2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Drove an 05 in Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/04, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I test drove a 05 Black stang at Renolds Ford in Norman Oklahoma the night before last. This is one of the sharpest cars I have ever seen. Lots of fun to drive. Here are my thoughts on the car.

Interior awesome. We looked at a couple stangs at the Dallas fair and their interiors were not as tight as the production car. Very Comfortable, the shifter was a bit far up if the seat is all the way back I am 6'1", so I always have the seat all the way back.

The car sounded mean as heck. It auctually kind of growls at you. It is more of an exotic sound than than any other stang I have heard. So mean the wife thought it was too loud. Of course I was ragging it out, so I always had the RPM's up pretty high. It auctually kind of growls at you. It is more of an exotic sound than than any other stang I have heard.

The tranmission was clunky, especially when my wife drove it. This was a 5 speed manual.

The handling of this car is Awesome. If felt tighter to the pavement than a BMW 325. It felt almost as good as the RX8, but with lots more power. : ) The really good thing is it actually rides really smooth on crappy Oklahoma roads.

Power was just a little dissapointing. This may have been since the car is so refined, but I don't think it is as fast as the Mach 1, or 99, 01 cobras. I would say comparing it to other cars I have raced that it will run 13.4-13.7 with a good driver.

Overall, this car is prob the most fun car I have ever driven if you consider everything. I think Ford has hit on their hands. I think they know that people want a car that carve the corners every bit as much as a car than can haul hiney. This car can do both.

They wanted 27200 for the car which was MSRP. It had every option I would want Shaker 500, IUP, Red Seats and Upgraded wheels. I love the stance on these cars.
Old 10/22/04, 10:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you liked everything except for the trans? You said it was clunky? Could you go into detail? A lot of people said that they liked the 5 speed manual.......
Old 10/22/04, 12:09 PM

My wife has driven a manual only in my old 95 f-150. Anyways, when she drove, she didn't give the car gas as she accelerated, she just let the clutch out. Every time it made a "clunking" noise. It did not do it to me when I drove, but I was also gasing it pretty good when I got on it.

Yes I did love the car, I am trying to find one for MSRP +500, or wait until January when my friend that works at a Dealer can get me D-plan.

The salesman got on my nerves, her kept talking about how I am so much younger than most mustang buyers. I am 25 and my wife and I are both college educated. I don't know if he was mad I didn't want to pay MSRP or what.

On a funny note, the salesman also said they had a convertible on its way! I just smiled.
Old 10/22/04, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Its the only, Its the only, Its the only, Its the only, Its the only, Its the only, Its the only, song we know... Sorry, but being in the CU marching band, we make fun of OU because they only play boomer sooner over and over, plus I despise other Big 12 teams. Also, instead of the Oklahoma Sooners, they should be called the Oklahoma Cheaters...since that is esentially what a "Sooner" is.
Old 10/22/04, 12:37 PM

It's funny hearing Colorado fans calling OU cheaters when they are the one's going through recruiting scandals and leftovers from the days of slick Rick. Your football team stinks and you should be thankful you are in the Big 12 North or you would be lucky to win one game in conference. Well that’s enough about college football, and thanks Soonerjoe for the test ride info. I'll have to check it out this weekend along with the V6 up at Reynold's Oklahoma City.
Old 10/22/04, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTH does college rivalries have to do with the test drive???

Nice that you got to drive a GT. I'm still unsure what this "clunkiness" some people are saying about the stick though. Maybe when I get to drive one...
Old 10/22/04, 12:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really, let's talk about Mustangs.........
Old 10/22/04, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Silverlight@October 22, 2004, 12:40 PM
It's funny hearing Colorado fans calling OU cheaters when they are the one's going through recruiting scandals and leftovers from the days of slick Rick. Your football team stinks and you should be thankful you are in the Big 12 North or you would be lucky to win one game in conference. Well that’s enough about college football, and thanks Soonerjoe for the test ride info. I'll have to check it out this weekend along with the V6 up at Reynold's Oklahoma City.
Renolds in OKC doesn't have any, I work at 122nd and Rockwell, and checked on it today. The Renolds in Norman just has the one black GT.