2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stupid Ford Owner !

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/05, 11:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All I ever hear is, "is that the new Mustang? I see them all over the place" I say yes but this is the GT and they just look at you.
Old 5/15/05, 03:05 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get comments from men in all manner of vehicle all the time..... I guess I shouldn't ride with my windows down(the AC tick drives me mental, I have taken to not using ac anymore till the TSB comes out)
The women care less.
Old 5/15/05, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

No real stories for me although I like reading all of yours. I have had a few people thumbs up while driving. I'd say 90% of the people giving my car a second look are all driving fords (no big suprise there). I have waived to a few other mustangs but I have come to realize that most people don't wave back. You always get the camaro and fire bird guys reving their engines of course.
Old 5/15/05, 06:02 PM

another story that happend to me just last night. I was leaving work and noticed a few cars parked next to mine which I thought was a little odd since I park so far away. At any rate I go to get in and I hear "hey mustangman" and a few people walked up to talk to me about my car I started showing them the inside and all, and while I was showing that group I guess some more people had thier intrest peaked and also came over. In the end everyone seemed pretty impressed of the new stang and the things I had done to the car.
Old 5/15/05, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@May 14, 2005, 12:29 PM
Well I was driving to the local WaWa around here and I notice a 2004 Ford F-150 following me every which way I go :scratch: . So I pull into the local convenience store and he pulls up next to me. I go inside the store, nothing is said to each other, but as soon as I left the store he followed behind me and said is that the new Mustang? I said yes (in my mind I pictured myself hitting him), then he proceeded to explain that he was not getting a 2005 Mustang because he wanted one with more power. I said oh, the 07 Shelby you waiting for? He said, " No the 2006 Mustang GT, it is going to have 50 more horses." I told him flat out no that the engine specs were going to be the same. Also he tried to explain that if he WANTED he could get an 05 Mustang GT, I then replied with " They have ceased production on 2005 Mustang Gt's as I know." He then replied with, " Well if I want one I can have one" very sarcastically. I laughed and said have fun in your F-150 and departed.

I just find it amuzing that other people try to knock you off your pedistal because you have what either they want or cannot obtain so they make up different things about later models that will "supposedly come out". All of his comment were very sarcastic though, none in honest sincerity.

Matt
I for one would have recorded his tag # as from what you described by following you around that he may have some other intentions and that person just may qualify for a rubber room ?
Old 5/15/05, 06:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 15, 2005, 3:08 PM
I get comments from men in all manner of vehicle all the time..... I guess I shouldn't ride with my windows down(the AC tick drives me mental, I have taken to not using ac anymore till the TSB comes out)
The women care less.
I dissagree the WOMAN CARE MORE ! Its that motherly instinct in every bread that keeps everything hummin ! I do love the wild life channels , we can learn a lot from animals if'n we take the time. Like I just let my X drive my Gt home from my son's football game and now shes mad I let her buy a Ford Ranger instead of making her wait for a Mustang too . It felt Great !
Old 5/15/05, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@May 15, 2005, 7:11 PM
I for one would have recorded his tag # as from what you described by following you around that he may have some other intentions and that person just may qualify for a rubber room ?
You're right now that I come to think of it. I wasn't thinking about that because I was livid about the fact he was TRYING to act like a know it all. I appreciate it though.

Another story is from one of my co-workers. he tried to explain to me that the new Mustang cannot beat the C-5 corvette. So my rebuddle is, "Well if I wanted to spend 50k on a car that is butt ugly and shares the same exact steering wheel as a new Malibu, I would have." " I also can add another 12k to my car and beat that C-5 by a 1/4 mile, so what do you think?" He just stood there giving me a dumbfounded look like, :scratch: and . Some people just have the nerve, it's frustrating, but at the same time I know for the most part it's just jealousy and envy.

Matt
Old 5/15/05, 08:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My ignorant aunt says:
Your car is slow and huge....My car could take it.

I said: Mine has 210 horses under the hood, I think you are running like 140 wanna go see?

She hasnt said a word to me since