2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Test Drove a V6 05 Mustang today

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/04, 02:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only got to drive the Mustang for a short ways on the Highway, in stop and go traffic! It handles quite well, and handles the bumps too.

I did feel that the car could use some more power, and that maybe the suspension is made for the extra weight of the GT. So, I'm going to hold out for the GT.

There was a lot of people looking at the Mustang as I was driving it along on the test drive. I think a couple even follows the Sales lady and myself and took pics.

One other thing that I rembered from the test drive was the excellant visiability out of the Mustang especially out the front and over the hood. The rear and side visiability was good too. That's something I really like in a car. I didn't go for a test drive in a Mazda RX8 because it has a huge blind spot to the rear and sides. Didn't like it........

Glad you guys liked my pics, especially the spare tire!

I'll have some more when I test drive a GT........
Old 10/17/04, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Falchion, nice stuff.

I saw a Legend Lime GT with Bullits and IUP behind the showroom building. It was already sold as a pre-order, so I couldn't get in it.

I dealt with Reid Harmon with Internet Sales there at Five Star. VERY friendly and is willing to do X-Plan as soon as they get more 'stangs on the lot. I'm gonna probably order mine, so it doesn't matter, but if you like on on the lot, there ya go.
Old 10/17/04, 03:38 PM

Yeah Reid was the Sales guy I talked to also. I took the test drive with his wife who works there also. I already got it confirmed with Reid that they'll do the X plan, so that's cool. Thanks for the tip though!

I would have liked to see that lime green GT, I'm going to test drive a GT when they get enough of them in.

I'll probably order also, after I get a test drive in a GT.......
Old 10/17/04, 03:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Falchion@October 17, 2004, 4:41 PM
I'll probably order also, after I get a test drive in a GT.......
Reid said he'd call me as soon as they have a GT that people can take for a spin. And his wife was really friendly too. He told me the story how she start selling cars.

I'll probably wait til Spring to order...it'll probably be torture after I drive one (a GT) to wait that long.
Old 10/17/04, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Falchion@October 17, 2004, 2:35 PM
I didn't go for a test drive in a Mazda RX8 because it has a huge blind spot to the rear and sides.
You didn't go for a test drive but you know off-hand it has these huge blindspots? :scratch:

My friend actually has one and I've driven it plenty of times with no notice of any huge blind spots. The car is actually a lot of fun to drive. It's rotary engine has a lot of get up and go at 240ish HP. The handling is great too. Definitely give test driving it another thought, you'll be surprised. IMO
Old 10/17/04, 04:20 PM

Well I did sit in the RX8, and it seemed it was hard to see out the rear and to the sides, maybe I should have test driven it after all, but at the time I didn't like it too well.

And GhostTX; Reid said he'd call me to test drive the GT as well. I was also thinking about waiting untill spring to get one, but that depends on how well I like it........
Old 10/17/04, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by houtex@October 16, 2004, 10:16 PM
Wait, I thought of some more stuff.

I love the 'Optional' automatic transmisson on the V6, seeing as you can't even get a manual yet. And as a person, I find it somewhat weird. The old Firebirds and Camaros came with autos standard, and you had to pay to get a manual... Funny that. Besides I think that you should just get to PICK one, and they don't charge extra. Oh well. I want a manual in mine. But if I have to get an auto, well, they're gonna be givin' it to me free, or gettin' me a stick.

Secondly, even though I find the well for the spare attractive, that doesn't look like it's gonna be fun gettin' it out. Why, it looks like they got those 'one way' keeper things surrounding the tire. Like a pitcher plant and the flies. Flies go in, but they can't go out. Muahahahah!!!

Maybe I need sleep...
The rubber ribbed stuff is actually troweled-on sound deadening compound. It works the same as dynamat.
Old 10/17/04, 04:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Mas35NYR+October 17, 2004, 5:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mas35NYR @ October 17, 2004, 5:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Falchion@October 17, 2004, 2:35 PM
I didn't go for a test drive in a Mazda RX8 because it has a huge blind spot to the rear and sides.
You didn't go for a test drive but you know off-hand it has these huge blindspots? :scratch:

My friend actually has one and I've driven it plenty of times with no notice of any huge blind spots. The car is actually a lot of fun to drive. It's rotary engine has a lot of get up and go at 240ish HP. The handling is great too. Definitely give test driving it another thought, you'll be surprised. IMO [/b][/quote]
not after owning an RX7 TT you're not B)