2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Submitted to plant!

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/04, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to a local dealership today to see if anyone has ordered a 05 mustang and what colors and options that they are expecting on their first few cars... The dealership said that no one has preordered a mustang but they are expecting a GT 2nd week of September. When I asked the build date the fleet manager says she did not have one. Of course the next question was: How can you give the the delivery will be in September? The answer to that question was by experience. She also told me that she that she expects it may come in sooner. I did see the DORA.. and on it was VEHICHLE NOT FOR SALE.
Old 8/12/04, 08:10 PM

I talked to my dealer today. He really didn't have much information about this car besides what he saw in the order bank. I assume he doesn't share my enthusiasm. I had him fax me my order as it is in the order bank. It shows my order as a priority 13. He explained to me that stock orders are 10, and "custom" orders are 13. I realized he was a salesman as opposed to a mustang enthusiast.
Old 8/12/04, 08:13 PM

He chuckled when I was giving him information that I've learned from this site. I figured I'd give him the web site so he could be more informed-he chuckled again. I can't seem to find someone down here that shares my excitement. Thanks Brad and all for the provided channel.
Old 8/12/04, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 169stang@August 12, 2004, 6:13 PM
I talked to my dealer today. He really didn't have much information about this car besides what he saw in the order bank. I assume he doesn't share my enthusiasm. I had him fax me my order as it is in the order bank. It shows my order as a priority 13. He explained to me that stock orders are 10, and "custom" orders are 13. I realized he was a salesman as opposed to a mustang enthusiast.
13 is lower priority -- I would find a different dealer if he's putting his stock orders ahead of the custom ones.
Old 8/12/04, 08:30 PM

To be honest, It really doesn't matter too much to me. I have my build date and such. I'm satisfied as to when I will get it. This particular dealer sells more trucks than any other dealer in the state. I went to them because I figured they were a larger dealer able to get my order sooner. Besides, I know they sell vehicles cheaper than any other dealer around-that's what they are known for.
Old 8/13/04, 10:01 AM
GT Member

What does INQ status mean?
Old 8/13/04, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Avalanche@August 13, 2004, 4:04 PM
Is that status from your DORA? or from a status report.
Old 8/13/04, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Im on vacation so i dont know the exact date i ordered my GT but i know it was very early because i was there when the salesman got the official order guide and i ordered mine on the spot. I have a Priority 8 and was one of the first to get a VIN but i still dont have a build date, just TEMP DELAY!! Mabye by now my salesman has gotten one but being away i cant contact him. Its so exciting that people are getting solid dates!!
Old 8/13/04, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck Bhead...I'm sure you'll be getting a hard date soon. Priority 8? first I've heard of one like that. I thought 10 was lowest.
Old 8/13/04, 04:08 PM

I just recieved this e-mail from my dealer today:

Hope you're doing well ... I just checked on the Mustang order for you,
and the car is tentatively scheduled to be built the first week of
September. You will definitely have one of the first arrivals.

I'll keep you posted as the dates are updated regarding build and
shipping. Thank you for your patience, and see you soon!

Old 8/13/04, 06:36 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by bullittman+August 13, 2004, 4:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bullittman @ August 13, 2004, 4:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Avalanche@August 13, 2004, 4:04 PM
Is that status from your DORA? or from a status report. [/b][/quote]
status report
Old 8/13/04, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I checked the status reports I've got and don't have that bit on them. Might PM BEK or Kevin....They might know .
Old 8/13/04, 08:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

You know what, my dealer takes preorders but doesn't actually submit them till the FINAL PRICING is available in early September. I somehow think there's a conspiracy 'round here, because the facts are not adding up.

If pricing is unavailable, you CAN'T have a build or a sheet or ANYthing showing status of your vehicle- they are not yet being ordered by dealerships! Unless someone can explain how they ordered -- FROM FORD IN DETROIT -- while dealerships are not submitting their preorders yet, I'd appreciate it since I actually went to 2 different dealerships to confirm my qualms on this... :scratch:
Old 8/13/04, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by autothing@August 13, 2004, 10:47 PM
You know what, my dealer takes preorders but doesn't actually submit them till the FINAL PRICING is available in early September. I somehow think there's a conspiracy 'round here, because the facts are not adding up.

If pricing is unavailable, you CAN'T have a build or a sheet or ANYthing showing status of your vehicle- they are not yet being ordered by dealerships! Unless someone can explain how they ordered -- FROM FORD IN DETROIT -- while dealerships are not submitting their preorders yet, I'd appreciate it since I actually went to 2 different dealerships to confirm my qualms on this... :scratch:
I am sorry but the dealers you have spoken to have not given you correct info. Ford has been accepting orders from dealers since June. Many people on this site and others have received Vin #s and production dates from Ford Motor Co. Yes, Ford has not announced pricing yet, but the Ford plant is scheduling cars for production for customers that will be built in September and delivered hopefully at the end of September, beginning of October.
If you want to order an '05 Mustang I would contact a different dealer and get your order in.
Old 8/14/04, 12:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hmm, interesting... I really don't know who/what to believe since everyone knows "someone who is someone" as a source for this info... I just checked the main ordering thread on the main 2005 forum and it too is different from what you said. Confucious need clarity, but oh well -- I'll just wait for the Ford salesperson to call me. Ugh, the anticipation -- days never felt so long!
Old 8/14/04, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by autothing@August 14, 2004, 6:21 AM
Hmm, interesting... I really don't know who/what to believe since everyone knows "someone who is someone" as a source for this info... I just checked the main ordering thread on the main 2005 forum and it too is different from what you said. Confucious need clarity, but oh well -- I'll just wait for the Ford salesperson to call me. Ugh, the anticipation -- days never felt so long!
With all due respect, If this thread (With FOMOCO status sheet on first page) backed up by numerous other posters of their vin # and status info,and confirmed by our known and verified dealer posters dosen't convince you of what is happening out there, I don't know what will. The dealer reps you are speaking with are giving you misleading (Selfserving?) information at best. It of course is your perogative to do as you wish, I just felt I had to speak up on it.
Old 8/14/04, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I am living overseas in Germany, and I ordered my '05 GT, Redfire, Parchment cloth interior on 19 July, my build date is Sep. 27 (a monday, hope that is good), and the VIN ends in 05164.

NOW, all i need to figure out is how long it will take to get from AAI (Ann Arbor??) to Baltimore, and then across the Atlantic.

First new car!

Thanks for all the info here.
Old 8/14/04, 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

O, and if Bek or Kevinb say it, it's true. They know more than 99 percent of other salesman. I believe what they say, and rightfully so.