2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/04, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a honda if you want a sunroof. You don't put a sunroof on a Mustang.
Old 9/13/04, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

That's an ignorant comment. :notnice:
Old 9/13/04, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bryman@September 13, 2004, 7:55 PM

This thread is ignorant, not to mention a repost x eleventy billion.

Ford is not going to offer a sunroof because it would hurt vert sales, probably dramatically, and I'm sure Ford gets hella more free advertising from all the stangs going down the street topless with a blonde in them, then from all the stangs with a forty-something suffering from a midlife crisis, who claims to want a performance car but is incapable of accepting it without two square feet of glass in the roof, for hair plug airation (sp?).... Not that i'm accusing anyone here of that.

All sunroofs leak, eventually, bottom lines, aftermarket ones forsure, and theres worlds of difference between the factory sunroof on the G35 and the one Ziebart would hack into the 05' roof.
Old 9/13/04, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by bryman@September 13, 2004, 9:55 PM

What's so ignorant about it? It's a lot more ignorant to not realize that Ford doesn't offer the sunroof for a GOOD REASON. I said it earlier, and VBlak just said it, as well. The Mustang vert sells very well, and if they offered a sunroof on the coupe, more people would opt out of the vert.

This dead horse has been beaten to a pulp beyond all recognition. :notnice:
Old 9/13/04, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

We ought to just shut this thread down.

This is just a stupid topic to begin with. The bottom line is:

Most mustangers, would not want an aftermarket sunroof cuz it looks like crap and Ford will not put one in cuz it will hurt the vert.

So for those who do want one: GOOD LUCK with the LEAKS!
Old 9/15/04, 12:05 PM

I don't get it... everyone talking about how sunroofs always leak. If that's the case, shouldn't all windows leak? I mean, why not your side windows, why wouldn't they leak? They all seal similarly, right? Have any of you actually had sunroofs that leaked, and in what cars?

Personally, I'd never get a 'vert. I think they look stupid and there are definite objective downsides beyond my subjective feelings about looks. I wish Ford would offer a sunroof as at least an option... oh well.
Old 9/15/04, 01:00 PM

I am often amazed that so many people seem to believe that their opinion about such a personal choice means that anyone who thinks differently is automatically wrong / stupid.

I would likely order a sunroof, if the option of one similar to what was available on the 1985-6 vintage GTs was available. Or like that on the G35 coupe mentioned above. Or a better one.

I would not order a convert. But that’s just me. And I see no problem with others preferring one. And I further recognize that Ford (and dealers) probably make more money on a ‘vert than on a modestly priced option. But what I find surprising is that Ford has decided not to offer potential purchasers the choice. Is no sale better than the sale of a coupe w/roof? Since I would not buy a ‘vert? Perhaps not today, with the ‘pent up demand’ and orders to fill. But next year? We’ll see . . .

If there is an I.R.S. option (NO, NOT expecting it to be standard – or included for $25K) and a Man-U-Matic option for the 5 speed automatic and a sunroof option as well, I may buy an ’06 or ’07 GT.

Just my $0.02 worth – with a 2 cent mail in rebate = FREE!!! And worth every penny.

Cheers,
- Ray
Owned at least 10 cars with sunroofs over the years – starting with a ’61 VW Beetle with a fabric folding contraption while in college – and never had one leak . . .
Old 9/15/04, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

more bananas.............