!
Old 6/3/05, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Way to go DAD.

Thats what DAD's are for.

Remember that on Father's Day

I'm also a Dad and that is my role too