2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still Waiting For A GT?

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/04, 09:40 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, your waiting for your GT?? Black perchance? Willing to take a auto? Ok with paying sticker?

Not that I want these jerks to sell a car... but I know the waiting is killing me.

I drive by Power Ford in HB everyday. Every day... Every day I see the same GT in the lot. Its been there for a couple weeks now.

My husband called today to see if it was a stick. He was told no. The sales guy was like, "Why not come in a test drive it?" Hubby replied, "First of all, the wife wants a stick... Secondly, we arent paying 5k over MSRP." The good news is: They are now entertaining offers of MSRP!!! Of course, they are still not accepting X Plan.

So, as much as it pains me to give those idiots business, if anyone is looking for a auto, Black GT... there is one at Power Ford in HB.

Oh, here is the funny part... The car came with cloth seats. Because they havent been able to sell it, they took it and put leather seats in it today!! LSHICB. Hey, Mr Sales Manager... have you thought that maybe you outta stop marking it up???

If you do decide to go and check it out... make sure you let them know that they are actually making 05 GTs in stick... I will never forget thier sales guy telling me they arent making them yet.
Old 11/15/04, 10:29 PM
FR500 Member

It'll be a while before the prices come down here in sunny so-cal.
I ordered through the auto club at $499 over invoice...picking it up tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 11/15/04, 10:46 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Very cool Wild Stray. When did you order? I ordered for my bday, 9/23. Hopefully, she will be born on the 22nd.

I am paying $89 over invoice, with XPlan. I heard rumours that I can also apply a AAA discount on my XPlan, and if that is the case, I could end up paying UNDER invoice... I am going to waiting another 4 weeks at least anyway...
Old 11/16/04, 08:08 AM
FR500 Member

Very good deal Jessica, especially for around here! I ordered on 9-15.
Old 11/16/04, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Jessica...check your "Conceived" date in your sig. Oh, and I just found out my car is on a temp hold. Better call Santa Margarita and check. My sales guy told me it might not come in till the first part of January. I hope its bull.

Yeah, Power Ford is a joke. My parents tried buying an eddie bauer Expedition a whie back, and they totally gave them the run arround.
Old 11/16/04, 11:05 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Concieved date is correct... Thats when I ordered.. I gotta change my due date though...

I was on that temp hold thing too... but mine only lasted for a week. I got my VIN and build date the following week. She is due this coming Monday, but I dont know whats going to happen with the holiday thrown in there, and then XMas, right after. Hopefully she will get built just before AAI Closes. Then shipped when they open again, but before they close for XMas.

Cross your fingers! I have a call into my sales guy... I call every Friday, this is the first time he hasnt called me back right away. I hope its not a bad sign!

Edited to Add: OMG I just noticed my concieved date! LOL Thanks Rick.
Old 11/16/04, 08:28 PM
FR500 Member

Jessica, good luck with early delivery. I'am totally happy with the new pony, received this afternoon. I love it! Early darkness is the pitts.
Old 11/16/04, 10:54 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I did hear back, all is well, and still on track for a build date of 11/22. Keep those fingers crossed!!!!

I have been searching local inventory, and still havent found my exact car... so, I am almost ok waiting... LOL
Old 11/16/04, 11:14 PM
FR500 Member

Not my business, but I would sooooo wait and get exactly what I wanted.
Old 11/16/04, 11:27 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

WildStray... I know, I do. Its just so hard seeing them on the road, etc. I have never ordered a car before, and I had to order the new 05... When I bought my 99, we were in the market for a car for me, searched for days, and the first time we went to the Ford dealership the guy made hubby mad. The second visit, hubby walked up to a different sales guy and said, "I hope you want to sell a car today, because the other guy didnt." We test drove a yellow one, and then I decided I wanted white, he pulled it out from the back, and viola, I had my car.

I didnt even know what kind of options were available on it. I ended up with everything, just didnt know, LOL!!! Ever since that test drive, I told my husband I would always own a Mustang. I havent changed my mind! Since I have never ordered a car, I am used to just taking what the car comes with... ya know?

I know I will be stoked when I get it... It is defintely a great feeling knowing that car was built JUST for me, no one else is going to drive it, no one else is going to touch it, from the second the first weld is placed, its MINE.

But, MAN, the waiting is painful. This is bad, I cant imagine what its going to be like once its built and I am waiting for it to be deilvered!!!
Old 11/16/04, 11:37 PM
FR500 Member

The wait is agonizing! No question about it. But you will feel like the ordered car is "your" car more than any car you have ever owned.

Again, good luck, it will come very soon now.
Old 11/17/04, 12:21 AM
Bullitt Member

JessicaRabbitt where did you order your car for $89 over invoice? I also have a X-Plan pin, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding a dealer that will accept it here in SoCal. also is $89 over invoice typical for X-Plan?

Edit:
I see you ordered from Santa Margarita.