2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stupid 17 year old + Mustang = Crash

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/09, 06:36 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the combinations of Mustang + teenager + crash = overhyped

replace mustang or teen with anything else, and it becomes monontonous. once the combo of "sports car" and "youg driver" come into play, a completey average incedent gets blown out of proportion.

and i'm totally with pete that the driving test is a complete farce. its too god **** easy.
Old 11/4/09, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
.................and i'm totally with pete.........

Dude we know, we see your custom title.

Old 11/4/09, 10:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm assuming unless he's just a facking idiot. Just like another user said, I get made fun of for driving like an old lady most of the time (except the old ladies around here own Cobras and drive em like crazy! but thats besides the point). I drive normal, signals, dont speed around like I'm in NASCAR. There is no reason to flaunt or show off. I know what I have and I have fun with the car but I dont drive around like a doucher in a civic.

Its just hard to pay for your own nice car and want to drive around like an idiot in it. Its respect for everything you've worked for. Crashing into a house going 80 in a residential is NOT having respect for something you worked hard for. Therefore its safe to assume the kid is either a complete tool, an idiot, or mommy and daddy bought the car....or any combination of these.
Old 11/5/09, 04:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
i think the combinations of Mustang + teenager + crash = overhyped

replace mustang or teen with anything else, and it becomes monontonous. once the combo of "sports car" and "youg driver" come into play, a completey average incedent gets blown out of proportion.

and i'm totally with pete that the driving test is a complete farce. its too god **** easy.
I wouldn't call driving your car into someones living room "the average incident" LMAO
Old 11/5/09, 08:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I'll have to add two more cents here. I have 2 daughters and 1 son. he's the youngest. The girls both have had several run ins with other objects. One rear ended a car at a stop light the other has hit a parked car with her car as well as one day pulling out of a driveway running across the road into a retaining wall a telephone box and side swiping a tree. That one was in our 00gt. My son on the other hand has been driving the 00 stang for about two years with only one ticket. I think it was 67 in a 55 zone. Don't know wheather he learned from his sisters mistakes or just didn't want his but kicked if he wrecked my car. I know he has done some stupid stuff in that car but was some how smart enough or lucky enough to not screw it up.
Also I have heard in the past 6 or 7 years that more women/girls these days are getting into more accidents than men/boys are.
Old 11/5/09, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll bet his parent's insurance rate goes up a bit...
Old 11/6/09, 06:06 AM
V6 Member

when i was 16 i wanted a Mustang soooooo bad. I was given a 91 4-banger. Let me tell you how glad I am that i started off with that car! I learned how to handle rear wheel drive as apposed to the toyota which I was taught how to drive in. There were several close calls in that 4-banger and what saved me is that I was not able to fly around at 80mph (well I guess i could if i really wanted to)

at 18 I went out and purchased my first 5.0 and never looked back.
Old 11/6/09, 06:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Tsbird1994
I'd have to agree with you there... I bought my first car myself ('94 Thunderbird), and consider myself a very safe driver (I'm now 26 and never been in an accident). I always try to drive defensively (being proactive rather than reactive). Kind of like what fighter pilots say - "If you're reacting to what's around you - you're dead. You need to be thinking 10-steps ahead of what's happening at that moment).

Despite that I am guilty of doing stupid things when I was young. I don't think anyone here bought their mustang and never stepped on the gas a little. We're all guilty of that, and I dont' think there's anything wrong with it as long as you asses the risk. Think about where you are and who/what's around you. Doing 80mph down a residential street is RETARTED. You're putting other people in harms way, and not allowing any room for error (supposedly this kid got cut off and ran out of road to evade the car). That would obviously not have happened if he was doing the speed limit (or at least not to that extent of damage). The funny thing is despite my "need for speed" as a teenager, my parents would trust me behind the wheel over my sister any day. She used to hate when they said that, but like someone above mentioned, it just seems that a lot of girls get into less spectacular, but more frequent accidents. My own sister backed my mom's car into the neighbors SUV the first week she had a license! haha

I'm 26 now, and again, bought my GT with my hard earned money. I am very proud of what I've built it into, and take very good care or it. I'm 26 now, and there's still nothing I love more than stomping on that throttle and hearing the roar of my engine while I'm speeding by.... I mostly stick to the test & tune nights at the local track now for that rush. Not worth the risk of hurting me, my car, or someone else doing that stuff on the street. You never know what might be in the road that could send you crashing into something. Like some people said - don't bring others down with your stupidity.
dude how old are you???
Old 11/6/09, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PadreEgan
dude how old are you???
Dude, re-read the post. He briefly alludes to being about 33.
Old 11/6/09, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
I think Padre was poking fun at Tsbird's mentioning he is 26 now... 1, 2, 3, yep, 3 times in one post.

All of these points being made are great points. That's not to say that ripping on stupid actions is a bad thing either. That shows the stupid action is still socially unacceptable. The moment we accept everything, we allow everything and like it or not, we limit our behavior to what is socially acceptable before we consider how it actually impacts others.

Experience is having made all the mistakes. Learning from experience is the desire to not repeat those mistakes.
Old 11/6/09, 11:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PadreEgan
dude how old are you???
Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
I think Padre was poking fun at Tsbird's mentioning he is 26 now... 1, 2, 3, yep, 3 times in one post.
Oh, you're right, now I see where he said that...

It was supposed to have been a support of his joke, but now we're just being mean
Old 11/6/09, 01:08 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the reason is simple. 99% of mustang drivers have learned not to drive like that by the age of 30 years old. If they had been driving like that since they were 17 they would be dead in a mustang smashed into a highway over pass or something.

All these young kids(which im not to far away from in age now) forget all the old people picking on them have been there and done that. When this many people agree about something its for good reason. Most of the time we have already seen people die or a really bad wreck with people we know in it.

So learn to take some feedback
Old 11/8/09, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im 17...i dont see anyone bashhing me? the kid just couldnt handle his car, A 70 year old could easily do the same thing, thats really all there is to it.

Last edited by boduke0220; 11/8/09 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11/9/09, 12:29 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Got stuck on stupid!
Old 11/9/09, 01:07 AM
Cobra Member

well, i could make fun of the kid, but im 17 years old myself nor do i have a car so i cant really make fun of anyone. but i have to say this,...80mph in a residential nieghborhood??? well idk about residential nieghborhood but still. his school must be really strict on late arrivals or something. i can admit though id get the urge to speed behind the wheel of a mustang, but **** sure not on a 2 lane road. im smart enough to save the speeding for the freeway, i may get pulled over but id rather have a ticket than be in the hospital all banged up.
Old 11/9/09, 07:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Doesn't take a mustang. Just takes an overconfident, not well trained, or inept for whatever reason, individual to screw things up.

Yes he was speeding. Everyone speeds. I see yuppies in their beemers flyin' on the freeway at 120 when we're all doin' 65 or so. I see motorcyclist, old and young, with and without helmets, doing things that are patently stupid.

In other words, it's not the car, it's the person. If it wasn't a Mustang he would still be doing 80. THAT is the issue.

/My brother and a my '66 T-Bird. That was insane and how that car didn't flip, nobody knows.
//We figure it was doing 50 sideways through that field...
Old 11/17/09, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
http://madville.com/out/weird/315281...me_at_the_time

not a mustang but lets talk about it anyway
Old 11/18/09, 01:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lol i am 20, i have been drving mustangs since i was 14, my first car was a V6. I learned how to handle that car at high speeds and now i have my GT and my new GT500 should be in soon. But i do admit my driving school was a joke and really i learned alot more from my road racing instructor in 1 session than i did in the 8 weeks i spent in defensive driving school.
Old 11/18/09, 05:55 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've said it before and I will say it again. Lack of experience and trying to be "cool" is common with teen drivers. He should lose his license but also the parents need a reality check. Why they think a teen can handle a car with that much power is beyond me. I know, people will say that he most likely would have done the same if he was in a 4cyl 100hp car. Difference is, he can get up to 80 MPH a hell of a lot faster in a sportscar than he can in a VW Golf so he has more opportunity to lose control. When I have kids, they will be driving underpowered rust buckets until they prove they deserve a better vehicle.
Old 11/18/09, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
http://madville.com/out/weird/315281...me_at_the_time

not a mustang but lets talk about it anyway
Interesting that no one has commented on this as it's 100 times worse than the OP.

Quick Reply: Stupid 17 year old + Mustang = Crash