2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Test drove 05 green gt vert

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife's Chrysler finaly died yesterday morning. Had 180,000 miles. Went to Apple Valley Ford to find her a minivan. While there, noticed a 05 gt convertible on the sales floor. This was posted last week from dealer letting us know it was sold and delivery was next day. Come to find out, customer ordered auto, but manually came in. He wouldn't take it, and ordered another one. So there it is sitting there. My sales guy knows I'm gonna order one soon, or wait for cobra to come out. He said jokingly, let's drive it. I laughed thinking why would they let me test drive a gt off the show floor when I not ready to get one. So he's back getting the paper work finished up and comes around the corner, and says let's go for a ride. (by the way, same rep sold a FORD GT late last year. $100,000 over msrp. Only problem, they're non commisioned sales rep. OUCH). So we get out of the parking lot. He pulls over and says your turn. I got in and started the fun. I couldn't belive the growling sound coming from the engine all the way back to the mufflers. I was so impressed by how easy it was to get a 2nd gear scratch out of it. I was very impressed. Only took it up to about 50 mph. To much traffic to really have fun. I really liked the feel of down shifting. Again, the growl coming off the engine was unbelivable. The picture of the convertible is somewhere on this forum. I'll find it and post it. They're asking a little over MSRP which they'll probably get without a problem. The vert was the 994 or 995th on made. I can't remember. So if you want a convertible, here it is. I was also impressed with how quite and sound the convertible is with the top up. Oh by the way, we bought a 2000 Mazda mpv. Wife was really happy with it.
Old 3/6/05, 04:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=17493

link to the car I drove.